Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 23:33:27

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

**** big crash due to control failure ****

Started by Cloudbuster, Monday,September 09, 2013, 23:42:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloudbuster

Hi all , well finally crashed my 680 tarot tonight, not to miffed though as it seems it was not pilot error but probably a controller failure of some sort !!! Flight was all good with about 5 mins done on a simple altitude hold flight just stoofing around. The problem started as soon as i switched out of altitude hold when the hex bucked one way then accelerated to the left and power dived straight at the ground probably hitting at an angle of about 25degrees and probably about 40mph, amazingly the only damage was a broken motor shaft one wrecked motor and two trashed props !!! All in all a lucky escape finacially !!! I am convinced it is a control glitch of some kind as a powered dive is just not possible under normal flying parameters as the hex will spend all its life trying to stabalize itself. Any others out there that have had similar please share your expierience.

P.S apm 2.5 controller using ver 3.0

Regards rob
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

optiplex

are u sure that when u switched out of alt hold mode it didnt switch to auto mode maybe or other mode ?
it happens to me some times, im in rtl and than go back to stab but forget the other switch on my tx cause its 2 switches combo so it goes into auto mode and looks like its out of control .... just a thought

dazza22

have you had your multi flying well in the past  i.e Auto,RTL loiter  ?

only ask  because as you probably know in 3.0 you have to have the compass and barometer set up well.

rickp

Or maybe, you know, post the log so we can see what happened...

robshaw

I find that if the pwm values on your tx mixes and flight modes aren';t clearly defined it has a tendancy to dwell around a mode. For example if loiter is mode 1, auto mode 2 and alt hold mode 3. If you switch from alt hold to loiter and your rx is slow switching from the mode 3 pwm to  mode 1 pwm it will go into mode 2 briefly on its way through.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

rickp

Quote from: robshaw on Tuesday,September 10, 2013, 09:07:23
I find that if the pwm values on your tx mixes and flight modes aren';t clearly defined it has a tendancy to dwell around a mode. For example if loiter is mode 1, auto mode 2 and alt hold mode 3. If you switch from alt hold to loiter and your rx is slow switching from the mode 3 pwm to  mode 1 pwm it will go into mode 2 briefly on its way through.

Right - something that we could tell from logs. Or we could keep randomly guessing...
Frustrating....

Cloudbuster

Quote from: rickp on Tuesday,September 10, 2013, 09:45:05
Right - something that we could tell from logs. Or we could keep randomly guessing...
Frustrating....

I have downloaded all logs from the ardupilot but seem to be getting a number of different error messages when trying to display the graph info !!! I am still very new at this and not sure what to look for in the log but i am guessing any spurious reading that is prevelent is a good place to start, being a bit thick i removed the ardupilot and installed it on a 650 quad that was built waiting for a new controller as the KK.2.0 that was on it was useless !!! I have done several motor tests with the new install so i have yet to find the correct log file for the fatal flight... I guess its possible to just upload the log file here when i work out which one it is ....

I have studied the film from the gopro and its obvious that the motors go to full throttle the dive in reverse straight down until impact !!!

Regards rob
life is too short to worry about what others think !!!

[url="//www.skynamite.co.uk"]www.Skynamite.co.uk[/url]

rickp

If you';ve not used the APM in anything else, we want the last .log file. You can download these using the CLI or Mission Planner.