Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 22:28:48

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 27
Total: 27

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

naza lite what a piece of junk. ( fixed )

Started by peter_a, Sunday,July 28, 2013, 15:33:14

Previous topic - Next topic

peter_a

A couple of months ago I crashed my Hexacopter up , which broke a leg and damaged a esc etc , not too bad.
So I decided my next rebuild was going to be done right , so I`ve waited for better gear.
I`ve been on a spending spree this week , got a naza lite / gps and a spektrum dx6i , which is a tie me over until I can get a FrSky TARANIS.

I just can`t get the piece of junk (  a naza lite ) to arm , it has took me longer to get it to arm ( with still no luck ) than it took before to build it before using a AIO v2 , flash the esc`s with simonk and get it in the air .

I just get the amber led plus one red led flash , but will not arm ( a know the 1 red a gps , but it`s inside )

Any idea which doesn`t include a big hammer , which I will be using very soon .

and yes and have calibrated the Tx to set the end point and it looks good in the Assistant.

SimonS

QuoteI just get the amber led plus one red led flash

What do you mean by ';the amber led';? Are we talking about a single flash or more than one?
If it is a flash, is it the same length as the red flash?
Is there a gap between the red flash and the next amber?
What are you doing to try and arm it?

peter_a

yes , single led . amber flash , then red flash , back to amber , which means GPS satellites 6 and Atti mode.
I worked out my problem it was a elevator direction problem from moving from apm to naza .

I had a little test flight , hop , which didn`t go too bad
i`ve calibrated all the esc in one go from the throttle , but had to a lot a trimming to do , at tickover onlyl 2 motors spin , a little more power 1 more spins up , a little more and they all start to spin .
Without trim it wanted to go right , forward , but now stays put with a little stick , not bad out of the box.   

rsmith21

Quote from: peter_a on Sunday,July 28, 2013, 16:57:16
yes , single led . amber flash , then red flash , back to amber , which means GPS satellites 6 and Atti mode.
I worked out my problem it was a elevator direction problem from moving from apm to naza .

I had a little test flight , hop , which didn`t go too bad
i`ve calibrated all the esc in one go from the throttle , but had to a lot a trimming to do , at tickover onlyl 2 motors spin , a little more power 1 more spins up , a little more and they all start to spin .
Without trim it wanted to go right , forward , but now stays put with a little stick , not bad out of the box.

you will find that a motor that is higher than the other probably won';t spin at startup, the controller is holding it low until its lower and has to be  increased in speed to make the craft level. To test you can move the quad just after arming and you will see some stop and others start.  I changed the startup speed to high on mine so that all motors get a good speed right away, its not nearly fast enough to make it lift.
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

peter_a

I`m starting to change my mind about the naza lite , so far I`ve found it very stable , but today it`s cost me 4 prop and nearly a new leg or two.
I had it hovering hand free for about 10 mins without any input from the sticks , so did a battery change , on the new battery got it up to a couple of feet off the ground and switched to gps atti mode like I normally do , but what I didn`t know I had accidentally switched my failsafe switch to on , so when I switched to gps atti mode ( Really , Failsate ) it shot toward the garden shed , I tried pulling it back , but it didn`t want to be controlled , it hit , dropped on it`s back and broke 4 props . 

I`ve never had the trust in AIO v2  to go total hands free which I`ve gone with the naza.

MOFO64

Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

peter_a

QuoteWelcome to the club

Does that club have any discount for 10x4.5 dji keyed props ? , I hope so with the number of broken prop I`ve had in the last couple of flights.