Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,May 01, 2024, 23:11:52

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
01 May 2024 10:16:12
Most people I have spoken to are pizzed off with the yellow peril  flooding the forum,go figure. :whistling:
Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Members
  • Total Members: 8,196
  • Latest: Skyflix
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 22
Total: 22

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Nub's FPV video's

Started by nub, Sunday,July 21, 2013, 01:37:02

Previous topic - Next topic

nub

Just thought i';d make a wee thread to dump my FPV videos :laugh:

i can only apologize about the quality but its probably the best i can come up with at the moment, over time things will improve and you';ll be able to follow my progress if you';d like to :smiley:

anyways on with the 1st video, this is from today, the quad felt quite weird, maybe a cross wind or something and was yawing on slow back flips, but it just didn';t feel right.

Kinglassie quarry.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dp106

Brave man doing flips over water :-)

Biffa

Steve

Gav

Nice one nub. Keep the vids coming dude.  Closer to the wind turbine next time hehe. 
I flew near some wind turbines in Germany once.  But only LOS and was before I bought any fpv equipment.  Would like to fly near wind turbines again now I have the gear. 

nub

cheers guys, i didn';t want to get to close incase i got sucked in by it or something :laugh:

here';s another from the other night with some faster footage, also added a wee housey (not usually my kind of thing) mini mix :smiley:

Down at the park.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

dp106

Nice flying, what';s the setup you';re using? Did you have any problems with your fpv feed through the trees or were you strategically placed..?

Biffa

Dude, how could you not fly under and through the goal posts :slap:

Otherwise, great video ~~
Steve

nub

thx guys

:laugh: wondered if anybody would say anything about them, i did think about it but wasn';t to sure if the dogs would get me or not, i';ve only tried flying under them 4 times and failed twice :smiley:

Quote from: dp106 on Sunday,July 21, 2013, 18:57:34
Nice flying, what';s the setup you';re using? Did you have any problems with your fpv feed through the trees or were you strategically placed..?

its my MWC quad, Sony TVL 600, FS attitude';s and 250mw VTx with Gav';s skew planar antennas.

i usually sit on the other seat (but someone was there) it gives me a better path through the trees, were i was sitting in that video as soon as i was through i need to get up high above the tress or my picture starts to break up badly.

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

nub

well its been a while, i haven';t been flying much lately, i took delivery of a Naza lite and Mobius camera the other day and i';ve been playing about with that, couldn';t be bothered going up or down to the field so thought i have a mess about doing a range test from the steps of my driveway :laugh:

i';m quite liking the modes of the Naza but the way it handles a straight descent or wind when using Atti, GPS Atti is horrible, for my setup anyways, otherwise its rock solid in the calm/very low wind.

time for a pic and range test video, i probably could have pushed it a little more but i';ve still to test the Naza RTH failsafe :laugh:

[attach=1]

250mw fatshark driveway range test

i have some jello i';ll have to get that sorted out but overall i';m pretty impressed with the results from the Mobius camera, the original looks better than what u can see on youtube, looks like the frame rates or somethings messed up too.

big improvement from that stupid easycap crap though :smiley:

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

teslahed

Nub - i think you need to be careful flying over residential areas. There are a couple of points in your video where you fly directly over children and you fly straight down your local street over people, traffic and houses at several points.

All it would take would be one hardware failure - probably not even your fault when it happens - and your quadcopter could do some serious damage to anything or anyone below.

Flying over built up areas like this isn';t legal. Posting the videos to youtube is a bad idea. You might encourage other people to think this is ok resulting in more people flying like this - sooner or later someone will have a nasty accident, get themselves in the papers and injure a bunch of people (or worse) and then everyone else will find the hobby involves a lot less fun and a lot more licensing, rules and regulations.

The camera does look good. I thought it was a gopro at first ~~ Have you tried using the live video out instead of the separate FPV camera?

One circlip short of a quadcopter.
 1 lobe short of an antenna.

nub

aye i know what your saying, that';s why i didn';t hang about and flew straight to the field, i might be daft but no that daft :laugh: ;)

next time i won';t be so lazy :smiley:

na i never bothered messing about with it i just strapped it on to see what it was like, i might give it a try to see what like when i get bored.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

MOFO64

Looks pretty good quality JBJ, just sort the jello and you';re golden  ~~

I couldn';t help but count atleast 9 houses with solar-cells on the roofs, who';s been robbin'; the panels?  :laugh:
Naza V1 | 1040mm Quadcopter | 4x360kv | 4x 1565s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6
My-Fly4 | 660mm M2M Quadcopter | 4x850kv | 4x1045s | Zippy 5000mah 3S 30c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

2.3m Global-hawk EDF UAV | Zippy 2200mah 4S 40c | Hitec Optic Sport 6

nub

aye definitely great quality for the price!

i';m saying nowt :# :laugh:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

nub

awww nut! :laugh:

a nightmare walk with ma gammy ankle.

Awww nut!
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Hands0n

Err ... umm ... what happened there to make it fall out of the sky?  :hmm:
--
Danny
"Its better than bad, its good"

Current FCs: Pixhawk, APM 2.6, Naza M V2, Naze32, Flip32+ CC3D, KK2.1.5
Aircraft: miniMax Hex, DJI 550 (clone) TBS Disco, 450 Firefly, 250 Pro, ZMR250, Hubsan X4, Bixler 2

nub

its been down to a loss of signal for some reason i think, nippy i can';t get the naza failsafe/RTH set up for this situation with my DX7 and AR7000, ach everything seems to be fine.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.