Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 04:17:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Hubsan Prop Guard

Started by Hands0n, Monday,September 02, 2013, 21:44:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Hands0n

I suspect most Hubsan pilots fly indoors like wot I do.  In my case I use it to practise in the late evenings when work gets in the way of doing sensible things like flying multi-rotors  ::)

Anyroadup, I got fed up with smashing my props off each time I came into contact with "house stuff" and so looked around and found this nifty prop guard made by Hubsan and selling for around £5.  Cheap as chips, although relatively a high price against the quad itself  is another way of looking at it.  But it has made a massive difference, no longer am I hunting down escaped props (jeez, those little fellas can sure travel).

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

jwl940

Just ordered one, every crash I have costs more than one of these guards to put right so it';s got to pay for itself almost immediately. I don';t damage the props so much as motor and frames.  Hopefully the frame will give the Hubsan added bounceability.

guest325

TBH when I had my Hubsan I found it quite a challenge to fly well indoors and was always wishing my house was a lot bigger, I don';t have a Hubsan anymore because mode 1';s are as rare as hens teeth and I would rather go outdoors and fly my 450. That said they are a very good little model and will help a great deal to learn to fly and as I found will fly pretty well outdoors in the right conditions.

orfordness

I can get these 3D printed on my step-son;s new makerBot 3D Printer too!
Along with replacement chassis!

http://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=Hubsan&sa=

Steve
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

jwl940

Just fitted one and guess what?  It works!  It bounces off wardrobes, it bounces off walls and no damage at all.  Trigger';s Broom might just have seen the last of the soldering iron.

pheasant_plucker

I have ordered one along with another new body because I broke one of the arms (again) Hopefully it will make it a bit more "door Frame" proof.

Gerry
The man serving me in the canteen said "Look, You can see the face of Jesus in the Margarine" The Asian guy next to me replied "I can't believe it's not Budda"
[url="http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif"]http://www.namfc.co.uk/pictures/fly.gif[/url]

kilby

Pity we can';t print replacement motors for those bloody things
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

jwl940

Replacement motors?  Ebay';s full of them.

jwl940

Disregard my last, I';ve just read what you wrote, not what I thought you wrote.  Slaps forehead on the way to the naughty corner.

Soul

The prop guard is great, but you have to be careful that it doesn';t work upwards in a crash and block the prop. I had that happen and since the prop wouldn';t move when I went to take off again it burnt the motor out :(

cgcrute

My daughter (7) got one of these for Xmas, the trick with indoor flying is to get it up high as wash from walls, sofas, etc plays havoc with it.
ZMR250
Naze32
Micro Titan Motors
SN02a ESCs
Mobius
Runcam Sky (with servo adjustable tilt)

Cheerson CX-10 ;-)

Taranis Transmitter

sagaboy65

Yes, if you have an X4 the prop guard is a very cheap essential. It';s also great fun watching it suck itself to the ceiling without damaging the props. LOL ;)

Royston

These are available from First Person View for I think £1.97 + p&p