Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 12:31:18

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Do not fly your multi over a crowd

Started by Gav, Sunday,August 25, 2013, 14:13:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav

Calomile

This highlights why it is COMPLETELY illegal here in the UK to fly that close to crowds - for good reason. I just hope that nobody was seriously injured.
I reverse polarities for fun.

Hands0n

A bit chilling to watch! That will feed into the legislation arguments.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Ross

Showing off is not smart. If it happened here (UK) it would ALSO  wind up in a Civil Court action that could cost the flier thousands if not hundreds of thousands depending on injuries recvd  and it does not have to be a  crowd..just one lone person accidently being hit will do it...........so beware. 

Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

dean19794

Bit worried about making to stronger comment just in case he is a member of the forum. 

The size of that bad boy it would of worse than just a cut to the head!!

Col_M

Crazy! The problem with multis is no matter how much you spend or how good a pilot you think you are they have a tendency to fall out of the sky, it';s better if they aren';t flown over people or crowds full stop.
TBS Discovery : DRQ-250 : Q450 : Blade mQX

guest325

Quote from: dean19794 on Sunday,August 25, 2013, 16:42:49
Bit worried about making to stronger comment just in case he is a member of the forum.
I';m not, that is the epitome of what gets our hobby a bad name and no doubt would be sensationalised by any media getting their hands on it - whoever it is they should be ashamed of themselves for doing such a stupid thing!
On occasion I have been flying in what might be considered an unsuitable place I make sure I have a spotter and that no one is in my flight path, under no circumstances would I put any third party in danger for the sake of flying my toys!

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

rsmith21

:angry: What kind of idiot would fly like that, I hope he\she never got it back.
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

dazza22

it makes me wonder what flight control system was  used . and how well its was set up for fail safe etc...

and flying over people in such a way makes me feel he/she as not a lot of flight time or
more importantly knowledge of his/her machine

Hands0n

It looks like a Naza to me - there is something akin to the GPS/Compass remote on the multi-rotor.  The way it dropped out of the sky looks like either a single motor or the entire power went, my money is on the latter. 

The fail safe on those is to auto-land, not a terribly great idea on top of a crowd.  You can set RTL but that is on a switch, not an automatic reaction to battery low or signal lost.

I wonder if there will be a follow up news story to this one.  Intrigued now.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

dazza22

I have flown several different controllers and found Naza fail safe really good as long as you set the voltage to an high-ish limit .

I agree it look like a power drop off ,so before flying out of a testing area we all should have a good idea of flight time of battery etc .

but that said we should all aware of quickly things can go bad .

amxen

I have been to a firework display this year and some one had a multi and was flying over filming  the crowd a lot. So was this not aloud in the uk

Ross

Quote from: amxen on Sunday,August 25, 2013, 23:51:45
I have been to a firework display this year and some one had a multi and was flying over filming  the crowd a lot. So was this not aloud in the uk

Your last sentence sounds like a question and the answer is NO! it is not allowed. and only someone who is an utter prat would do it.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

amxen

Quote from: Ross on Monday,August 26, 2013, 07:23:36
Your last sentence sounds like a question and the answer is NO! it is not allowed. and only someone who is an utter prat would do it.
This is what I thought and told my Mrs so at the time.. As it was a very professional displays, well it was a competition tbh. I thought they must have had some c
Kind of insurance or something.

guest325

Quote from: amxen on Monday,August 26, 2013, 11:19:25
This is what I thought and told my Mrs so at the time.. As it was a very professional displays, well it was a competition tbh. I thought they must have had some c
Kind of insurance or something.
Have a look at the BMFA rules about this sort of thing, no insurance company would touch it - try doing a risk assessment this would tell you why!!!
http://www.hse.gov.uk/risk/casestudies/

kilby

Can';t help wondering of police forces are supposed to pay any attention to the CAA rules, considering some of the locations they are flown in (football grounds for example)
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

guest325

Quote from: kilby on Monday,August 26, 2013, 21:49:25
Can';t help wondering of police forces are supposed to pay any attention to the CAA rules, considering some of the locations they are flown in (football grounds for example)
Yeh, plod probably have special dispensations!!!

kilby

Quote from: DarrellW on Monday,August 26, 2013, 21:52:16
Yeh, plod probably have special dispensations!!!

Suspect they would ignore any rules anyway

Our local plods spent half a million quid on two drones and still haven';t launched them in the 6 months since they where delivered (one of them mentioned the alleged flyaway that the Irish Army had in Afghanistan, when they neglected to set any way points so the machine headed to the last defined landing point, somewhere near Donegal)
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

Ross

moved by me to FPV and the Law. :rolleyes:
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

Marklincs

ANO 166 and 167 and also read CAP 658 that will explain more about flying near people

also covers those doing film work BNUC pilots etc and also check out CAP 458 and 722

Anyone in the UK over flying people would need a very robust Risk Assessment and CAA Permission which is very unlikely