Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 02:57:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 24
Total: 24

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Naza M (V1) RTH - long delay before descending

Started by BiffiBear, Monday,August 05, 2013, 12:22:00

Previous topic - Next topic

BiffiBear

I';m a newbie to the forum and only been flying my F450 for a few months ::)

When I activate rth from the Tx, the quad correctly goes to 20m and returns to the home position but then most times, it just hovers for ages before starting the descent. Once it sat there for about 5 minutes!

Any else had this?
I';ve just upgraded to the new firmware but not tried rth yet with that.

Balders

I should stay there for about 10 seconds, no more. I know that it feels like a lifetime some times, you sure you didn';t take it out of rth mode so it was just doing position hold?
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

How windy was it?

With my F450 in a stiff wind it seems to pause while it fights a little against the wind. Main thing it gets home! I seem to remember that the pause before descending from 20M  is programmed at 15 seconds but it is obviously longer until it touches down even when calm! ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

BiffiBear

Definitely didn';t select atti mode. The fact that it does eventually descend and land itself must mean it is in rth ';mode';. It really did hover for about 5 minutes before descending on one particular flight.

Hands0n

I used my Naza M Lite yesterday for the first time out in an open field. The RTL worked fine. It seemed to take several seconds (felt like hours) to kick in, then made its way back fairly accurately, and then hovered for probably that 15 seconds and then descended.  The descent was a bit odd, it came down a few feet then held for a few seconds, then came down some more and held, repeating that until it was about two metres from the ground when it gently landed itself.

It was a gusty day with the wind getting up quite a bit at times. The Naza had to do some work to combat the wind, so I';m wondering if the pauses were the FC getting its bearings before continuing.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Balders

yeah my naza does that too...I suspect it';s the barometer figuring things out, and yeah once it gets within about 6ft of the floor it comes down really gently.  WKM does the whole descent nice and gently.

No idea why you are getting such a long delay though, didn';t think it was software setable.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Hands0n

Quote from: Balders on Tuesday,August 06, 2013, 12:11:02
No idea why you are getting such a long delay though, didn';t think it was software setable.

I';ve not seen anything in Naza Assistant to set any delays in respect to RTL. It is very noticeable though.  Flip the RTL switch and the aircraft carries on doing whatever it was (in my case being carried away by the wind), then some time later it gains control of itself and executes the RTL and starts heading on back home.   It is that first few seconds that are positively nail-biting agony  ::)
--
Danny

Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Biffa

I have to say when I tested mine it gained 20 meters about 2 seconds at the most after I hit the switch. It then bumbled about for a couple seconds again then turned and headed right back to where it took off from.

Landing did seem to take an age but then again I was stood directly underneath it so it would have been hard to gauge exactly how fast it descended, but it does seem like it lowers itself bit by bit.

Thing is, as long as it comes back, who cares how long it takes to land ~~

Steve

Balders

Would be interested in seeing a video of it occurring.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Balders

Just had another thought. Can';t remember if naza has the option, but on wkm you have choice of setting failsafe to travel home and hover. Just thinking, could your naza be doing that and then finally descending when it hits low battery. Would certainly explain the 5 minutes delays.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

BiffiBear

Thanks for all the replies. I need to try it again with the new firmware installed.
If it still does it, I';ll take a video.

ChrisH

Quote from: Balders on Tuesday,August 06, 2013, 18:49:20
Just had another thought. Can';t remember if naza has the option, but on wkm you have choice of setting failsafe to travel home and hover. Just thinking, could your naza be doing that and then finally descending when it hits low battery. Would certainly explain the 5 minutes delays.
Not an option I';ve seen on Naza, I';m on 3.14 (whatever the latest is) and not a setting. You can choose RTH or landing as the only options for failsafe!

I reckon a combination of wind slowing the descent and the time warp factor of will it, won';t it have an influence!  :smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4

Hands0n

Quote from: Balders on Tuesday,August 06, 2013, 18:45:47
Would be interested in seeing a video of it occurring.

I';m flying the Naza M Lite - next time I';m out I';ll grab a video of it doing the landing thing - might as well, its not as if I';ve got anything to do while the Naza is doing its stuff  ::)
--
Danny

BiffiBear

Tried rth 3 times today with the new firmware and each time it was perfect. It hovered for only 10 - 15 seconds then did a very graceful descent and landing.
The latest firmware seems much better to me and has improved many things. It';s much more stable and doesn';t wander around anywhere near as much as it did before. The only negative I can see is that it takes longer to boot up and acquire the satellites but this is a small price to pay for the improvement.

There was no way before it was my imagination that it was hovering for so long. It really was ';minutes';!

ChrisH

I used the RTH on my V1 Naza with 3.14 yesterday as it was disappearing away and I lost orientation. It took several minutes to return but landed eventually within 2ft of take-off point (gusts to 18mph).

It still takes several minutes while the IMU warms up (?) even after a previous flight with this setup while my hex with a Naza V2 takes a few seconds to stop the 4 yellow flashes and get a fix! Others have the same difference. Interesting!
Chris
Hubsan X4

Balders

Glad to hear that it sounds like its sorted mate, had been scratching my head over that one!

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified