Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 09:45:30

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

KK2 broken, time to upgrade?

Started by anap40, Wednesday,August 28, 2013, 21:57:13

Previous topic - Next topic

anap40

I finished up my first ever RC build about 3 weeks ago and had it flying pretty good, but unfortunately had a bad crash into a tree then onto concrete from about 30 ft and the quad never quite felw right after that. After the crash it seemed to stutter constantly or oscillate and I had two times where it just randomly crashed like a motor had cut out. Today it started spinning while I was hovering and I couldnt correct it with the rudder. Now the KK2 board says the Z gyro is "NOT OK"

Here is what I have:
dt700 motors
10x4.5 gem fan props
30A turnigy Plush ESCs
F450 clone frame
3300mah nanotech
Hobbyking 5 channel transmitter/receiver
GoPro Hero3

ReadymadeRC 300mw 1.3gh video tx/rx +lowpass filter (haven';t used yet)

So I need a new flight controller, I want something that I can use for aerial photography and FPV, I don';t really care too much about aerobatics - I would rather have stable and slow.

1. Will a NAZA lite be much better than a KK2?
2. Will a NAZA lite without GPS be better than a KK2?
3. Do you know anything about NAZA like controllers such as the optimus (http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/optimus-flight-controller.html)
4. Is anything in my setup really lacking that should be upgraded (I have about $175 of parts, does it make sense to put a $209 NAZA lite + GPS on it?)

Thanks for you help

Hands0n

If you are simply looking to replace the KK2 with another FC, and you want for FPV,  then I would suggest the Naza M Lite for a budget entry level Naza that pretty much works out of the box (with a little initial set up). 

But if you are going to buy Naza M Lite then get the one with the GPS as that really makes it what it is.  Although DJI';s most basic model it does an awful lot in terms of stable flying for video work.  If you buy without the GPS it will be quite expensive to add a GPS later when you find you want one!

In terms of your closing question - it all rather depends on whether or not the remaining bits of your crashed quad are of any of any use. 

I do worry about your 5-channel TX/RX - you';ll need a 3-position switch or a means of emulating with two or more switches on your TX. Otherwise you will be unlikely to be able to use the Naza (or any similarly sophisticated FC) features.

You may be facing a total refresh.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Biffa

The Naza Lite combined with the GPS is a completely different beast all together.

Well worth the investment, especially for an FPV rig.
Steve

Gav

Naza lite with gps for fpv and amateur  even professional AV will do everything you want.  Just buy it.  No faff just fly.

Hands0n

Naza M Lite compared to the APM 2.5 is like the iPhone to an Android.  The former "simply works" which is a joy.  If you';re into hacking and fiddling then the APM but that is a whole different animal, as I have come to learn by practical experience.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

guest325

Quote from: Hands0n on Thursday,August 29, 2013, 17:16:33
Naza M Lite compared to the APM 2.5 is like the iPhone to an Android.  The former "simply works" which is a joy.  If you';re into hacking and fiddling then the APM but that is a whole different animal, as I have come to learn by practical experience.
IPhone compared to Android??? That';s  not a fair comparison - each to their own but I don';t think IPhones simply work and Android need to be hacked about to work, I';ve had both and prefer Android because it';s so much easier to do file transfers and doesn';t mind if you do it in Windoze or Linux, which you can';t say about IPhone os!
I think both flight controllers are good just the APM isn';t plug and play and the Naza is nearly.

Hands0n

:smiley: The comparison is meant in the context of OOTB iPhone pretty much just gets on with it, simplistically.  Android is more "fun" to set up, lots more possible, loads more to do - although perhaps not as complex as the APM can be (which is everything but OOTB imo). 

For the record, I use iPhone, Android and Windows Phone 8 daily (the latter is more of a self-inflicted experiment).  Android pretty much wins it for me every time.  The lead that iPhone had ended with Froyo and has been surpassed with Jelly Bean.

But I digress completely  :laugh:

Back on topic - the Naza worked OOTB for me with the minimal set up that any FC may require. Of all the FCs I';ve used so far it has to have been the absolute simplest.  For FPV the Naza M Lite (I';m too mean to buy the more expensive ones, £150 is my ceiling) is absolutely ideal and will lend itself to a very steady and stable platform for an FPV or non-FPV camera.  In GPS mode it hangs around like it is nailed in the sky.  I';d say that in Manual mode it is more exciting to fly, but there is some element of the FC still having a hand in things. Whilst more agile than in Atti or GPS modes it doesn';t feel like total control is back in your hands.  No less fun to fly in that mode though.
--
Danny