Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 07:15:25

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Multiwii or Megapirate

Started by Bking1340, Thursday,July 25, 2013, 07:13:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Bking1340

Just want to know if you tried megapirate and prefer multiwii and why?

guest325

I';ve just finished upgrading my Crius AIOP with MP r2.9 add ons off Peter Kings website, well pleased with it compared to r2.7 it';s much more stable - never tried Multiwii, I have the attitude that if it ain';t broke don';t fix it!!!

heli

MultiWii 2.2 for me at the moment.

I started with a MultiWii Pro with MW 2.2 and after a little tweaking the initial flights where great. That';s until I binned it inverted and killed the board  :banghead: I ordered another board and a upgrade Ublox GPS and thought I would have a go with MP, I gave up last night and switched back to MW 2.2. I struggled to get the gps working but after a fair bit of forum trawling got it working. Then I just couldn';t get the Bluetooth going at all. Couple that with a Gui that was slow and buggy (guess that might be the board more than anything) but my brand new netbook was having hell with it. The last thing I want to do is take a super computer to the field. 3 days i spent on MP with out success, In just an hour I had MW all working and tested.

Don';t get me wrong, MP/Ardu has lots more to offer but right now MW will do what I want.

barneyg

I';d 2nd that ... Megapirate has loads of auto navigation type features though it is falling behind Ardupilot since no one ported 2.9 properly and I';m not sure what is happening with 3 since the guy who was doing the porting has switched to actually developing Ardupilot.  BUT and for me it is the most important thing Multiwii actually flew fairly well with default settings and only improved with about 5 mins of tuning, while it took me about 20 mins of tuning before I could even get MegaPirate to take off without flipping and eating props.

Gaza07

I have used multi wii and megapirate for quite some time and through a lot of versions, and from my experience I have always found multi wii to be more stable and easier to setup it may not have the functions of megapirate but quite a lot of the time those functions dont perform to well and just cause crashes,
I currently fly a APM 2.5 with original arducopter firmware and this is miles better than megapirate I always thought something was slightly out of wack with the megapirate port running on Arducopter just confirms it to me, as said above the megapirateNG guy who was doing the porting has stopped, the original megapirate team stopped some time before that megapirate and megapirateNG are dead RIP  :rolleyes:

My advice would be if you can afford it get a APM and forget megapirate or use multi wii on a AIOP its flys much better  ~~  :beer2:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]