Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 00:03:52

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

I have a confession to make!

Started by guest325, Monday,September 23, 2013, 21:19:07

Previous topic - Next topic

guest325

Well...... the 6 packs I flew yesterday were predominantly in Alt hold - yes I have done something I said I wouldn';t but......... it was soooo much fun!!!
Nice backed circuits at stupid speeds, I could very easily get addicted to that!
But I did have a couple of situations where I took over because I thought I might come to grief and was soooo glad that I had learned the hard way!
Definitely something I shall do again, (probably quite often) and shall enjoy - if this is one of the benefits of having a reasonable FC then it has to be worthwhile!

kilby

Spent ages in loiter yesterday but then I was flying around at a height of 18 to 24 inches (chasing rabbits)

Couldn';t quite manage it on regular controls without meeting the ground a bit too often
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Hands0n

There is a lot to be said for the advanced FCs - especially the ones running Arducopter code in whatever flavour you have yours.

I amazed someone recently by popping the Firefly 450 into Stability+Simple and then flew it about spinning like a top (full Yaw left or right, whatever takes your fancy) and in total control. 

I';ve not tried Alt Hold for power runs and turns but will be sure to give it a go next time out in the field.

That said, the precision of Arducopter in my APM 2.5 does inspire me to use Manual even for lift off and landing. 
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Biffa

Who cares what mode you';re in - flying is flying. The important thing is to enjoy ~~
Steve

Hands0n

Quote from: Biffa on Monday,September 23, 2013, 22:00:04
Who cares what mode you';re in - flying is flying. The important thing is to enjoy ~~

Well, there is that too  ~~ :beer2:
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

It was amazing, I usually have to concentrate really hard to keep a reasonably level circuit with banked turns I tend to rise coming out of the turn but this was something different, about 10ft off the ground running full throttle and more or less full forward. It reminded me a bit of the guys at our club playing with their Pylon racers, only thing different was I was on a much smaller field! Best fun I';ve had for ages!

kilby

It';s a shame to have all those modes and not use them.

Hoping the weather is good enough to chase the rabbits again
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

barneyg

I was getting dispirited at the weekend I just can';t get banked turns in acro mode on Multi Wii.  I put it into stabilise mode and ripped out a few circuits ... Felt much better :)

steve fh

I can fly with the Naza in full manual, nose in nose out stood on my head etc, but it';s far more relaxed and smooth in Ati.

To be honest i';m not sure why everyone is so obsessed with learning in Manual then using Ati or auto level. It';s like learning to ride a bike then putting stabilisers on afterwards.

With these FC';s if something fails so that self level does not work then odds are you will have no control in manual either as even manual is using the gyros and processors to give you "manual" control so the idea that you will be able to take control if the FC fails is just a fallacy.

Unless you are trying to fly aerobatics get all the aids turned on, relax and enjoy the flying (and hopefully less time fixing broken parts)

PS might be exaggerating a bit about flying stood on my head  ::)

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

Biffa

Quote from: steve fh on Tuesday,September 24, 2013, 12:32:00 Unless you are trying to fly aerobatics get all the aids turned on, relax and enjoy the flying (and hopefully less time fixing broken parts)

+1
Steve

flybywire

Yes sir-ee, to that.  The day will come when you will be able to stick a Bluetooth receptor to your head & Tx and fly your quad by brainwaves , but until then I use GPS Atti mode all day long.  It';s why I';ve spent fortunes on flight controllers!  ~~

Andy.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Hands0n

Ditto - I';m coming down on the side of Naza and APM 2.5 (and Pixhawk when it arrives).  The latter being my preferred FCs, although the Naza did rather work OOTB where the APM has been a bit challenging at times, but I got there (thanks entirely to the chaps on here).

I enjoy flipping into manual to stretch my current skills, and thats okay. But to also have the option to flip into one of the "assisted" modes is nice too. Especially for practising the kind of stuff I';d need to use when FPV around objects of interest.
--
Danny