Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 09:49:49

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Yet more bad press ...

Started by dazza22, Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 08:16:57

Previous topic - Next topic

dazza22

yet another crash due to stupidity IMO.
We all should know by now that our hobby can not
afford this kind of press ..
http://www.ara.cat/viacatalana/Via-Catalana-Sagrada-Familia-assistents_3_994130598.html

rickp

Looked like it ran out of juice.... Yes, very stupid - but also noticeable that a number of these incidents seem to be ';pros';...

dazza22

Quote from: rickp on Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 08:32:07
Looked like it ran out of juice.... Yes, very stupid - but also noticeable that a number of these incidents seem to be ';pros';...
yes your wright , Pro,s that should know better .
it a shame the public see';s the worst side of our hobby , and its the press
reporting on incidents they sometimes  cause .

Jake Bullit

Fookin STUPID :o

Flying over a crowd of kids in a built up area :o :o :o

Looked like the battery fell out.

Hope nobody was hurt,looked terrifying for the kids.
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

kilby

You will also have to realise that quad flyers will probably get a bad reputation every time a fixed wing or heli flyer does something stupid too.

As an example, our local council hates skate boarders, but they opened a skatepark after 3 days it was closed because an irresponsible skateboarder injured a kid who was walking on a nearby pavement.

The skate park was literally gone within 8 hours.

In reality:

It was a kid on a motor scooter riding on the pavement that ran over a 8 year old kid, and the council had been waiting for any excuse. The workmen had been told that the skatepark would only be open for a few days (and it wold be removed after the first incident)

ATM quads are the equivalent of skateboarders and every flying thing will be a ';drone'; so to be honest even of no serious issue occurs I would expect some sort of anti multirotor action to turn up regardless

All we can do is to try and be good representatives and forge links with the established fixed wing and helicopter community
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

QuadBod

That was  horribly close. Glad no-one was (or appears to have been) seriously hurt.

ChrisH

Quote from: QuadBod on Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 10:49:31
That was  horribly close. Glad no-one was (or appears to have been) seriously hurt.
Agreed, but it was a big multi to land on top of anyone  :o
Does make you wonder what sort of pre flight checks are carried out. :hmm:
If only fliers complied with the CAA (or local) directives there';d be few if any problems  ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Gav

Felt sorry for the kids.  If my son or daughter was the one getting smacked on the head with that multi, I';d ram the multi up the incompetent pilots arse.  Flying over Crowd';s are a big no no IMO.

guest325

Hope it was confiscated and fixed (with a big hammer), whoever was responsible (irresponsible? ) for this should be properly chastised!

Col_M

Quote from: ChrisH on Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 12:30:31
Agreed, but it was a big multi to land on top of anyone  :o
Does make you wonder what sort of pre flight checks are carried out. :hmm:
If only fliers complied with the CAA (or local) directives there';d be few if any problems  ~~
Another issue is that even the "pro" setups use mass produced off the shelf components like motors etc. with little to no manufacturer reliability guarantees or certification.
I really don';t think mutirotors should be flown over people or property commercially unless they go through stringent inspections and have a certificate of airworthiness, including all components meeting approved quality and safety standards.

It';s one thing to have a hobby multirotor using any old bits and bobs in a field for fun but if you';re flying commercially then "people on the internet say Tiger motors are the best" just doesn';t cut it for safety approval if you';re flying over people.
It';ll be more expensive to fly them commercially for sure but it';ll still be a bucket load cheaper than a helicopter.
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

ChrisH

Quote from: Col_M on Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 14:44:28
...just doesn';t cut it for safety approval if you';re flying over people.
Question for those who would know: If you have a BNUC-2 or the other CAA approved certification, does this exempt you from the standard CAA regs - 150m from people/objects not in your control?
:hmm:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

SimonS

I would guess that someone only connected/remembered to charge one of the two Lipos. It came down level so it was not an ESC fail.

The same limits apply to commercial ops (it';s 50m not 150) but I believe that they can apply to vary the distance.

QuadBod

This was Spain though, so who knows what, if any controls are in place. (Not that that excuses stupidity)