Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 05:31:31

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Is it just me?

Started by kilby, Saturday,September 21, 2013, 17:07:27

Previous topic - Next topic

kilby

OK I have now reached the point where I am getring paranoid.

Every time I go out to fly I encounter lunatics (actually I';m just being polite about them) and they';re usually aggressive.

Between dog owners throwing a ball at the quad (twice) and some moron hitting golf balls at me I';m getting a bit fed up.

Today I head off the a park (all 160 acres of it) take myself as far away from everybody as possible.

The usual dog walker encounters where no problem, we respected each other by keeping respectful distances and the odd short and civil conversation was had.

Then HE turned up, the idiot on his Boardman bike. Every time I landed the quad or put it in a very low hover he would abandon his friend and cycle straight at my quad.

At first I thought I was mistaken.

He tried it again when I brought it down for a battery change, he came charging over a few hundred metres and only stopped because I stepped in front of him.

I ended up telling him to bugger off when he tried to barge past (towards the quad) Anyway he did bugger off eventually.

As I was going through my last battery who came charging out from behind a hillock on his bike straight at the quad <sigh>

Left with no other option I hit full throttle and off roared my quad, about 10 feet to one side of him, don';t think he expected such an aggressive roar from the quad and he seemingly very surprised rode off in the opposite direction pretty quickly (while shouting at his embarrassed looking friend to hurry up)

Anyway I landed the quad put everything away and trudged the 1/3 of a mile back to the footpath and civilisation and who did I see but a certain bike rider being ejected from the park by the cops, apparently he had been getting aggressive towards a family.

Needless to say this ass was driving a BMW off road thing and the last words I heard was the cop telling him that they where considering banning him from the park and surrounding area.

However 3 hours on I now feel very annoyed and don';t want to be bothered with crap like that and no hobby is worth it.

Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

philtrum

Sounds like you did everything right and this "gentleman" was very in the wrong, don';t let one arse spoil it for you mate, spindle like he would have been like that whatever you were doing.
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

Smeagol

These things happen, and I certainly wouldn';t let it put you off, I used to encounter the same when I was using my power kites at the beach.

Wonder where you were, perhaps it';s time to seek a better venue, we could put out heads together on that.

mutley2

I feel your pain, dog walkers FFs, I get up before dawn and the buggers are walking around holding a plastic bag full of sh*t, I swear some of them don';t own a dog they just walk round with dog sh*t in the middle of the night for fun. Then we have the polite but mad old dear that asks if she is bothering me and when I say "yes" she carries on talking anyway, I bet she has a dog but the poor thing just refuses to go for a walk at that daft time of day. Going to start carrying and air rife with me (rant over issh) hehehehehehe

dazza22

I have the same problem when ever I go to the theatre to see opera .I have some lunatic sitting next to me . Who is determined talk ,eat and drink  all the way through the performance .

I have come to expect (been flying fixed wing over 20 years )people to come over when flying in the park . Like you say the amount of space is no guaranty  of been left alone .

Maybe you could try and find a farm ? I have a field I can use where I don';t see many people . Anyway dont let it spoil your hobby

flybywire

i';ve got ';park life'; by Blur going round my head now Kilby.  i';m going to have to go and give it a good listening to..I suggest you do the same, and chill out.  as i said in a previous post, head out to the country & keep out of Joe Public';s way.  you know it makes sense?
Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

XamaX

Quote from: mutley2 on Saturday,September 21, 2013, 17:25:24
I get up before dawn and the buggers are walking around holding a plastic bag full of sh*t, I swear some of them don';t own a dog they just walk round with dog sh*t in the middle of the night for fun.

:blink

Mwhahahahah! Awesome.

kilby

Thanks folks I just find it really irritating that I encounter so many circus freaks.

I have a dislike of conflict I';m told when pushed that I have a somewhat acidic tongue (causing me to avoid suck situations even more)

To cheer myself up I bought myself a few new padlocks (lockpicking is my other hobby) to entertain myself with.

Anyway

New green led strips (check)
Beef stir fry (chexk)
Beer (check)
New licks (check)

Things aren';t too bad (mutter, mutter)

Ian
It was Dixon Park and there is a lovely little valley so I could look down on the quad while flying <sigh>

Anyway Bangor is on for tomorrow so hopefully there will be strength in numbers if you want to head over (hoping the mad golfer isn';t present though)
Taranis+

kilby

Quote from: mutley2 on Saturday,September 21, 2013, 17:25:24
I feel your pain, dog walkers FFs, I get up before dawn and the buggers are walking around holding a plastic bag full of sh*t, I swear some of them don';t own a dog they just walk round with dog sh*t

TBH I think that';s why some people own dogs.

There';s a nice big park straight across the road from my house (4 football pitches, cricket pitch tennis courts with another open space and they';re unusable because of the dog owners and I truely pity the footballers who play there (it must be gross)

I wish I could use that space for a bit of flying, it would save so much bother.

