Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 08:55:37

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

my f330 build

Started by james111, Friday,September 20, 2013, 15:30:23

Previous topic - Next topic

james111

So I decided to build my first quad its a f330 with a

kk2.0 fc

turnigy plush 30a esc';s

1000kv 28 motors

8045 props
orange rx

and all powered by a 2200mah battery

sevet

i did some ecalcs, 1000kv might be  a bit weak for 3s if u add weight, the 28 1100 should be ok with 10a esc even, why not buy the hobbyking afro esc 20a or even 12a, they are prebuned with simonk firmware, just finished mine with aiop v2 with gps 5.8gh fpv leds and all at about 533grams, flies great even with 5000mah 3s, i have 1500kv motors (had smaller frame b4) and just ordered the sunnysky 1100 28 motors

guest325

Buddy of mine has a similar setup but on a 450 frame, should be ok especially if you are a beginner. The only thing with the turnigy plush esc';s is they need bl heli firmware not SimonK and it is more challenging to setup. You may be able to go up to 9" props with 30A esc';s and will get good performance - that';s what I have got on my 450, on a 330 it should be quite entertaining!
I';ve got the 1100kv ones for my V Tail that I';m building, up to 300W each on 4S, with an auw of just over a kilogram it should be pretty spectacular!

james111

Well so far all I have new is the frame The rest is spare or borowed off my tri copter what would you suggest can you add a link also im interested in gps

guest325

If you want gps the KK2 controller won';t give you that option, you need a Crius AIOP (which I have) or one of the multiwii boards (that unfortunately I know nothing about). It is useful to have this option and has pulled me out of the mire a couple of times; there are a few people on here running multiwii so it may be worth posting on that part of the forum.
But if you are not so bothered about how much you are going to spend then the APM or Naza fc';s are the mutts.

sevet

Already finished mine this week... the ecalcs were for better motors:

Yes, i went for a cheap one, but the total my educated guess is about 250$ without the new ordered motors and that is only for what I ordered specifically for this.... (had a vtx, had a camera....)

james111

So If I keep my spares and my try together what motors and esc would you recommend I would like to use 8045 props and 2200 3s battery ill have alook at the fc boards crius looks like what im after ill have a read up what price are good on them

guest325

Quote from: james111 on Friday,September 20, 2013, 20:27:00
So If I keep my spares and my try together what motors and esc would you recommend I would like to use 8045 props and 2200 3s battery ill have alook at the fc boards crius looks like what im after ill have a read up what price are good on them
For motors Sunysky 2212 980kv are very good
http://www.radioc.co.uk/Sunnysky-X2212-KV980-Outrunner-Brushless-Motor-p/3101.htm
For esc';s these are good, uk supply but you can get them cheaper if you are prepared to wait for delivery from china.
http://www.ekmpowershop14.com/ekmps/shops/proflightuk/proflight-uk-30a-esc-simonk-multi-rotor-optimised-164-p.asp
You would probably be better looking at 9" props on 3S to get the best from your setup and possibly be prepared to look at 4S if you want to stick with 8" props.

james111

It some thing to think about im going to be putting gps on this so that means I need a different fc aswell but untill I decied on one Im going to use the kk to get it in the air. So ive been making a start on it this motning and first problem came apparent. This is what it is I have a kk board a power board and a battery where do they go. For start battery to big to go on bottom so needs to be top or middle on its own so power board can go on bottom Battery in middle and kk stuck on top with sticky pads how do I secure battery

sevet

im with rctimer crius v2 and gps, the board is in the buttom deck even a 5000mah 3s battery fits snuggly on top with a scorpion small velcro strap,

click on my above picture and you will see the velcro oriantation. (pic too big...)

james111

I only have a kk2.0 at the min so it really needed to go on the top So you can see the screen but there was no way round it the kk had to go in the middle and battery on top like you have its nearly done now ill post pics later on

james111

So its complete no props on it yet but all motors spinning and spinning in the right way the kk tucked in there but u can just about see what your doing on the screen

