Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 21:37:28

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20
Total: 20

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

RTH. Didn't work

Started by khaled_abobakr, Friday,September 06, 2013, 14:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

khaled_abobakr

:shrug:Hi

I';m heading to the field now ... I want to test a RTH switch ... I';ve programmed a mix in my T8FG super ... to engage fail-safe and so RTH kicks in ...

The newbie question is ...

Do I have to set a certain value for the throttle when in failsafe ... or the Naza handles this by its own ... ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled

Biffa

I think I had mine set at around 50% which is where my rig hovers. The Naza does everything else, the point of setting some throttle is so the ESCs don';t shut down in the few moments fail safe takes to kick in.
Steve

Gav

Yeah keep some throttle in when setting failsafe to avoid brick like return to earth,  but that shouldn';t happen.

Like biffa said 50%.  Think I have mine to 35% or so from memory, but definitely not 0%.

Good luck with flicking rth, it';s a butt clenching moment.  Even more so if you have radio off failsafe set too and switch off the radio completely GULP! 

Make sure to have sat lock before arming and taking off LOL

Gav

flybywire

Quote from: khaled_abobakr on Friday,September 06, 2013, 14:19:48
Hi

I';m heading to the field now ... I want to test a RTH switch ... I';ve programmed a mix in my T8FG super ... to engage fail-safe and so RTH kicks in ...

The newbie question is ...

Do I have to set a certain value for the throttle when in failsafe ... or the Naza handles this by its own ... ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled

Yeah, definitely at least 50%, just nudge it above for belt & braces.  Test it visually in software first, noting if your throttle moves up to where you';ve set it on failsafe, that way you';ll know for def.

Good luck, oh, to be safe, engage it when you';re no more than a foot or so above ground first, if there';s a fault you';ll do little damage!

It';s a great moment/adrenaline rush when it works, you';ll never tire of it.

Blog: [url="http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff"]http://ajwillis303.wix.com/stuff[/url]
The spiritual home of fpv large
Keep it emax, capiche?
Hardware? sure, I got hardware!

Biffa

Indeed, I forgot all the butt clenching involved :crossfingers:
Steve

khaled_abobakr

Thanks a lot ...  I';ll do so and try RTH ... I didn';t have a chance to try it today .. free time was too little ... but I';ve managed to test GPS Atti mode and it was so impressive how it locked the TBS DISCO in place despite it was windy ... I really loved that :)

Thank you very much for your hints ... I really appreciate it

Khaled

khaled_abobakr

Okay ...  I am at the field now and I be tried to engage RTH , but all what it dido is climbing ...   I had to disengage it and regain control

In the assistant software , I made sure that u channel is set to failsafe and throttle is set to 50 % when in fail-safe mode which should trigger RTH

I was about 4 meters high , and about 20 meters away from launch point (home)

I assume the home is recorded automatically , correct?

IOC is disabled

GPS Atti mode works really well, I had no red flashing , so sat lock was good

Any hints are greatly appreciated

Thanks a lot

Khaled

Hands0n

The Naza will climb to 20 metres before starting the return journey. Maybe you didn';t let it perform its full routine

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

khaled_abobakr

Thank you ... you are correct ....

It is working :)

I';m so happy now ... and also so grateful to all of you gents ..really

Khaled :)

peter_a

I did the first few RTH tests in the back garden so I can tell you about the "butt clenching moment"
or in my case total fear when I didn`t read the manual and it climbed what I thought was forever 20 meters and sets the center of the landing point over the house.

In the end I managed the switch off failsafe of the dropped it on the garden dead stick

Give it time !!!!! , 20 meters look a very long way up and it takes it`s time to come down too.

Hands0n

RTH has got to be tested out in an open space. But most importantly, before you even think of doing anything make sure you leave the aircraft for a full three minutes to allow the GPS to lock on.  It will give you much more accuracy with RTH/RTL.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

khaled_abobakr

Thanks a lot

I';ll do that

Khaled