Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 17:00:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 16
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Crius CN-06 GPS : BROKEN : How can I fix?

Started by bunnygirl80, Sunday,August 18, 2013, 18:40:59

Previous topic - Next topic

bunnygirl80

Can anyone recommend or help with fixing my broken Crius CN-06 GPS. I was taking it off the sticky mount the other day and the sticky mount was a bit too sticky and ripped the small battery off the circuit board. You can see the little battery and the two connectors and where they should go on the board, but I';m not sure how to reattach. Any help would be great! Thanks.
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

Rammylad

Smeagol

Looks like you may have stripped the copper clad pads  :-/, you may have to follow the tracks and solder to different positions.

bunnygirl80

Unfortunately, the pads go through to the other side and the main GPS module is soldered direct to the board. So, I don';t think there is anything i can do! Sad day!  :(
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

rickp

May well still work, but be cold-starting every time. Worth a try...

Gav

I dont mind having a look to re attach for you.  Have done many a pcb repair.  Just let me know.  If you';ve written it off already then if it is feasible to repair it will be a bonus.
Cheers
Gav

yurik_ryba

Ripped mine off absolutely the same way :)
Works fine without battery, just have to wait a little longer every time. After updating GPS with config file it gets 3D fix under a minute anyway so I would say it';s not a big deal.

KK1W

2" heat shrink is a good addition to these GPS units. It will prevent it from happening again (if you get it fixed) or on its replacement. It won';t affect the antenna at all either, no worries there.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

al-xg

This happened to one of my CN-06s, as I had an other one it was easy to work out which bits I could solder jumper wire to.

I';ll have a look at it when I get back and take some pictures highlighting which components to tap on to.

Hands0n

Quote from: KK1W on Wednesday,August 21, 2013, 01:39:03
2" heat shrink is a good addition to these GPS units. It will prevent it from happening again (if you get it fixed) or on its replacement. It won';t affect the antenna at all either, no worries there.

Jim

Yeah, I';ll second that.   I';ve had a couple of GPS units turn up "loose" or unprotected - to which I apply a couple of CMs of large heat shrink and that gives it a nice tough protective skin.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Gav

Bit of steady hand De soldering,  craft knife scraping then resoldering and the little 1.5v batt is now reattached.   Had to take off the little surface mount 1k resistor to see where the battery track went and be sure I was re attaching the battery correctly. Then scrape a little of the green coating off the copper track to bridge a little bit of solder to.  Anyway not as bad as I thought although I did hold my breath soldering it with a fine nib.  I don';t have my cirus aiop flight controller setup to test it, so will plop back in a jiffy bag and return for you to try.  I';m sure it will be fine.
Kind regards
Gav

bunnygirl80

Hi Gav,

Oh! Super, Big hug, Thanks! xx. It';s working a treat, you';re a star!  ::) ::) ::)

I shall now put a little heat shrink to protect it.

Stef