Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 11:15:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

how to set up FrSky X8R

Started by mogwai101, Wednesday,August 21, 2013, 16:06:24

Previous topic - Next topic

mogwai101

I think I have successfully wired up the DHT conversion for my Futaba T6EXA and went to test it with my new X8R and some hitec servos.....but find I have no idea how to proceed.
Where do I connect the power supply?  What voltage should it be?  Which channels correspond to which control on the Tx? (or how do I set this relationship).
Advice much appreciated.

SimonS

All of that info is in the instruction sheet that should have come with the receiver.  If you don';t have it you can download it from http://www.frsky-rc.com/download/files/specification/en/X8R.pdf

mogwai101

Thanks for the response.
The data sheet did arrive with the product and my searches led me to the pdf you referenced.........but I am still in difficulty.
What should I plug into the smart port?  What is a smart port (the description on the data sheet did not help me)? What is SBUS?  What should I plug into it? What does it do?  I have been able to find what RSSI means but what do I connect to the RSSI port?  Where do I connect a battery?  What voltage should it be (is it a min of 4v and max 10v)?

A schematic showing the various components would help to understand how to use it.  Where can I find some answers that do not assume I have a lot of previous experience in using the kit?
Tks

SimonS

Thanks for the response.
The data sheet did arrive with the product and my searches led me to the pdf you referenced.........but I am still in difficulty.
What should I plug into the smart port?  Nothing.

What is a smart port (the description on the data sheet did not help me)? At this stage, because this is such a new product, you probably know as much as the rest of us. I would hazard a guess that it will be used to link to telemetry hubs and also to a second receiver to enable 16channels to be used with the Taranis but we will need to wait and see.
What is SBUS?  http://www.futaba-rc.com/sbus/

What should I plug into it? That depends on what other equipment you have. If you are only going to connect servos then ignore it.
What does it do? Links to the servos using only one cable.
I have been able to find what RSSI means but what do I connect to the RSSI port? The RSSI port will connect to your OSD to display signal strength in your goggles.
Where do I connect a battery? Any unused channel from 1 - 8.  Make sure you connect it the correct way round as in the symbol on the Rx
What voltage should it be (is it a min of 4v and max 10v)? Thats what the instructions say but you also need to stay within the allowed voltage for your servos, flight controller etc

A schematic showing the various components would help to understand how to use it.  Where can I find some answers that do not assume I have a lot of previous experience in using the kit? So far you have only mentioned the Rx, a battery and some servos.  What else are you wanting to connect? Page 8 of this manual will show you how it would be connected with a Naza: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/naza-m%20lite/en/NAZA-M%20LITE_User_Manual_v1.00_en.pdf

mogwai101

Many thanks for the informative answer.
I will digest it.
My immediate need is just to connect up a few servos to test if the installation of the DHT DIY kit is working.  I have not actually thought of using it in flight yet.
C

mogwai101

I think I am getting closer....but not there yet.
I tried to bind the DHT to the receiver, but fell at the first hurdle.
The DHT instructions say..."Ascertain that the transmitter is in the PPM mode".  How do I do that?  Cant find anything in the Futaba manual (T6exa) that indicates how to do that.  Cant see anything on the case telling me what to do.  Don';t remember any thing inside the case that will help either.
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

SimonS

mogwai101

Thanks Simon.
That means that I have a problem with my DHT installation.
I will have a look and see if I can resolve it.

mogwai101

Success!
but inspite of the instructions of the packet.
After reading of others with similar problems binding with a taranis, I went back to the instructions and followed the line for using TWO X8R receivers and put a jumper across the signal lines of pin 7 and 8 I was able to get a bind.

The instruction manual from the FrSky site has been revised form that shipped and is clear.  Copy below for those haveing difficulty. 
The instruction "set the X8R in bind mode-see the chart below" was missing in my leaflet , and the chart below was labelled "When combining two X8|R to become a 16ch receiver, you need to disable the telemetry on either one or the other of the two X8Rs.  Refer to the charts below for details."

I had rewired it twice inside the case of the Tx thinking it may have been my connections.