50 mile round trip tomorrow to get to the clubs official flying space (even though it';s private land the asses still turn up and annoy people)
Taranis+

Smeagol

I';ll see if I can get a run over, what time is tee off  ;)

kilby

13:00 but there may be folks there early as they are mowing the runway (well that';s what the email said)

So bring the quad
Taranis+

guest325

Unfortunately the world is full of these idiots who think that no one but them have the right to do anything in the places they go to other than themselves; you will encounter them everywhere and they all have the same attitude.
Don';t worry about it, it';s them that are wrong not all of the normal folk like me and you or anyone else for that matter who just want to enjoy and make use of the surroundings - to55er5 the lot of them, who do they think they are???

powerlord

What was the bike bloke gonna do then? Nick it? the world is full of people that have defied evolution and grown to adult size.  It is annoying.

What annoys me,  is when folk are interested and come up to you to engage you in a conversation about it while you are flying it.

You try your best,  but at the end if the day 80% of your attention is on the 1500 quid lump of flying gadget that against all the laws of physics you are keeping in the air...  It';s not unusual for them to go away in the huff thinking you are blanking them... ..wtf to you think I';m doing here..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

kilby

From his behaviour itnlooked like he was simply going to try an run it over with his bike.

If he had grabbed it he would have been sad as I would have stuck it on full power and to be honest I wouldn';t have worries about what the CF props would have done to his allocation of digits.

Probably would have considered  throwing his expensive bike into the river while he was down.

Hey ho beer O';clock is long gone and tomorrow is another flying day :)
Taranis+

kilby

Better mood today gone through a pair of batteries and one in reserve.

Watching a stuka pilot dropping bombs on the fixed wing runway
Taranis+

mutley2

Quote from: kilby on Sunday,September 22, 2013, 14:27:00
Watching a stuka pilot dropping bombs on the fixed wing runway
We need this bloke and his model, send him on a sortie if any bikers or dog walker get within 50ft of us when flying (extra point for a direct hit on old dear) lol

kilby

I did suggest filling his bombs with Cayenne pepper for dog sorted

It was the club elders that had their doubts
Taranis+

QuadBod

Quote from: powerlord on Saturday,September 21, 2013, 22:39:12
What annoys me,  is when folk are interested and come up to you to engage you in a conversation about it while you are flying it.

To be fair - I don';t think the general public could possibly have an appreciation for how much concentration it takes to fly RC, even my Mrs. forgets after all these years!

A polite but firm "give me five minutes, and I';ll be right with you", finish and land safely, then apologise, explain how you needed to concentrate so as to not scalp them while they chat, and go on to promote our hobby positively, then send them on their merry way explaining that for thier safety you can';t fly with anyone in close proximity. Job done!

Hands0n

Ha!  Similar happened to me a few weeks ago. Eager dad with his kid.  I was flying the Allien/Naza so hit up Loiter and chatted for a moment.  Then realising this was costing me precious mAh  ::) I excused myself and brought it into a landing before continuing discussing the hobby with them both. 

Admittedly, I would have had to be less accommodating if it were a aircraft without that capability.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

kilby

Have no problem with anybody asking questions etc as long as they';re civil and let me land the quad somewhere safe, it';s the maniacs I have difficulty with.

After all the world needs more quad flyers :)
Taranis+

RayH

I don';t mind people being interested as long as they are polite. As for the kids your always gonna get them. I let them view the fat sharks if I';m in the mood as for the idiots I have no tolerance whatsoever and found myself many a time threatening too hospitalise someone for screwing around. The dog walkers I warn that the carbon props can easily murder their dog. If that doesn';t work I usually scatter chocolate laxative about. Then laugh my head off at their dog sniffing it out and shitting overnight in the house. Doesn';t stop the mither off them but I childishly feel I';m winning.

mutley2

A tee shirt with a large print message would help, guys, lets have your idea';s ;-)

powerlord

I do it on video.

My thrust is massive

I always do it POV

I can thust solid for 8 minutes while shooting.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

kilby

Oi you in the Lycra, act your age
Taranis+

mutley2

I was more thinking of "I';m flying, No I don';t want to talk to you, bugger off and stop your dog lovin up my leg"
hehehehehehe

Biffa

I had a few flights this evening on the land across from my house. Couple of young mums with kids and dogs in tow came past kept well out of my way and seemed to be in awe of my rig floating around. Vwey much like a spaceship apparently.

Kind of a shame they didn';t stop and ask questions as I bet the young lad would have loved a quick go with the Fatsharks on.
Steve

kilby

Should have been flying this evening, but I';m still stuck in the office configuring switches.

It';s always nice when folks are actually interested, especially when you see the lightbulb above their head lighting up

I wonder if the first line guys would appreciate me waking them up with a low flying 450.
Taranis+