Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 14:32:35

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 28
Total: 28

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Gopro Hero 3 Black parts available anywhere?

Started by Toledodave, Wednesday,August 21, 2013, 22:01:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledodave

So after a not so easy landing I learned I broke a plastic tooth in the tilt gimbal servo and also broke the Mini Usb port off the board. To be honest it would have hit harder if I just dropped the thing. Anyone know if parts are avail for the gopro by chance?

DT

Ouch, I feel your pain. Someone who';s very good a soldering fiddly little bits should be able to get that back on and it may even work. You could try an electronics repair shop, someone who repairs TV';s or computers might be a good start. Good luck.

teslahed

In the mean while you could try using the camera as it is and then use a usb memory card reader to read the video files off it instead of using the USB connector. I do this anyway half the time because i find i get 3 x the transfer rate if i do. If it really is only the USB that';s broken this might work.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

SimonS

Check that it has only come unsoldered from the board and has not torn away any tracks.  If the connector itself is damaged you can replace it for less than $1.  Here is one source:-

http://www.newark.com/mill-max/896-43-005-00-100001/mini-usb-type-a-connector-receptacle/dp/63R1012

powerlord

Also should be covered on your home insurance if u have accidental damage cover.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

Toledodave

Yeah I was thinking of keeping it. I called gopro last night I didnt pull no b/s with them and was honest.  A gopro rep told me to send copy of sale and serial number and they would let me send that one back and purchase a new one for 40% off. My question for them now is...if thats 40% of retail price ($400.00 u.s) or a sale price. So if retail then for 50 more I can keep mine and purchase a new one. The broken one does work I just wont be able to fpv and charge the batterys while in the unit. So I sent the info to them and waiting to see what the cost is.  Us housing did indeed tear from the board and I dont think I have steady enough hands to solder it back it I had to. I dont think repairing the board is an option. Only to use as is or replace. Unfortunately I have every avail optional hardware for the camera too. Lol figures.

SimonS

If you are not covered on your home insurance then I would be inclined to keep this one and buy another.  You will then have a source of spares, the most important of which is the Lens.  There are expensive to replace and like gold dust to try and find.

Cozp83

if you decide to get rid dude, id take it off ya. Been after a damaged gopro for a while;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

FragglePete

Could try one of those mobile phone repair stalls that seem to populate the high street and various markets.  I had a damaged USB slot on my mobile phone that they offered to repair for about £40.

Pete

Toledodave

Thanks for the offers and suggestions. It does still work just cant use the mini usb is all. Still waiting to hear from gopro on the cost and see where it goes. I will post my findings as soon as I hear from them. As for parts the only option is to buy a broken one. Boards and such arent avail atm.

Cozp83

or you could wire a usb cable directly to the board. then use a glue gun to mechanically reinforce it. that way it';ll never break again;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

Toledodave

Quote from: Cozp83 on Friday,August 23, 2013, 12:46:47
or you could wire a usb cable directly to the board. then use a glue gun to mechanically reinforce it. that way it';ll never break again;)

Lol I wish I was that smart lol   that was my original plan but after opening it up and  seeing how many little tiny prongs were on the usb hub I figuerd I had better chances putting socks on a chicken! Lol I didnt look and trace where the wires could go though. Maybe that is a option to hard wire it to the board.