Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 09:54:59

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

FPV Quadcopter Chimney Rock Fun Run

Started by JAB1a, Thursday,July 18, 2013, 17:38:30

Previous topic - Next topic

JAB1a

Hi All, What a wicked day';s FPV.

This flight was taken on the day that my Quadcopter ended up at the bottom of a 11ft deep dirty river for 24 hours. It was a great day and so many great spots to fly FPV, here is the highlights of part of the day. I had two spotters with me on this day as the woods were a criss-cross of paths so I had two pairs of eyes looking for the public. Any close proximity to any members of the team including me were well planned before hand and each person understood the risks and consequences involved.

Best viewed full screen @1080p
http://youtu.be/E2-xGBVdISE

Calomile

Saw this earlier, awesome flying as usual mate. Really impressive. A bit precarious with your seating position though, not sure I';d have the stomach for that!  :sick:
I reverse polarities for fun.

JAB1a

Quote from: Calomile on Thursday,July 18, 2013, 18:33:51
A bit precarious with your seating position though, not sure I';d have the stomach for that!  :sick:

Thanks a lot mate  ::) it was a great day. Im quite sure footed but standing that close to the edge I was still leaning on the rocks, Some amazing views from those spots as you can see in the video  :smiley:

Calomile

Yeah no denying that';s a lovely spot. I';d definitely like to live down there, suits me down to the ground!
I reverse polarities for fun.

XamaX

Excellent flying as always.
Gonna have to grow me some balls for this FPV malarkey. Chicken springs to mind! That and start stockpiling the spares...

nub

nice vid, nice spot.

tell me more about your setup please :smiley: are u using any sensors (sonar) when flying low like that, seems to keep its height well, hows your throttle setup.

thx.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

KK1W

Simply freaking'; amazing! :beer2:

I think you';re using a GoPro 3 black - was it worth the price?

Jim
Jim/KK1W

guest325

Amazing flying, how on earth do you manage not to hit the undergrowth - if I got anywhere near that sort of stuff mine would be a bin bag job!!!
Keep ';em coming  ~~  ~~  ~~

JAB1a

Quote from: nub on Thursday,July 18, 2013, 23:01:36
nice vid, nice spot.

tell me more about your setup please :smiley: are u using any sensors (sonar) when flying low like that, seems to keep its height well, hows your throttle setup.

thx.

Cheers Nub,
When I am flying around FPV I use ';auto stability'; mode (just accelerometers and gyro';s), I don';t use any other sensors while flying, on my remote I have Ch5 setup as
Low=AutoStab
High=AutoStab+height hold
but I never really use height hold as its not that good +/- ~3meters from set point. I have not changed any throttle setting. Momentum is a great way to stay at a level plain while trying to squeeze between stuff etc

JAB1a

Quote from: KK1W on Friday,July 19, 2013, 00:32:30
Simply freaking'; amazing! :beer2:

I think you';re using a GoPro 3 black - was it worth the price?

Jim

Cheers Jim, for peace of mind the GoPro was worth EVERY penny, I no longer have to think "well... there is bad light here or too many shadows, I might not get the shots I want" because you GP gets it all, good or bad :) also the quality of the raw footage is incredible! shame YouTube ruins that a bit. The WiFi side is fun also if you use 3rd party apps rather than the official one for android, or just acces it via a web browser  ::) but I never fly with the WiFi on as I am not sure of the effects of the 2.4Ghz signal vs my 2.4Ghz rTx

nub

thx for the info JAB1a, could do with investing in a gopro myself the capture of my FPV camera is pretty poor.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

KK1W

Quote from: JAB1a on Friday,July 19, 2013, 17:58:12
Cheers Jim, for peace of mind the GoPro was worth EVERY penny, I no longer have to think "well... there is bad light here or too many shadows, I might not get the shots I want" because you GP gets it all, good or bad :) also the quality of the raw footage is incredible! shame YouTube ruins that a bit. The WiFi side is fun also if you use 3rd party apps rather than the official one for android, or just acces it via a web browser  ::) but I never fly with the WiFi on as I am not sure of the effects of the 2.4Ghz signal vs my 2.4Ghz rTx

Just came home with a very slightly used GoPro 3 silver I snagged for $200 (131 pounds) First stills I took with it, inside with shades down, are sooo  much better than the Boscam.  ::)

Thanks for the tip about the WiFi, I hadn';t thought about the interference factor. Still flying LOS but will be venturing into FPV soon (with the Boscam first). Keep the  vids coming, they';re a great inspiration.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

Smeagol

Cracking fpv skills there, must be a gamer to be able to manoeuvre between the trees like that.

Great wee location, loved it