Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 22:50:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FPV Camera cutting out - anyone else using a TBS core?

Started by icedfusion, Friday,August 30, 2013, 16:45:22

Previous topic - Next topic

icedfusion

I have a TBS with a TBS core and I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue:

When I am FPV';ing, the camera will cut out, almost as though it looses power. I have changed the camera/tx/antennas and so am wondering if it is my TBS core which is causing this.

Does anyone else use a TBS core and experience this?
I think I will have to bypass this TBS core and just connect the camera/vTx straight to my 3s to see if this fixes it! Man what a pain, just as I have ordered my AAT (MyFlyDream) for long distance flying!

ice.

bunnygirl80

Hi,

I';m using a TBS with the core and I';ve experienced similar problems when you';re taking too much power from the core. I use a 4S battery as the main power, and I have the core configured to output 12v for the video camera and 12v for the video tx. Are you sure you';ve selected the correct power voltage for your camera. You can configure the core to output either 5v or 12v. You should check this! When I connected my gimbal controller which also needed 12v to the core, everything starting shutting down and displaying problems as I later found the controller was taking too much power from the TBS. So, I would check your core output and also test with a seperate battery.

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

SimonS

check the power consumption of your Vtx as it might be this that is the problem

icedfusion

Thanks for the replies.

I have definitely set it up for 12v for camera and 12v for the vTx. I was unaware that the TBS core would suffer from too much current draw, I should check the specs of it.

I tried it today with just a battery and everything is fine, so it is defo the TBS core. Also, I am running on 3S not 4S so this could  also be another cause.

just reading the specs of the TBS core: States it can work 2S-10S and can supply 1W of power.

I know the vTx outputs 600mw but I don';t know what its consumption is - I doubt the camera takes a great deal of power - but it seems a bit poor that it can';t power, what I suspect is the most popular vTx and camera combo!

I will have to try some different power configurations!

ice.

eyeflying

TBS say that the Core cannot power 600mw video Tx reliably - they recommend a max of 250mw wired directly into the Core. You should run your Tx direct from the power output pads on the Discovery';s frame. If you';re using EzUHF Tx then this can handle a 3s or 4s battery so you don';t need the regulated supply.

The cutting out problem usually occurs when the 600mw Tx gets warm too

SimonS

Quote from: eyeflying on Sunday,September 01, 2013, 20:36:36
TBS say that the Core cannot power 600mw video Tx reliably - they recommend a max of 250mw wired directly into the Core. You should run your Tx direct from the power output pads on the Discovery';s frame. If you';re using EzUHF Tx then this can handle a 3s or 4s battery so you don';t need the regulated supply.

The cutting out problem usually occurs when the 600mw Tx gets warm too

Those limits are for the core that is built into the Discovery Pro.  The core for the Standard Discovery, Caprithingamebob etc will do 600mA at 12v or 2A at 5v.  600mA at 12v is 7.2W. The ImmersionRC 600mW vTx consumes 3W.

bunnygirl80

I';ve been running my TBS quite successfully for over six months with 12v 600mw VTX and 12v camera. The problem as I see it is that the TBS core will only regulate the power, i.e. bring it down to 12v, but a 3S pack can quite often drop way below 12v, hence the drop out. If you try a 4S, obviously making sure all your components are okay, I';m sure you';ll be fine!
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]