Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 19:02:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Associate/s Wanted for Software Development of Collision Avoidance Project (C.A

Started by mikestone, Friday,August 23, 2013, 10:12:42

Previous topic - Next topic

mikestone

[b]Collision Avoidance Project (C.A.P.)[/b]

I am looking to associate with an individual or a small group (2-3), preferably in the UK  or Europe (Time Zones can a problem sometimes).

However I would not rule anyone out due to where they live.

The aim of the project is to implement a Collision Avoidance System for APM 2.5 ArduCopter.

Arduplane and APMrover2 would be addressed in due course if considered suitable.

All work would be carried out under the terms of the open source licence where  you are obligated to make work public so the whole community will benefit.
(See - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/) Not necessarily complete but you get the idea

As you may have seen I have posted a few times recently about Collision Avoidance  as I consider this to be an important addition to the capabilities of Arducopter.

This would have an impact on Safety Issues and Avoidance of damage to Drones amongst others things.

What is needed from the volunteers is the Capability to develop and refine the necessary code for "Arducopter" as an addition to Version  3.0.1.

Please will only People who can Demonstrate their skill in Writing Code for the ATMega2560 Processor and have some Spare Time available Apply.

My background is in Electronic Design & Engineering and I will be undertaking Hardware developments that become necessary during the course of the project.

So Far -

1/ I have found a unit that uses a processor, a camera, and a Laser Diode to create a low-cost laser range finder.

With the right Code and some Hardware Modifications this will make Collision Avoidance a reality

2/All engineering details of the unit have been released as an open source under a Creative Commons license.

3/ Documentation is available on the Module  -

Technical Manual
    Schematic
    Bill-of-Materials
    Gerber Files
    PCB Layout
    Assembly Drawing
    Test Procedure
    Viewer Program with source code
    PCB Gerber Files and dimensioned Drawings
    Schematic file

And I have a collection of a further 60+ files with additional information that is relevant to the Project.

4/ I have assessed the hardware and have a "First Fit" on integration to make it more usable and  improve it.

I look forward to hearing from anyone who is up for an iinteresting challenge.

Mike Stone
Bristol
UK