Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 19:04:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

wont Arm, debug any help ?

Started by Desmoboy, Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 00:23:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Desmoboy

Hi Guys
Is there anything useful i can learn from the debug menu that will indicate why my kk2 1.6 wont come out of safe mode.
If i press the debug line item i dont see anything anyway at the moment so i guess there is a button sequence to get into it.

Fairly certain that its something stupid on my part as a total newbie but i am stuck now.

Receiver test shows that it recognise';s all inputs from the Tx
sensors read values in the 600-700 range
Esc';s have stopped squawking
have reset the receiver and reset the kk2 via factory default

Thanks in anticipation
keith

Desmoboy

So, i have discovered that the debug option has been removed in this version which is a shame.

Still cant get the thing to arm.

Does anyone have any experience of Graupner and KK2 together , i am sure there is a tiny parameter somewhere that is tripping me up.

cgcrute

Quote from: Desmoboy on Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 00:23:33
Receiver test shows that it recognise';s all inputs from the Tx
sensors read values in the 600-700 range

See if it arms with the opposite Yaw to normal, mine needed reversing in the boards settings but that is how I diagnosed it. Once done it looks wrong on the Mission Planner readout but works right when in flight.
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

Desmoboy

Hi
Thanks for the reply but what do you mean?

Do you mean reverse the servo in the Tx

cgcrute

Quote from: Desmoboy on Wednesday,September 18, 2013, 12:31:49
Hi
Thanks for the reply but what do you mean?

Do you mean reverse the servo in the Tx

First try see if it will arm using down and left on the left stick if this is the case then you need to reverse the Yaw. It';s been recommended that this is done in the firmware rather than the transmitter but I couldn';t tell you why they say that.

Unfortunately I don';t know how to do that on Multiwii as I use Megapirate. Try the down and left arming 1st and if that';s the case perhaps someone who knows can chip in?
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

Chami82923

Hi Kieth,

I';ve used the kk2 board, it took me some time to get my controller right, I';ve since sold it on so I';m writing this from memory.

Sounds like you don';t have your transmitter set up quite right.

For a mode 2 controller, the set up of the sticks is left stick f/b is throttle, l/r is rudder (yaw)(bottom left arms, bottom right disarms). Right stick, f/b is pitch, and l/r roll. (Right stick can also be used to activate/de-activate the auto level).

You should be able to check these in the setup menu.
(Took me time to work out which channels needed to be reversed and setup throttle so that bottom was zero and not centre)

Arming can only be done from your rc transmitter, not from the debug menu.

Try the following:
Take your props off (safety first)
Power everything up,
If you have the right setup for the left stick, (may require some tx setup), hold the stick in each of the possible end points, bottom left, middle left, top left, top middle, top right, middle right, bottom right, and bottom centre, each position for a couple of seconds.

Hopefully it should arm in one of the positions, from there you can work out what needs to be swapped.

I';m open to corrections.

Callum

LF 330 with naza & GPS,
Hubsan X4 & Q4
Mini H-quad with naza m lite.
F550 with naza m lite
Diatone Silverline racing 250 (cc3d)

Desmoboy

Thanks all for the replies and as a complete novice you wont be suprised to learn that it was completely my fault.

The debug menu question by the way was not to see if i could arm it from there but to see if there was any diagnostic that would indicate the fault condition the KK2 could detect. Irrelevant as it turns out.

I had assumed that rudder was on the same stick as throttle and therefore my " back and right" was incorrect. As soon as i did this correctly the thing burst into life. With throttle at half when centred it really did burst into life as well !