Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 04:55:35

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Do I need a separate transmitter for vid cam, or can I use the 3DR unit?

Started by charosenz, Thursday,August 22, 2013, 07:52:46

Previous topic - Next topic

charosenz

I have a Crius V2 with MPNG 2.8_r3 and a RC Timer OSD Mavlink and a 3DR telemetry with a CN06 GPS.    I am getting some data on my HUD in MP from the direct user settings you get with a right click on the HUD screen.  But it does not look like the Miniimum OSD data is being brought over.   I also am not getting my camera feed.   I am not sure if I can tap it in to the 3DR unit or if I need a completely separate video transmitter and reciever dedicated just to this.      Can somone please look at my screen shot and tell me if you think any of the data is from the OSD or is it just directly from the Crus via the 3DR....

Thanks.

teslahed

The 3dr units don';t transmit video data. They transmit ';mavlink'; data from the various sensors on the flight controller itself. You';ll get similar info displayed on a headup display if you use something like the MinimOSD once you do have your video setup properly.

You will need a separate transmitter for that;

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1738.0

(minimal FPV guide there may help)
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

charosenz

Thank you.

I have my 3DR working great, on Mission Planner, but I actually was hoping, and trying to get the Minimum OSD extra values brought over and displayed in the MP HUD.  So far no luck.

I will check out that link you provided.

The odd part is that I have the video system working great, independent of the OSD.  and it even has some OSD values in it, but they are not the same as i set up in OSD either in panel 1 or panel 2. 

When I plug in the video receiver to my laptop, via USB, it comes up in DEVICES just fine, there is no com port.  So OSD will not run, because there is no com port to send the data.  The 3DR uses up the Com port 7, which is the only com port the OSD sees, and it has a conflict because the MP has it tied up.   I know they work together, with both receiving the data, and just don';t know why the OSD chokes when the 3DR is running with MP.   

I will post some of the screen shots.  I know I am not explaining this too well.[attach=1]

charosenz

I was able to fix most of these issues, but oddly enough, the values that show up on my OSD are totally different than what is set up in the CT for OSD - both panel 1 and panel 2 look nothing like what actually gets displayed.      Both are NTSC and set up just fine but something sure is wrong.   I have save different .osd files, but they come the same.