Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 08:18:55

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 16
Total: 16

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

2 TriCopter flyaways now about to build #3 have you any parts?

Started by NickC, Wednesday,September 25, 2013, 20:40:25

Previous topic - Next topic

NickC

i';m based on the RCExplorer design, first two were between 800 - 900 grams, liked the 750kv bell type motors but open to any ideas and offers - thanks for your interest!  Have a KK2, but would still be interested in GPS enabled flight controllers - main thing I need is ESCs, Motors, props and I killed my camera (600 TVL sony). Cheers  :smiley:

NickC

Park this thread for now, I was hanging about in Chat and that fantastic guy Mr Philtrum came to my rescue with a quad he no longer wanted, at a bargain price and which I received today.

Here';s my list of ';complaints'; about what he sent me:

A. It turned up today, a day earlier than I was expecting :-)
B. It is the most awesome, immaculate and systematic construction/build/wiring I could have ever have hoped for
C. There was no annoying resoldering of battery connectors, scrabbling for parts to get in the air, you had included everything
D. Props were labelled and perfectly balanced, spare bearings and shafts were included, spare props to carry my possible FPV load, again everything I could ask for
E. Bluetooth was a breeze to setup, my Crius setup was such a pain because of the need to keep connecting and reconnecting the USB lead, Peter King recommended against my purchase of a BT module from him because I didn';t have a particular BT chipset in my laptop - no such worries with this quad and BT module - oh the joy!
F. Packaging was thought out carefully, Batteries were at storage charge before shipping. Phil is highly methodical!
G. I followed Phil';s clear emails carefully and could therefore configure my transmitter without even turning a prop on the quad, powered up and everything was correct first time with no danger to life, limb or my lovely new quad!
H. I followed Phil';s tuning tips and had the quad pretty much hands off in acro and nearly hands off in level within 2 flights (can';t seem to get level tuning to respond to roll/aileron corrections i.e. no flashing light and no change in level flying behaviour but tuned it in elevator/pitch very happily and easily)
I. The quad is the most settled, solid and predictable thing to fly - it is just awesome.
J. the LEDs are a fantastic aid to orientation.
K. My 12 year old daughter who has lived through tricopters #1 and #2 (and tried to help me find them) thought I was amazing, she said ';OMG Daddy I had no idea you were building another one and its even cooler than the first two...its like a quad copter thingy';

bunnygirl80

Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

NickC

Thanks Steph! 

She also said ';what are you going to do to this one to stop you losing it';    :whistling:

Riggsbie

Calomile

Phil is a great builder and such a knowledgeable chap. I feel privileged to know him and chat with him on a day to day basis!  :notworthy:

I agree, gotta have some pics and videos!
I reverse polarities for fun.

philtrum

Glad you like it Nick, like i said in chat, it flys too well to be broken down to build something else
hopefully it will serve you well

Thanks for your kind comments and making the transaction super smoth
Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Maybe the extra leg on this one may help it not to fly away?  :beer2: :laugh:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

kilby

Quote from: ChrisH on Tuesday,October 01, 2013, 13:33:04
Maybe the extra leg on this one may help it not to fly away?  :beer2: :laugh:

That';s for tying it down with
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

NickC

lol.  love it, will tell my eldest that I';ve added the extra leg to prevent losing it... she';ll be scratching her head for days  :cool:

NickC

erm photos and vids - understood but the cupboard is a little bare, hopefully Phill doesn';t mind me linking to the photo he sent me of the FC wiring, a thing of beauty in my newbie experience especially compared with the spaghetti which was my first two Tricopters especially the Crius with FPV which looked like a hovering lab :-)

I';ve got a bit of v boring vid of my 2nd flight (a short hover of amazement at how stable and easy everything was) which I';ll post shortly...

NickC

having trouble with video, will sort tonight I hope

DarkButterfly

I know all too well the feeling of losing a tricopter,

I lost one in the sea, it had a KK2 board on it, FPV gear and a new spektrum full range receiver.

It was flying really nicely, level no problems, I was flying FPV, all of a sudden it banked sharply to the left, then dropped from about 50 maybe 60ft up, overshot the field I was flying on.... plop straight into the drink.  :banghead:
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]

NickC

Quote from: DarkButterfly on Sunday,October 20, 2013, 22:26:41
I know all too well the feeling of losing a tricopter,

I lost one in the sea, it had a KK2 board on it, FPV gear and a new spektrum full range receiver.

It was flying really nicely, level no problems, I was flying FPV, all of a sudden it banked sharply to the left, then dropped from about 50 maybe 60ft up, overshot the field I was flying on.... plop straight into the drink.  :banghead:

agonising to read that but thanks for sharing - now that the maize harvest has completed I can lay the ghost of my first tri to rest, it definitely became combine harvester food in one of two fields.   The second one is still a mystery unless a cow ate it...

Haven';t lost the quad yet, so the extra leg seems to work  :laugh:

cleantricopter

Hi Nick

Just wanted to say hi.

You sound as if you';re in about the same place as me. I';m flying a modified RCExplore tri and will get into GPS/FPV soon. Good luck with your search.
Cheers David

NickC

Hi David

Thanks for stopping by.  I have stuck with the replacement quad and have managed some properly ';committed'; fpv flights with cheapo goggles,  just literally today got some better quality ones and am waiting excitedly for the weather/time/work/xmas shopping equation to allow me to try them out!

all the best

Nick

DarkButterfly

Quote from: NickC on Monday,December 16, 2013, 15:43:02
Hi David

Thanks for stopping by.  I have stuck with the replacement quad and have managed some properly ';committed'; fpv flights with cheapo goggles,  just literally today got some better quality ones and am waiting excitedly for the weather/time/work/xmas shopping equation to allow me to try them out!

all the best

Nick

That';s cool Nick

I';ve rebuilt my tricopter, exactly as it was before.

I should have it in the air by the new year, bit I won';t be putting FPV gear on it yet, I have the quads for that.

I';m also getting a hubsan X4 :-)
Why use 4 motors when you can use 6?

YouTube channel
[url="https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386"]https://www.youtube.com/user/RobR386[/url]