Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 06:57:07

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

APM 2.5 wont connect (NO heart beat)

Started by pip, Wednesday,August 14, 2013, 10:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

pip

Ok ive just upgraded my Hex from a kk2 board to the HK APM 2.5 with gps and minim osd. All has been working fine up till my first test flight last night to set up the PID';s.
The test flight went really well with virtually no adjustments needed and oh boy the apm is in a different class to the kk2, it was rock solild to my inputs.
so after the flight I plugged the board into my laptop and it will not connect.

I';ve reinstalled the drivers and the mission planner to an earlier version after I thought it was the update last night when i started mission planner and nothing, tried a different usb cable, reset the apm still no heartbeat.

Please can anyone help

PiP
hubsan 4x4, atg 700 hex with hk apm, scratch building folding quad with kk2, walkera super cp, hubsan lynk,QAV250, Quanum Venture FPV QuadCopter, Bixler 2,

Hands0n

When you plug the APM into the PC does the board power up?

I did notice that Peter King uses a LiPo to power the aircraft while he is accessing the APM via USB also. He says that some APM FCs need this as they don';t reliably boot up with just the USB connected.  I';ve not experienced that so far ...

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

rickp

What else do you have connected to the APM? It could be that the current draw is too much for your USB...

pip

hi again found out that it';s the minim osd that';s causing all my problems. I unplugged it from the apm and no connection problems. so just got to find out why its causing issues with the apm.

I did find out how Hobbyking had cut the cost of their board as there seems to be no data loggers, so no checking the state of vibrations getting to the board. It';s a good job that I seem to have no issues with vibration.
hubsan 4x4, atg 700 hex with hk apm, scratch building folding quad with kk2, walkera super cp, hubsan lynk,QAV250, Quanum Venture FPV QuadCopter, Bixler 2,

firey1

I have a hobby king osd  and had no problems
where and how do you have the osd connected

the usb plug shares the UART 0 so if your using the 4 wires of the osd it will cancel out the usb connection

you only need
from board TX/5v/ground to RX/5v/ground on the osd
then you can leave osd connected and also use usb

Mike
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

optiplex

Quote from: pip on Wednesday,August 14, 2013, 16:41:52
I did find out how Hobbyking had cut the cost of their board as there seems to be no data loggers, so no checking the state of vibrations getting to the board. It';s a good job that I seem to have no issues with vibration.

seriously, there is no data flash chip on the board ? when u enter CLI and type "logs", what happens ?

firey1

Dont know where you got your info  Pip but the HK board is an exact copy as per the original specs

• Arduino Compatible
• pre-soldered and tested
• 3-axis gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer and high-performance barometer
Built in 4 MP Dataflash chip for automatic data logging
• Honeywell HMC5883L-TR Digital compass
• Invensense';s 6 DoF Accelerometer/Gyro MPU-6000
• Measurement Specialties MS5611-01BA03 Barometric pressure sensor.
• Atmel ATMEGA2560 and ATMEGA32U-2 (processing and USB function).
• Micro-USB
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

pip

I do get logs activated in cli when I type in enable raw logs and there are logs there to view, but I cant seem to find the raw logs for the accelerometers. Maybe I';m being dumb. its a big leap going from the kk2 to the apm board but Im loving it.
I did read a forum not this one but the HK one I think that someone noticed some of the data loggers are missing so I put 2 and 2 together.
I would love to be proved wrong as i would like to measure the vibrations getting to the board, luckily vibrations are not causing me any problems as my hex is flying like a dream with this HK apm

Marty McFly

if you enable IMU that gives you the raw logs now to get vibration levels,Marty.  :scotland:

pip

Cheers marty
I will try that tonight if the the rain can hold off long enough. I was in hope of someone proving the info I found about the data loggers to be wrong for the HK apm 2.5.
I was following the info recording vibration from another thread that said enable "raw logs" I guess that changed now

Thanks again

pip

Cool and the gang I';ve been proved wrong about the datalogger on the hk apm 2.5. It was just a case of activating "IMU logs" instead of "raw logs" and it shows that my apm is pretty well isolated from vibration. hte only weird thing i get now is that i have to unplug camera and plug it back in again to get the video overlay to come up on my screen, it';s not a problem it just took me a week to figure it out.

But a big thanks to everyone who helped me out

PiP