Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 18, 2024, 20:14:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 35
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 26
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

SD card advice

Started by FlyinMarty, Wednesday,July 24, 2013, 13:29:38

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyinMarty

I know a there are a lot you out well versed in video recording, so I thought I would ask...

If I have a camera that records video at 28mbps I need an SD card that can at least match that?
And therfore my current 20mbps card won';t work?
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

ChrisH

If it works, use it!

The advice if you use something like a GoPro on the faster video frame rates or 0.5 second continuous shooting then a class 10 card is needed or it may not work!

I don';t believe there is any danger to camera if card won';t support the data rate, just will freeze/lock and recording is useless.

~~
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Hands0n

There are two card standard references to keep an eye on.

Class 10 for fast video is a must.  There are also the UHS rating numbered U1, U2 which as you might imagine are correspondingly more expensive.

Beware the cheapest "clones" that seem to occupy eBay and Amazon - these are marked Class 10 and are anything but! The larger capacity ones are often not that capacity at all even though they report as such to the device.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

FlyinMarty

After a couple of tests my SD card works fine - I now have playback issues on the laptop, due to the graphics card runing @ 60hz and my avchd being at 50fps - can';t change the refresh rate on the lappy (this is apparently a common and well documented issue)

Anyway, thanks for the help guys.
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

kilby

LCD displays don';t actually have a frame rate as it was only really nessicary for the frame flyback on CRT displays (to prevent rolling and people seeing the frame glitch)

In games they have frame locking so the programmers have a detonate timing to prevent tearing, glitching and stuttering
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

kilby

Sorry the last replay came out a bit patronising, and wasn';t intended to be.

There is still a refresh rate but isn';t quite the sane thing on modern LCD displays.

Are you playing the video from the card or after copying it onto the laptop? I';d its from the card cooy it and try again.

What codec are you using as sime of them mess things up a bit, especially ones supplied with cameras etc.

Try vlc player and see if the problem persists
Taranis+

Cozp83

If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

Cozp83

ive been into video production and photography for years dude. and the one thing ive learned is buy branded sd cards. another good idea is to use lots of small cards as opposed to 1 big one. i lost too many valuable photos on no name cards. even Gopro suggest the sandisk extreme;)

class speed isnt the only thing that effects the cards reliability. ive had class ten cards from maplin that struggled with the gopro.

i look at memory cards like ram. not all ram is made equal even if they are the same spec;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

kilby

Hmm, I';ve always had issues (as have workmates) with sandisk products (several SD and memory sticks), speed issues (always slower) and write errors after a few months (definately very little writing took place)

Samsung branded or Kingston have always proved most reliable for me.

However perhaps the higher end sandisk are a bit better than what I have experienced (everybody has their favourite brands)
Taranis+

Hands0n

I typically use Samsung micro SD - and also am quite a fan of Transcend which seem to be as capable and performant.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2