Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 09:20:38

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Using Naza V2 with BTU and iPad ground station....

Started by sausageroll, Sunday,September 22, 2013, 01:10:14

Previous topic - Next topic

sausageroll

Hi Everyone,

Just stuck a v2 naza in my 550 with the bluetooth unit. I can connect to the naza fine with the naza assitant app on my phone, and i can connect fine with the naza app installed on my ipad, but the ground station app will not connect. Its very annoying. At first I thought the ground station was wookong only, but having looked at the DJI site, it says it should work with the Naza as well.

Am I missing something...? The bluetooth on the ipad and on the hex are clearly working. I cant work out wtf is going on!

Pete.

SimonS

sausageroll

Surely I can still use the normal radio though... Theres no way om relinquishing control of the hex entirely to touch screen joysticks. Il use the ipad for waypoint stuff but im not controlling it that way....

Il get that extender thing then.

SimonS

If you don';t want to loose  the use of your normal radio then I would not bother buying the 2.4gHz link.  If you look at the next video you will see that there is no traditional Tx in sight. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awSWaXlF1VU#t=25

This is aimed fair and square at those with no RC experience what so ever.  It will be interesting to see what happens when the first pilot turns up for a BNUC-s test with on of these.  :o

flybywire

You can use your tx, obviously the datalink/ground station is meant for setting up waypoints for automated flying tasks, the ios ground station adds controls of it';s own for convenience.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

SimonS

Are you absolutely certain? Can you provide any evidence that the standard RC remains in place because I cannot find it?

flybywire

Not as such, but no reason why it';s not on similar lines to original ground station, but as i say it';s aimed at automated flying, so is a mute point really.  I';ll let you both know when i get one!

Andy.
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
Keep it emax, capiche?

sausageroll

Well the law over here states that a human pilot with a normal radio must be on standby and able to relinquish control at any moment from any autopilot systems, so I would hope this is the case.

If you cant use the two stick radio system, im not interested, the waypoint thing is cool but I cant see it taking over from flying normally. What if the ipad goes bad, or something like that. The radio is trusted and built for this kind of thing, the ipad is not really made for this. Its cool for waypoints and stuff but its not a direct real time controller substitute in my view.

Marklincs

Depends on iPad version

1pad 1 and iPad 2 no chance

you need the retina (iPad 3 or maybe the Mini will do it)

Bluetooth 4 is required so check out which iPad you have to get it all working

flybywire

Quote from: Marklincs on Monday,September 23, 2013, 10:15:39
Depends on iPad version

1pad 1 and iPad 2 no chance

you need the retina (iPad 3 or maybe the Mini will do it)

Bluetooth 4 is required so check out which iPad you have to get it all working

Yeah, that';s right.  It all seems to work with my ipad mini (so far!).
It is all a bit confusing I must admit. 
It used to be simple & more straight forward, as all waypoint functionality was confined to the Wookong M system.  Now they have blurred the edges a little by introducing the Naza 2 and giving it Bluetooth as well, so now everything you could do with the more expensive (and more sophisticated) Wookong M, you can now pretty much do with a Naza.
The IOS groundstation has existed on DJI';s website for ages now, But originally it didn';t seem to mention the Bluetooth connection, and besides they were also developing the Bluetooth setup assistant (which is something entirely different of course), which I acquired for my WKM some months ago.   
So you can see there is scope for folk (more clever than I) to get things misunderstood, of course their ';Chinglish'; manuals don';t help either.
All I can add, i that I have the groundstation for the WKM, (2.4GHz) and to exit a waypoint mission, all you need to do is take it out of GPS mode, then you have full transmitter control.  In fact, you need to use the transmitter anyhow, by moving the throttle to over half way before clicking Go! on the mission planner software, in this way, if the craft comes out of auto, it doesn';t come crashing to the ground.
I found this:
DJI iPad Ground Control Station
Clearly shows conventional radio being used, in the shape of a very nice Futaba T8FG.

Happy flying.
:laugh:
Keep it emax, capiche?

bunnygirl80

Hi,

My pennies worth...

1. If you have the A2, Wookong, Naza V2 or Naza V1 with new PMU you can connect the DJI-LED-BT. This is a bluetooth enabled LED which allows you to connect to your FC from your iOS device BUT ONLY TO ADJUST THINGS THROUGH THE IOS ASSISTANT SOFTWARE. THE GROUND STATION WILL NOT WORK THIS WAY!

2. If you want to use the GS software you MUST use the 2.4G Datalink and it will not work through Bluetooth as Bluetooth doesn';t have the range needed.

I have tried using the GS the other day for the first time and despite a lack of decent documentation from DJI, I had my standard transmitted on standby by my side, I tried getting control back by moving my throttle above midpoint and also by switching the man-gps switch backwards and forwards, nothing would allow me to use my standard transmitter. So, at the moment I don';t think you can use both. I suspect, you can use the transmitter channels to control your gimbal whilst the GS is used for flying, as long as the cable goes direct to the gimbal from the rx. Anything that goes through the FC, I fear is turned off and overridden by the GS.

I';m now moving the 2.4 Data link to an old frame for some more testing.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]