Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 10:16:29

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 21
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

TBS Discovery

Started by mutley2, Thursday,August 15, 2013, 22:09:13

Previous topic - Next topic

mutley2

Hey guys, just about to pull the pin and start ordering parts for my first multi-copter (Team Black Sheep Discovery ARTF FPV) from Quadcopters.co.uk and wondered if there were any other good/cheap sites to order parts from or feed-back on this site. I was going to start by ordering the Discovery ARTF,DJI Naza M V2 GPS and props. Was going to leave the FPV side till next month, any views or comments on this site or my FPV would be welcome.

dockman

That';s a fair amount to spend on your first multicopter.  Depending on your flying experience I might suggest going with something a tad cheaper to get used to flying a multi first so you are not crashing an expensive piece of kit.  I would def want to get proficient flying los before going fpv.

There are a number of sites that parts can be ordered from, Hobbyking being one of the main ones.  Myself I have also ordered from Giantshark, Robotbirds, and Modelaccessories.co.uk
I fly stuff

mutley2

Hey dockman, that the idea of leaving the FPV for a month or so, so I could convert from heli';s to multicopter, well that was the plan anyway lol. Cheer for the sites, will have a look round and see what they have. 

Gaza07

If you have flown helicopters you will take to multi rotors like a duck to water and the Naza does half the job for you anyway  ~~  :beer2:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Friskle

Agree with the above, if flown Helis, then imho, its a simple cross over, and as said, the Naza does half of it for you, i see no issues at all if coming from a flying background.
Yuneec Q500+
Yuneec Typhoon H
Nano QX2
Nano QX3D
Blade 180QX
Blade 200QX
DJI 450 frame + Naza M V2 = GPS
ZMR 250
250 Pro - Dys 2300kv motors , Naze32 Acro
300 Folding Frame sporting a Naza Lite + GPS

mutley2

Ordered my TBS Discovery dinner time and cant wait, it';s not even here and I';m thinking of the FPV and 5.8GHz link. Started to draw up a set of antenna';s at work for the 5.8Ghz (its my job to make and final test 2-60GHz range antenna). 

jasoncook

Hi I fly helis and have recently  bought a discovery naza goggle etc etc . They are the easiest thing you will fly, good fun in manual mode but uber stable in sat and atti mode . The set up is fairly easy if your used to FBL systems. Flying my new 1k toy to a dot in the distance is still a bit un-nerving as there are a lot of large wheat field under where I fly and the thought of it going down in one of the would make for a long recovery. I used the TBS core for the on screen display and its very good. If you order off TBS direct and use the fast shipping you will pay import tax as fed ex will collect it and charge you £11 for the privilege but the other shipping methods and self declaration feature on the site helps. The camera side of it all is a bit more tricky different lenses and frequencies plus goggles and vtx units. I got a pixim camera from cams 2000 but have just ordered a sony one from them to give that a try Cheers Jason

mutley2

Cheers for the reply guys, was going to order a Gopro hero 3 black, spoke to Paul at Quadcopters.co.uk and he was saying that the new gopro hero 3 black can record and view at the same time. This would be great for FPV';ing because of the lack of a second camera and the weight that entails, extra flight time and more performance issh. Any views on this or is anyone using this method?
Hey Jason, glad i';m not the only one to get nerves when flying new gear, cant wait to get this beastie up and flying ;-)

jasoncook

Hi Were doing some camera testing when we can get out next we have a lead for a goro black and a security 2000 pixim camera 2.8 and I think 3.6 lenses and I am waiting on a sony cam  with 3 lenses to arrive. My mate who owns the go pro was not impressed with the image it gave via the vtx  but I will have a play and let you know.

mutley2

Cheers, that would be great ;-)

mutley2

Well she had her maiden flight tonight, to be fair it was a total non event, I can see why they are used for FPV flying, they are just so rock solid. Ordered all the FPV gear and it came today but I won';t put the gopro on till I';ve had a real shake down and got a few good flight under my belt, very pleased. Yipppeeeeeeeeeeee ;-) Roll on the weekend...

mutley2

Well just a few short months down the line and the disco has undergone so many changes, I think it';s all down to what you want to do with your quad and it just gets tailored to suit.
My disco is now gimbal-tastic and ready for FPV long range flight tests, had to up the batteries to 4s 5000mAH but still getting 11mins +, roll on tomorrow  :sweating: :sweating:

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.