Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 11:11:14

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Alexmos 6 Point Calibration and Multi Function Button suspect Error!

Started by bunnygirl80, Saturday,September 21, 2013, 15:02:41

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Hi guys,

Well, today I spent a little more time fine tuning the Alexmos settings and they are now near perfect with no horizontal drift. I did this by making a little device (see below). I';ve used a spare 3D printed Jumpy IMU mount and this nifty piece of wood. Works a treat!

You can turn the piece of wood through all axis during calibration without the IMU cable getting in the way. Nice!

Okay, this gets me on to the MF button. The default setting for the MF button is CAL ACC which I beleive to be wrong. It states in the manual that ACC CAL should only be done once or if there are extreme changes in temperature.

I think it would make a lot more sense for it to do CAL GYRO so that you can level before a flight. I';m pretty sure the old Alexmos GUI did CAL GYRO! So, from the GUI I';ve now changed mine to do CAL GYRO.

If any of you think I';ve done the wrong thing OR even agree with my decision, please let me know.

Thanks.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

e.chipev

Nice "device".. I will try to replicate it and use it for same purpose (6 axis calibration)
I hope that will sort out the problem with the horizontal drift.
Thanks again and I will be watching this treat!
Regards

Evgeni

bunnygirl80

Hi Evgeni,

How did you get on? I find this little device very useful. I';ve got three alexmos boards and every single one benefited and improved dramatically after the six point calibration.

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

e.chipev

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Saturday,October 19, 2013, 03:59:10
Hi Evgeni,

How did you get on? I find this little device very useful. I';ve got three alexmos boards and every single one benefited and improved dramatically after the six point calibration.

Stef

Sorry for the late reply Stef but it took me ages to get this gimbal working(got it from 02/08/13).. first of all i wasn';t very lucky with this desire rc brushless controler, first one got bricked, second board made that magic smoke thing on first power up and third one was ..working!
I did try to do this calibration using: box,special tool(similiar to yours) even with IMU on the gimbal! The error on the gui was disapering but the horizontal drift not..
Yesterday recieved new IMU 6050 .. installed it quickly did 6 axis calibration using small box and now gimbal is finally working! :wack0

This is the best that i was getting with desire rc stock IMU:
http://youtu.be/7oJmdQILnWA

And this is first test with the new IMU:
http://youtu.be/9v4TO9oKV5w

Regards  :beer2:

bunnygirl80

Hi,

Oh, super! Glad you';re getting closer! It';s looking a lot better, but your six point calibration isn';t quite perfect. You will notice the horizon isn';t quite level and then when you do a 180 it slopes the opposite way. Not a deal braker, so you might decide to just leave!

Good luck, Stef