Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,April 23, 2024, 07:05:00

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 25
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

USB Issue

Started by Admin, Wednesday,June 20, 2012, 15:37:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

I'm struggling to get to he bottom of this one but there definitely seems to be a problem with the record to USB function.  There are a few threads on various other forums about this and none seem to agree on the reason but certainly in my case my USB stick is not recognised by the Drone and thus it doesn't record to it.  I have now tried 6 different sticks and none work.  There is a school of thought that it needs to be a metal cased stick because sitting where it does, above the battery and a 2.4GHz transmitter/receiver, it picks up interference on the USB bus.  Some are reporting that a metal cased stick works but it doesn't in my case.  There are also people saying that Parrot have not connected the screening cable on the USB socket but, as yet, there appears to be no official word from Parrot, just a lot of speculation.  Does it matter?

Personally, no.  If it doesn't see the USB stick it defaults to recording video and images onto the iPad but Parrot do warn several times in the manual that it's far better to use the USB recoding method and I suspect this is something to do with the bandwidth of the downlink.  All I can say is that I've had the Drone flying at a range of about 50 metres while recording video and I have experienced no loss of control or telemetry.  I suspect though that if you are in a fairly "noisy" (in RF terms) area then you may see issues - one such noisy area might be in your home if you already have a 2.4GHz wireless router and/or video sender around because these things do tend to swamp the Drones own little wireless hotspot - which, by the way, might also be the reason you can't connect your iDevice to the drone so take it outside and try it there.

benchmark

I can see this is an old topic but incase anyone wonders, removing the USB stick and reinserting it again while the Drone is powered sometimes solves the problem of USB stick recognition..

Drone Shack

Yes let the Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 boot-up and then plug in USB storage device, and then all lights should flash indicating USB has been attached.

Hope this helps.
Best Wishes
The Drone Shack Team
[url="//www.droneshack.co.uk"]www.droneshack.co.uk[/url]
[url="//www.facebook.com/droneshack"]www.facebook.com/droneshack[/url]