Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 00:06:41

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

ONLY IN GUN TOTING LAND

Started by Ross, Monday,July 22, 2013, 10:11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

People who attempt to shoot down unmanned drones are putting the public in danger and could face prosecution, the Federal Aviation Authority has said.

The unusual clarification by the FAA was made after a small rural Colorado town said it was considering paying bounties to anyone who shoots down an unmanned drone.

The ranching and farming community of Deer Trail, 55 miles east of Denver, said it might give its 600 residents the option of buying a $25 hunting licence to shoot down unmanned aerial vehicles.

Considering the surveillance the average American is under by their government........... :banghead:
Let's be careful out there.
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

teslahed

Considering the height at which any of the actual government drones will be flying - and the average ability of an uneducated american to distinguish between a drone and a manned aircraft...
One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

Ross

The story really relates to model drones altho'; they did not specify as such but  cracked on about  privacy etc.,..therefore..probably meant  models,  as some people fly them in the street over there  (here as well, which  could invoke  the ANO  for prosecutions if  neighbours complain.)........
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

guest325

How responsible is that? Condoning people to shoot at models possibly in built up areas when they are going to have no idea where the spent round is going to end up?
:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

FlyinMarty

Quote from: DarrellW on Monday,July 22, 2013, 12:54:07
How responsible is that? Condoning people to shoot at models possibly in built up areas when they are going to have no idea where the spent round is going to end up?
:banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:
Or whats left of the UAV
Blade Nano QX
Immersion Vortex 285
 Blade mCPx Heli

firey1

imagine a round through a lipo battery
will be a flaming meteorite coming down on to some ones property  :slap:
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Hands0n

I believe that the proposition was made tongue in cheek to publicise the town in some manner I cannot recall. Bizarre to say the least, given all that has been said above. The image of a flaming UAV is a very real prospect given how LiPo are quite happy to become all incendiary at a mere nudge.

That said, it really doesn';t bode well to give people ideas. Particularly in a land that advocates shoot first, ask questions later.
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

Biffa

Steve

Ross

Quote from: Hands0n on Monday,July 22, 2013, 22:38:40
I believe that the proposition was made tongue in cheek to publicise the town in some manner I cannot recall. Bizarre to say the least, given all that has been said above. The image of a flaming UAV is a very real prospect given how LiPo are quite happy to become all incendiary at a mere nudge.

That said, it really doesn';t bode well to give people ideas. Particularly in a land that advocates shoot first, ask questions later.

It was Deer Lake and the offer of a bounty was apparently, serious as they offer bounties for wolf tails in that place..so a UAV would be no problem!! :rofl:
SAFETY is.. NO accident.

Toledodave

I just read the other day about Colorado State in the US was going to try and pass a hunting law for drones.  Drones are here....been here....and willing to bet stay here. Maybe some new laws or rules are needed to protect the innocent in any circumstance but the drone is a tool. It only does what its told. It is artificial inelegance controled by human intelegence. I do believe the pilot is responsable for it and its actions thought. Just the same as the pyrotech shooting the fireworks off. Or the same as a lumberjack if he drops a tree onto any person or personal property and creates damage or personal injury. As a pilot you need to be responsible and take responsibilty for your drones actions. Botton line. You fly it!....you buy it!