Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 20:47:46

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Where are the gromits?

Started by reck, Saturday,July 27, 2013, 10:07:51

Previous topic - Next topic

reck

Hi all,
And greetings from sunny Berkshire...

I';m new to the hobby, just got myself a quad based on a X525 frame from Badlands RC. Although it was fully assembled, the receiver was wired entirely wrong to the FC  and the ESCs weren';t all programmed the same  - and as Lee was unresponsive to my questions on battery connectors I ended up with the wrong type and had to solder new connectors on all of those. Lesson 1 then, if you buy from a UK modeller then don';t expect any better service than if stuff comes from China. But on the upside, your problems do arrive a lot quicker  :smiley:

Now that I';ve fixed the basic build errors, I';ve balanced the props but the motors are not exactly lacking in vibration even after balancing them as well. I was able to knock about 25% off the measured amount of vibration, but thev cheap motors will invariably be a bit noisy. I would really like to use this quad for a bit of aerial video but I think that without isolating the motors from the frame it will be jello city. So, does anyone know where I can get my hands on gromits or urethane washers to isolate the problem:? I';m off to tour some model shops and Diy stores but if anyone has a reliable source somewhere on the planet that sells to the UK that would be excellent cheers! ~~
Hubsan Q4, X4 FPV, X4 HD
X525 Quad KK2.0
HJ Flying Cat/AIOP/Multiwii 
9XR & Frsky Telemetry

Gaza07

Hi reck and welcome to the forum sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with a UK dealer, I will be interested to see how you get on with isolating the vibes on your motors please keep us informed on your progress  ~~  :beer2:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

guest325

Good idea, you might try O rings, but make sure you get a reasonably hard one or you will just squash it and it will be doing nothing!

jwl940

Would tap washers do the trick?

What shoddy service from your model shop, I guess they are aptly named!

kilby

You could try sugru, roll it into a sheet and cut whatever size and shape that you need.

B&Q stock sugru these days
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+

barneyg

silicon washers from Maplin might work nicely :
http://www.maplin.co.uk/silicon-washers-99272

Maplin are not necessarily the cheapest option but I';ve got one 5 mins from my door :)

reck

Quote from: jwl940 on Saturday,July 27, 2013, 15:43:09
Would tap washers do the trick?

What shoddy service from your model shop, I guess they are aptly named!

Well, Badlands are actually a mail order outfit. Make great videos, I';m sure he was having a bad day when he built my quad. My local model shops round here are actually excellent. The problem is that neither of them do multirotor (yet) as a speciality, so they tend not to carry the right bits and pieces.

In the end Maplin did have some grommets but I am not entirely convinced that they will work as they look too hard, so might get rid of the high frequency noise but not enough. I have some silicone hose from another project that might have the necessary compliance, just trying to work out how to fit it to the frame without destroying the basic structure.

I think the best thing is going to be to shell out another 20 quid for a new frame so that I have some spares when I trash this one.  To fit Maplin grommets I will need to enlarge some holes on the frame...  it may be some weeks before this gets fixed but I will report back..
Hubsan Q4, X4 FPV, X4 HD
X525 Quad KK2.0
HJ Flying Cat/AIOP/Multiwii 
9XR & Frsky Telemetry

XH558

As per the spelling in the thread title .... here is the Gromit

:laugh: :laugh:

Here - on the other hand is the Grommet

:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry - couldn';t resist that  :rolleyes: :azn
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]