Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 04:30:51

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 29
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

LONDON meet Flying Location

Started by Cozp83, Saturday,August 17, 2013, 09:08:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozp83

Right guys, trying to arrange a London meet before we lose the good weather!

So far we have walthamstow marshes as a site, any other suggestions? I havent been there for years but use to run nitro trucks and the odd park flyer over there and never had any problems.
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

Hands0n

Sorry but I have no ideas on that score. I';m having enough trouble finding flying sites around here in Kent without having to drive many miles :-)

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 4

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

fruitsalad

nor me..
perhaps we should do a kent area one also..
quite a few kent area flyers..
dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

robshaw

Walthamstow is minutes from me but if it means more attendees I don';t mind driving a bit further afield.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Cozp83

Hmm. This is harder than it looks! Went on a scouting mission yesterday and the best site i think is Alexandra Palace.  There is already interest in flying there on the south east multi rotor flying facebook group. I';ve flown there a few times recently and all has been fine.

orfordness

Quote from: fruitsalad on Saturday,August 17, 2013, 10:17:20
nor me..
perhaps we should do a kent area one also..
quite a few kent area flyers..
I work at a school in Maidstone that might allow us to fly on the fairly big playing fields?
check me157bt
or possibility of a local farmers field in my village http://goo.gl/maps/J2Z9X

Steve
DJI Mavic Pro
Tarot 680 Pro Hex
450 (Flamewheel clone) x 4
Hubsan X4
CS022 Mini Quad

Cozp83

that';d be perfect man, but its a 100 mile roundtrip for me!

Cozp83

robshaw

I think you and me are singing from the same hymn sheet Mr cozp. ;-) But seriously with reason I';m happy to drive and go with the majority.

I guess it also depends on the type of flying you want to do. I posted some footage on here of me flying at High Beach, epping forrest and there where some comments about it saying how this wished they had somewhere so good to fly.

That';s just off J26 of the M25. 

Its got a decent open space on a bit of a hillside with views over London and some wide Forrest paths which is awesome for fpv (or at least it would be if you where any good) unlike me. Lots of unusually shaped dead trees and stuff to keep you interested.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

robshaw

robshaw

Cozp83

i love high beach! are you flying fpv in that video?   

robshaw

Ha. Erm no. I will try next time I go. I';m sooo bad at fpv. To be fair tho, when I took that video I had all intentions of giving the fpv a go but my minim OSD was playing up and as a result I couldn';t get any picture on my fat sharks. Didn';t fancy a rewire on the field to bypass the osd so just flew los.
Its a good place tho cos although its in a forest its not too dense and the paths are a decent width. And like I say there';s a cracking hillside for some non forest flight too.

Cozp83

Done, thats where we go. Now we need to work out the when and the who;)

robshaw

OK cool. If its rubbish tho I don';t want to cop for the blame. Haha. I';m no seasoned flyer. What I think is good may not be good for others. :- Anyway, OK, I';m in. Assuming it';ll be a weekend, I';m working next weekend. I would suggest an early start because if the weather is nice it can get quite busy in the car park at the weekend. I work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern so can also do midweek days but obviously I assume that doesn';t suit most.

Cozp83

How does high beach On Sunday 1st sound?

Hands0n

I reckon I';m going to be okay for that.  I just need to check with the domestic management and shift a couple of things round and I should be ok.
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

robshaw

Ahhh. Bugger. Earliest weekend day I can make is Saturday 14th. Earliest Sunday I can make is 22nd sept. Sorry guys. :-

Hands0n

At the moment I can do either of those too  ~~
--
Danny

sausageroll

Theres a big community of RC flyers (planes too) that meet at Alexandra Palace. We could go there?

Id be up for this meetup by the way. As long as im free on the day etc.

Pete.

VinHex

Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

robshaw

I';m at south woodford. On central line. So assuming we do decide on high beach we can drive from there mate. ;-)

Cozp83

lets say the Sunday 22nd then, wouldnt be fair on rob otherwise ~~

e.chipev

I can come as well if it';s 22th.

Cozp83

sunday 22nd september at epping forest it is.
So, whos coming?

Hands0n

Quote from: Cozp83 on Monday,August 19, 2013, 13:05:28
sunday 22nd september at epping forest it is.
So, whos coming?

Barring the arrival of the four horsemen of the apocalypse ... me  ~~ I intend being there  :smiley:
--
Danny

VinHex

Vin,

HEXACRAFTER HC650, DJI WKM, DJI DataLink 2.4Ghz, 4S DesirePower 6200, Aeroxcraft Landing Gear, Xaor 12x6 Pre-Balanced-Props, Spektrum DX8, AR8000 Receiver
TM1000, Fatshark Attitude SD, Sony Exview Had II CCD 650 Line Sony Effio-E, DJI iOSD, Hexacrafter Brushless Gimable Fat-S Spironet Antenna

Cozp83

So Far we have

VinHex
e.chipev
Robshaw
HandsOn
Sausagroll

robshaw

Coolio! Better get practicing. Look forward to it guys.

Cozp83

me too. gonna have to get a rack on the motorbike, to carry everything!