Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 07:41:35

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Tour of Britian

Started by Fettler, Thursday,September 19, 2013, 21:38:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Fettler

Hi all.
The Tour of Britain passes the end of my lane tomorrow and Im considering getting some copter film of it.
Im just considering the legal aspects of it.
Its not a popular place to watch as its not a hill climb or sprint so there shouldn';t be many people at the chosen location so that covers the 1000 assembled crowd. I have got the landowners permission. I have checked the notams as there will probably be a helicopter following. No notams in force but something to consider anyway.
Any thoughts on this?

XamaX

Go for it. In fact I may be in area Vince-give me a shout if you get chance...You got yourself a spotter?

Fettler

Fettler

Well I did it but wish I had gone to a better place. Quite stressful - wires below, helicopter above and not sure when they would arrive.
http://youtu.be/zr3GJkaAyTw

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

XamaX

Nailed with the pan. Definitely worth doing - even just for practising under pressure.  :waiting:

FlyinMarty

I think the vid is great, nice one
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

Smeagol

nice and stable - to my totally inexperienced eye.

I';m sure those cables below added their own stress apart from the "waiting" game.  Well done  ~~

What spec was your flying kit, were you fpv or LOS, be nice to use it for reference.

Fettler

Thanks for that.
It was all FPV (with spotter of course, as the law requires)
This is my kit. All DIY with vibration free motor arms.
http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/mk-ii-h-frame-quad-now-flying

I hung a GP3 from the belly with an RC timer gimbal. I have a video switch so can view GP3 or fixed camera.

Smeagol

:o I wasn';t expecting that picture, assuming that';s CF it must have taken a while forming, and machining of the arm mounts.

I';ll have a better look tomorrow, when I can focus better  :huh

Fettler

The tube clamps are just these
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Four-aircraft-multi-rotor-T-aluminum-Pipe-Clamps-Motor-mount-12mm-Upgrade-parts/1300617044.html
by the way, I didnt pay that. I think I got 20 for about £10

The CF ';fuselage'; was vacuum formed around a foam plug and was quite time consuming. I wanted something with a definite front and back to  help with orientation and its very good for that.
The vibration mounts system is so good I dont know why people are still struggling with trying to mount the flight controller and camera any other way. I have flown with a 1 cm chunk missing from one blade and it didnt cause any problems. 

Gav

Very good, fettler.

I can imagine your stress waiting for them to pop out into view!

Nice one.
Gav