Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 12:27:42

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Fortis Airframes TitanTricopter

Started by pilkinn, Monday,August 19, 2013, 13:22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

pilkinn

I';ve been looking at the Titan tricopter frame. It has a moving yaw assembly at the rear where a servo angles the motor to aid yaw control. My question is how is the servo and the esc for the motor wired into the flight controller? Does anyone have experience of this frame who can advise?
Cheers.  Neil.
Neil P.
Titan Tricopter ; QAV250 ; BlackOut Spider Hex

pilkinn

Just realised that most if not all tricopters have a tail servo (new to this). Am I right in saying that the 4th output is connected to the tail servo?
Neil P.

Biffa

On the KK2.0 the 4th motor output is used for the servo on a tri copter - other boards may vary ~~
Steve

pilkinn

Great. I was thinking of using a KK2 controller.
Neil P.

AKA Biggles

KK2.0 boards are the biz! Make sure you get yours flashed to the latest firmware, 1.6 is the current latest. There';s stacks of good info re setting up on youtube, my faves are from simplecopter.com. I have built three so far, and am in the process of a fourth while designing a fifth. The KK 2.0 board will take care of all kinds of anomalies and variables in your build, but you may wind up with a pig if you have the motors mounted at strange angles like I managed, although it will still fly. Build it true and you will be pleasantly surprised.. Happy flying ! ~~
Taranis, Dx8, Boscam DJI 550Hex clone, 2X KK2.0 Tri's, 2X 450 Align clones, Blade Nano, Scale 450 Hughes 500, MX2, SE5a, Mini Racer (Slope), and a shed full of other stuff in progress. No time to play enough !

pilkinn

Thanks everyone. KK2 board will be on its way to me soon.!
Neil P.

Charlieczech

Hi Pilkinn,
bit late reply, but I just finished building the Titan two days ago. Right now I';m waiting for good weather to test it out. I';m totally new to this, but I can share my mistakes if you like.

jp3105

I just built a Titan , very pleased with the kit as a whole , but absolutely hated the wiring ( why are Tricopter main frames so small??? ).

Anyway , maidened it tonight , just hovering - all seems ok except the tail servo. Its very very twitchy , not jittering. e.g. If I input some yaw , its very smooth to start with but the the servo seems to jerk and I get a ton of unwanted yaw one way or the other.

I';m using a HS82MG , multiwii 328P FC ( with servo refresh set to 50hz ) and an openlrs ( HK one ) rx using PPM to the FC.

When setting it up initially I immediately noticed that the yaw servo was "rough" i.e. not smooth in its action. If I throw a spectrum rx on there though , the yaw servo is smooth as cream.

Any ideas what could be happening here?  I could just throw a KK board on there and be done with it , but I really want to try the multiwii for a bit.

Incidentally , anyone trying Zach';s multiwii settings from the fortis website - beware! They are unbelievably fast , guess he really likes aerobatic flying :-)

jp3105

Think i solved it...

Started lowering the yaw "I" till the twitchiness went away - I';m now running p=6.8 , I=0 and it flys great now , just how I like the yaw.

Got a lot to learn on the Multiwii.  No I have a problem though using Multiwiiconf ( on a MAC ) - randomly all the settings will change and i have to set it up again. Maybe a faulty board I don';t know.

pilkinn

Well its been a long time but finally got one.  Using KK2.1.5 with 1.6fw. Flies very well with self level engaged using default pids. Glad I  got the clear cover as it allows me to see the lcd screen of the KK without having to take the cover off. Had one fpv flight which was a bit of a disaster as I got totally confused and lost it temporarily. Using cable ties for everything is a brilliant idea as otherwise would have broken several landing skids by now.
Neil P.

Soul

Might want to look at updating to the Steveis FW for the KK2.1. I seem to remember reading that the 1.6 that came with them wasn';t that great (especially for auto-level). I';ve updated mine and it comes with more features and was very stable.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2144803

pilkinn

Hi Soul. Yes it is the Steveis version I';m using, not the standard 1.6. I';ve noticed there';s a Steveis v1.7 now as well although I';ll stick with the v1.6 for now.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Neil P.

Soul