Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,May 01, 2024, 22:53:39

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Members
  • Total Members: 8,196
  • Latest: Skyflix
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 23
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Y6 800 Test flight

Started by steve fh, Monday,August 26, 2013, 11:50:10

Previous topic - Next topic

steve fh

Well after a frustrating day yesterday after a school boy error with ESC labeling it has taken to the air.

Y6 steady gps hover

Y6 1st Free flight
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

[url="//www.capturedmotion.co.uk"]www.capturedmotion.co.uk[/url]

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

robshaw

Where is the frame from? What flight controller are you using?....just putting my next shopping list together....
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

guest325

That is superb, looks very stable and looks very manoeuvrable should be an excellent camera platform!

steve fh

Quote from: robshaw on Monday,August 26, 2013, 11:56:30
Where is the frame from? What flight controller are you using?....just putting my next shopping list together....

The frame is GF board from Ebay and Ally Square tube from B&Q nuts and bolts from ebay (about £30 all in)

Motors are Tiger MT2814-10 with Xaor 11x5 pros

FC is Naza M V1 and GPS with V2 firmware

some build pics here  http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=3843.msg32937;topicseen#new
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

steve fh

I';ve flown out another pair of Lipo';s this evening 2x4000mah in series and I';m very happy with it. That gives a TOW of 2.9kg and if flew 13min until first level warning kicked in on the Naza (14.8v)

I';ve not messed with the Naza gains too much as there are more bits on the way (quadframe landing legs and a brushless gimbal) so I';ll fine tune once it';s to final spec. However for now it';s on my "smooth flight settings" as used on the quad.  80% on pitch, roll and alt with the atti gains at 170%

PS if anyone tries these Naza settings don';t fly in manual as the low main gains make it way to un responsive with ati off.

Many of the RC forums talk about poor yaw control on Y6. Other than my esc wiring issue the yaw is rock solid with no yaw on full throttle climb.
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

Biffa

Steve

steve fh

Tweaked the main gains to 100% on roll and pitch last night and dropped the yaw gain to 80% and it';s now super smooth to fly.

The 215mm landing legs have just arrived from Quadframe.com so that';s this evenings project sorted out.

Impressed with the service from quadframe.com  5 days from order to delivery including the bank holiday weekend

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

steve fh

The new legs went together perfectly and give loads of clearance.

BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

JAB1a

That Y6 is a beast!  ::) very nice and stable in those video';s, will you be using this for FPV or just a LOS camera rig?

steve fh

Quote from: JAB1a on Friday,August 30, 2013, 16:40:30
That Y6 is a beast!  ::) very nice and stable in those video';s, will you be using this for FPV or just a LOS camera rig?

The aim is to get a stable platform for photography and video in typical UK weather with a bit of redundancy thay was easy to transport. I went self build on the frame as i wanted to mess with different sizes but it seems good as it is.

Plan to re build the Spider frame as a stripped down FPV machine

You must be my way as you fly on Dartmoor a fair bit ?
BNUC-S Pilot with PFAW.

JAB1a

Hi Steve, yep I live near Plymouth, where abouts are you?