Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 10:42:58

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36
Total: 36

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Intermittent Naza Fault

Started by dp106, Tuesday,September 24, 2013, 11:32:23

Previous topic - Next topic

dp106

Rather a strange one this..

For the most part my Naza behaves itself just fine, (no GPS fitted).  However on the odd occasion when I power up and go to take off the rear doesn';t want to lift.  (I fly FPV and usually take off in manual).

Last week when I was testing a recent rebuild I took off in attitude mode and it went mental.  Pitched forward straight off and flew straight into the wall.  I';m thinking this is the same issue I see occasionally in manual just a bit more exaggerated when in attitude mode!

Anyone else seen this?  I';m a bit worried I';ve had one rough landing too many and there';s something not quite right with the Naza  :hmm:

flybywire

Hiyah

Web page just crashed posting this, damn!

I';ve seen this issue crop up a lot on this forum lately, it sounds similar to an issue I had happen to me twice several months ago, back in early summer.  Looked around on the forums, came up with a sticking sensor in the Naza.  Cure was a light ';tap'; with a screwdriver on the underside of the Naza FC.
Odd, but afterwards it hasn';t happened since.  I was transporting my quad on the rack of my pushbike in those days, loads of vibes, must have corrupted he sensors maybe?  It culminated in my quad ending up high in a tree, sans lipo and with gopro in the river below!
Worth a try eh?

Andy
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

dp106

Quote from: flybywire on Wednesday,September 25, 2013, 13:03:22
Hiyah

Web page just crashed posting this, damn!

I';ve seen this issue crop up a lot on this forum lately, it sounds similar to an issue I had happen to me twice several months ago, back in early summer.  Looked around on the forums, came up with a sticking sensor in the Naza.  Cure was a light ';tap'; with a screwdriver on the underside of the Naza FC.
Odd, but afterwards it hasn';t happened since.  I was transporting my quad on the rack of my pushbike in those days, loads of vibes, must have corrupted he sensors maybe?  It culminated in my quad ending up high in a tree, sans lipo and with gopro in the river below!
Worth a try eh?

Andy
Eek, not sure I fancy the idea of giving it a tap  :frantic: (I';ve always wanted to use the smilie  :smiley: )  I guess if as you say I use a screw driver there';s not too much danger of applying excessive force..

SimonS

The main Mems sensor in the Naza is not hard mounted. It sits in between some foam dampers.

Note that in both these photo';s the Naza unit is upside down.

I guess, given a hard enough shock it would be possible for it to stick in a strange position.

flybywire

Yo!  I';m not suggesting you hit it with a hammer!  All I did was to tap it very lightly with a flat bladed screwdriver a couple of times on the case, just enough to unstick the sensor.   I think a tech from fpv.co.uk suggsted it on a forum somewhere, but don';t quote me.  :laugh:
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

dp106

Quote from: flybywire on Wednesday,September 25, 2013, 15:36:28
Yo!  I';m not suggesting you hit it with a hammer!  All I did was to tap it very lightly with a flat bladed screwdriver a couple of times on the case, just enough to unstick the sensor.   I think a tech from fpv.co.uk suggsted it on a forum somewhere, but don';t quote me.  :laugh:
haha, I';ll send you the bill for a new Naza when I';ve squished mine with a big mallet  ;)