Britishguy

e cigarette in the last pic, 510 cartomizer?  :laugh:

james111

So been given the go ahead of the mlssis to go fly quick check in the garden first it flys great only problen autolevel wont turn on no idea why it worked befor

guest325

Are you using the Gear switch?  If so make sure your leads are plugged in the right places both ends and make sure you have got the aux function enabled in the KK2 menus.
Glad you have got it working, it';s a great feeling when you have put something together yourself and it works  ~~  ~~  :cool:

james111

I had it all plugged in right needed to change it from switch to aux after I reset it so now we are all good even tho its only v1.2 so it dosnt really work that well but ye my first build from scratch and it flys really well as im a novice and managed to keep it in my garden whick is no more than 10x10 all I need is the board flashed if you could sort that for me and maybe fly a little show me some tips

guest325

Quote from: james111 on Sunday,September 22, 2013, 16:25:01
I had it all plugged in right needed to change it from switch to aux after I reset it so now we are all good even tho its only v1.2 so it dosnt really work that well but ye my first build from scratch and it flys really well as im a novice and managed to keep it in my garden whick is no more than 10x10 all I need is the board flashed if you could sort that for me and maybe fly a little show me some tips
Need to arrange something, v1.6 should be good - have to sort out the best way of getting it sorted, but make sure you write your settings down if you';ve changed anything the upgrade wipes your current settings.
As regards showing you how it';s done I';m still relatively a beginner myself, the only thing that I have done differently to most is not relied on the FC to fly my 450, I have tried to fly it without any of the aids. The KK2 has none of this so you don';t have the option which in my opinion is best long term because you will have to know how to get out of a situation, with a powerful FC you don';t have to so many people don';t - big mistake, if the FC decides not to play ball they';re stuffed.
If you pm me we can get something sorted wrt to your FC.

james111

So im getting about 6 to 7 min flight battery gets to about 9.6v then it falls out the sky so ive set my voltage alarm to 10.2v so i get about 30sec to land is this safe for battery 

guest325

You don';t want to get your battery any lower than about 25%, that';s about 11.3V, any lower and you';re risking a dead battery. Most of the time mine do about 5-6mins of flying and come back with anything between 11.3 and 11.7V which is about 35% depending on how I fly. I have been flying on Alt hold today doing fast circuits (first time I';ve tried it) and I';ve come back with 11.3 to 11.4V but it was great fun!

james111

Im only using a 3s are you talking 4s

kilby

Well I have been running my 3 cell with the alarm set to trigger at 3.7 which works out at 11.3 when you sum the 3 cells.

Gives me 5 to 7 minutes with a 3k battery
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

guest325

Quote from: james111 on Sunday,September 22, 2013, 19:22:21
Im only using a 3s are you talking 4s
3S, be very careful you are risking your batteries going up in smoke going that low or else they won';t charge, lipos can be quite dangerous if you';re not careful with them, it';s common for them to go up in smoke when abused, normally when you are charging them. I would advise you to get one of these:
http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/123126/
Takes the guessing out of it!

james111

So I have a 2200mah 11.1v battery but carnt let it get below 11.3v I no im new to this and not saying your wrong because i have read it lots now but even I think thats silly can some one put me right because im confused and I just saw avideo of a battery after it exploded while on charge and i dont wan to charge mine now I let them get so low also I charged them ful and left them about 3 weeks they were new out the packet never been used help

guest325

Quote from: james111 on Monday,September 23, 2013, 00:06:41
So I have a 2200mah 11.1v battery but carnt let it get below 11.3v I no im new to this and not saying your wrong because i have read it lots now but even I think thats silly can some one put me right because im confused and I just saw avideo of a battery after it exploded while on charge and i dont wan to charge mine now I let them get so low also I charged them ful and left them about 3 weeks they were new out the packet never been used help
Have a good read through this, it is a very good guide to looking after your batteries:
http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1050.0

james111

So I did some tests today after 8min flight just hovering at no more than 10ft I had 11.4v left I no im not pushing the battery hard at all so I guess if I was 6min flight would be about right ive set the battery alarm at 10.5v I got close to 12min before it went off so I think 10min doing what im doing would be fine or should I stick to 8min  what u think

guest325

A finishing voltage of 11.3 is the minimum you should aim for any less and battery life will suffer, by sticking to this I have got some batteries that are 3 years old and still going strong, mistreated they could last as little as a few months; depends how often you want to replace your batteries I suppose and how much you want to risk them going up in smoke!

james111

Ill stick to 6min flights I have 5 battery so thats half hour actual flight time I have some footage of it flying just trying to get it on youtube never done it befor  I have pm';d you about flashing my kk have you got it

guest325

Good thinking, yes I got your message.