Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,March 29, 2024, 15:07:36

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 34
Total: 34

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Prohibited and Restricted Goods Post Office Postage / Parcel force

Started by dean19794, Thursday,August 08, 2013, 10:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dean19794

Just a heads up!!

Batteries that are classed as dangerous goodsClassified in the latest edition of the International Civil Aviation Organisation's Technical Instructions.  by the latest edition of the International Civil Aviation Organization's (ICAO) Technical Instructions are prohibited. This includes wet spillable lead acid/lead alkaline batteries (such as car batteries), used alkaline metal, nickel metal hydride (NiMH), nickel cadmium (NiCd), zinc-air batteries, and damaged batteries of any type.

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries when not sent with, or contained in/connected to an electronic device, are prohibited.

Lithium ion/polymer/metal/alloy batteries are allowed when sent with or contained in/connected to an electronic device, but are subject to packaging, volume and quantity restrictions. Please see Restricted Goods page. 

For more information on lithium batteries please see the IATA Lithium Battery Guidance Document.

Sealed lead acid batteries are allowed in the UK, but are also subject to packaging, volume, quantity and labelling restrictions. Please see Restricted Goods page.

Alkaline metal, nickel metal hydride (NiMH) and nickel cadmium (NiCd) batteries may only be sent when new and in their original packaging. Please see Restricted Goods page.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/sites/default/files/Lithium-Battery-Guidance-171012_0.pdf

Ross

Interesting. ICAO have (or had)  STANDARD  and RECOMMENDED  PRACTICES.  Countries may adopt one or both or none.  One country may allow the batteries..other(s) may ban  them (or other goods as defined by ICAO as dangerous).  UK may ban it.  China may not. :hmm:
I can well remember when the UK in the early 60';s tabled a motion re clocks forward and backward..the date to be altered. 
Everyone else agreed..except the UK!!! Those were the days when the Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation
ran things. :banghead:. followed by the Ministry of Aviation, Civil Aviation and finally the CAA...

As one who worked under that lot since 1958-86 I can assure you it was pure Civil Service bloody mindedness run by ex RAF wartime  personell until the CAA took over with experienced Air Traffic and Operations people. 
Uk Air Traffic itself was a different kettle of fish..world renowed for its efficiency and safety record and admired world wide..

Of course today...any rules that people do not like that come from an organisation like the CAA, then that organisation is villified.  Seems amateurs know better.!! :laugh:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

powerlord

So they';ll just be shipped with a 1 quid battery level alarm.  Job done?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

[url="http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69"]http://www.youtube.com/powerlord69[/url]

fruitsalad

dont grow up,just buy bigger toys!!!!

Ross

It really is laughable isn';t it..even the aircraft have lithium power..well..now and again :rofl:
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

Hands0n

I';ve just sent back a failed Zippy 4S.  Also Tuesday, received a Zippy 3S 4000mAh, all via the post, not conforming to the new prohibitions.  I guess it will take a while, a few prosecutions and several confiscations and/or destructions for the rules to actually bite!  Gawd, I hope they don';t start with mine!

The thing is, if we can';t transport LiPol any more then how are hobbyists that use this technology supposed to acquire new and replacement batteries?

--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Ross

Trip to model shop or use couriers   comes to mind.:rofl:

I have, several times ordered  Lith ion 12v batteries from China with mA ratings of 4800 and 6800..all sent airmail..all arrived packed in bubble wrap that virtually defied removal except with a carefully handled scalpel!!

Order from China..they';ll arrive more than likely..they do not seem to care and as for the airlines..probably flown China Air or Cathay...to UK :whistling:
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

guest325

Last night I had 4x 3S 2200 Zippy compacts delivered from HK central w';house via Singapore mail services and Post office clearly stating what they were  :shrug:  :shrug:  :shrug:

Ross

Quote from: DarrellW on Thursday,August 08, 2013, 13:17:14
Last night I had 4x 3S 2200 Zippy compacts delivered from HK central w';house via Singapore mail services and Post office clearly stating what they were  :shrug:  :shrug:  :shrug:

Yes I have noticed they ship via S';Pore now and again..last lot I had came via Singapore/Zurich!!
SAFETY is.. NO accident.