Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 16:30:50

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 19
Total: 19

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Is it worth it ?

Started by callaghan48, Monday,July 22, 2013, 15:08:15

Previous topic - Next topic

callaghan48

Thinking of putting my Dragon Link & Dragon v2 OSD on my F550 that i have in my Skywalker at the moment that has been 5 miles out over the north sea with no problems,
The Hexa has 2216 800kv Torxpower motor running on 4s nano-tech 5,000 10.5 e props think i could double up the lipo';s for 10,000 without the gimble,
Is it worth it, ?
I would record on FPV cam (Sony 600) and that would show telemetry

Ross

[quote ] i have in my Skywalker at the moment that has been 5 miles out over the north sea with no problems,
[/quote]

:hmm:
Have you read the CAA safety rules about distance and height permissions?

Just a thought.
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

callaghan48

Hi Ross,
Yes i have, i fly no more than 400ft i know i can';t have an observer at that distance thats why it goes over the sea,
How many with quads fly fpv without observer over land, i have seen many vids on here where there is no observer,
John

Biffa

Quote from: callaghan48 on Monday,July 22, 2013, 16:30:48 How many with quads fly fpv without observer over land, i have seen many vids on here where there is no observer

Without prejudice, but isn';t that just like saying "Sod the rules if they do it so can I".

Would the same apply to drink driving?

:shrug:

Steve

nub

is not having a spotter frowned upon, why the need for a spotter?
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Toledodave

The spotter is there to protect your aircraft and its surroundimg while you have your face stuffed into goggles like fatsharks or converted goggles. Either way you only have tunnel vision. You dont get peripheral view and or behind you. So the spotter is there to let you know if you go too far or get in trouble and let you know everything you dont see. Not to mention if you crash he should be able to point you in the direction its resting in.

XH558

Aaaaahhh - laudable reasoning - so absolutely EVERYONE on here who flies FPV has a spotter with them at ALL times then  :rolleyes:

I think not ..... and everyone on here drives at 70 or less on motorways too   :azn

Doesn';t make it right - but we all do it  :whistling:

Not everyone has the luxury of a friend or partner who wishes to be involved in this hobby - I for one always fly alone (fully paid up BMFA since 1960) - I can';t stand clubs and don';t have a kindred spirit so if I ever get the bottle to fly FPV I';ll be on my own as far away from anyone as I can get because I DO understand the reasons for a spotter - but I don';t have access to one.

:popcorn:
David :)
[url="//www.mh434.com"]www.mh434.com[/url]
[url="//www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/"]www.lincsaviation.co.uk/news/lancaster-nx611-return-to-flight/[/url]

teslahed

Ignoring the legal aspects for a moment - if you are flying over ocean or a deserted field - what good is the spotter going to do for you?

I only fly FPV in places i know like the back of my hand and/or places that are in the middle of nowhere. Biggest risk for me is hitting a tree.

I have flown FPV alone - but never when other people were about and never over anything i could damage if i crashed.

I would not feel bad about someone flying FPV alone over open water. The biggest risk is the multirotor failing, crashing and never being seen again - much safer than crashing into houses, cars or people that. It';s when i see people flying over houses, cars or people that i feel like giving someone a :slap:

On the flip side - if you are flying without a spotter and you do crash into something valuable (or worse, someone), you';ll not have a leg to stand on in court.
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

nub

hmmm interesting, so it';s actually illegal/an offense to fly without a spotter?

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Toledodave

I agree. I believe its just ome of those laws that when in doubt bottom line is the pilots fault and they created laws to let them enforce that in such event a crash became a legal dispute. I also will be flying over 100s acres of farm land! I may have a spotter or not. If i do hes gonna be more of a spectator then a spotter. But it will be farm land not civilian areas. Just use common sense if you think you could use a spotter then you probably should.

callaghan48

Hi All,
I do understand the rules, its not if they do i do, i will never fly FPV or LOS over urban area';s and definitely not in the backstreet as many do,
All my flying with the Skywalker is done over the sea if she goes down its my loss and very unlikely to involve others,
Multi-Rotor';s i never fly FPV without a spotter, the number of good days i have missed due to not having one, it will always be LOS,
John.