Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 08:51:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 28
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 32
Total: 32

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Need help choosing camera! Thanks for your input. :hmm:

Started by XamaX, Thursday,July 11, 2013, 08:05:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of the following Cameras would you recommend as a stand alone recording camera for my 450 Clone with APM

Braun sixzero
0 (0%)
Sony AS10
0 (0%)
Go Pro Silver
6 (100%)
Contour HD
0 (0%)
Aee Magicam
0 (0%)
ION air pro
0 (0%)
Drift HD
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: Sunday,July 21, 2013, 08:05:29

XamaX

Been pulling my hair out trying to figure out which "action cam" to buy...I know there is a ton of information out there -and I have researched the pants off it - but if I could have your vote that would be smashing.  :beer2:

FlyinMarty

I bought a Muvi HD on Monday, so haven';t really had a chance to play too much with it yet.  First impressions are good though - nice solid unit, simple on screen menus, waterproof housing is very sturdy.

Key things lacks compared to a GoPro 1080p @60fps (only 30fps) and it';s tall & thin rather than short & fat so may struggle to fit in some frames or gimbals. There are severaly other differences but these to me were key as I doubt I would have used the other things a gopro can do (famous last words).

However it does have an LCD for framing, setup menus (which is nice & simple) & playback and is easy for hand holding due to it';s shape.

The version I bought was £170 less than a gopro black (with quidco cashback).

It';s really up to you, I';m happy with my choice.

I also looked a the Liquid Ego 727 - thats £110 in Currys, but by the time you add in the extra for the waterproof housing etc and that you haven';t got a viewfinder the Muvi won out for me.
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

XamaX

Thanks FlyinMarty, I appreciate your input. I too have seen the models that you have mentioned. I surf and Spearfish as well and was looking for something that may be able to cover all bases....In short we do ask a lot out of our equipment!

FlyinMarty

I think of the cheaper options I went with the Muvi HD as it has the viewfinder LCD as I will be taking it on holiday to film kids swimming and filming at the heli club so it will help with framing.

If I was buying something specifically for the quad I may have chosen differently.
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

dp106

Quote from: FlyinMarty on Thursday,July 11, 2013, 08:27:41
I bought a Muvi HD on Monday, so haven';t really had a chance to play too much with it yet.  First impressions are good though - nice solid unit, simple on screen menus, waterproof housing is very sturdy.

Key things lacks compared to a GoPro 1080p @60fps (only 30fps) and it';s tall & thin rather than short & fat so may struggle to fit in some frames or gimbals. There are severaly other differences but these to me were key as I doubt I would have used the other things a gopro can do (famous last words).

However it does have an LCD for framing, setup menus (which is nice & simple) & playback and is easy for hand holding due to it';s shape.

The version I bought was £170 less than a gopro black (with quidco cashback).

It';s really up to you, I';m happy with my choice.

I also looked a the Liquid Ego 727 - thats £110 in Currys, but by the time you add in the extra for the waterproof housing etc and that you haven';t got a viewfinder the Muvi won out for me.
have you tried using the camera yet? How is it for jello?

dp106

Im dubious about spending money on another key chain camera. I';ve had a couple, the #16 v2 is nice enough but really sensitive to vibrations. It also doesn';t cope well with fast movement, the picture blurs a fair bit.

The ION Air Pro looks interesting and you can get a wireless dongle to plug in the back..

FlyinMarty

Sorry...not been near a multi (or heli) since I got it, work is getting in the way of flying.  Have done a couple of hand held tests and its pretty good - I';m happy with it anyway ;D
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

guest325

Despite having a 808#16 I';m definitely going to get a Mobius - looks very good value for money and could be my entry into fpv!
Thanks for posting the information - I got my 808#16 off eletoponline365 and can';t recommend them highly enough.

XamaX

Thanks for all your input with my particular quandary. I have bitten the bullet and ordered a GPH 3B-Fingers crossed it can handle the abuse that my set up regularly receives.... :-/

dp106

Just make sure it can';t fall off and fit a lost alarm thingy to your quad. Which reminds me I must get one myself!