Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,March 28, 2024, 08:59:22

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Andy7:
08 Jun 2023 22:49:18
 ~~
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,420
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 28
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 37
Total: 37

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

A quiet night in while the wife was out playing

Started by barneyg, Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 22:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

barneyg

After modifying my Prop balancer so it was tall enough to balance the hubs on my blades the other night I put it to use tonight and got all my props as true as I could.

Last time out I';d put the LPF on my Crius AIOP to 42Hz and that had made a big difference to the throttle response, tonight I had my "big" battery strapped to the grass cutter at 67g heavier than my 2450mAh Zippy compact I was expecting any improvements to be cancelled out by the extra weight.

So I took it out into the front garden and started to test ... hover point was even lower on the curve than last time and the quad felt like it was directly attached to my throttle ... on one hand it made it a tad more sensitive to throttle input but in some ways it made it easier to fly and me more confident.  Now the balance wasn';t that far out but once again I';ve learnt that the smallest change can make a big difference in this hobby.

My testing was cut short by my daughter coming downstairs and complaining that the quad was too noisy and it was keeping her awake :( (at this point she';d been in bed over an hour so the "keeping" part of that statement didn';t quite ring true ;) )

My fun cut short and the wife still out and my need to tinker not quite sated I went about making a bracket to mount my FrSky Telemetry Screen on as the velcro I';d placed directly on my 9xr wasn';t working very well (too many curved surfaces to make contact)

[attach=1]

I';m quite pleased with the result.

DarrenG

Nice. I';ve got the screen but not yet come up with a mount solution I can live with!
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

jwl940

Have a look at FIMO modelling clay to see if you can make a bracket out of that.  Mold one side to the shape of the screen, the other side to the shape of where you want to mount it then bake it in the oven.  A bit of Velcro and job';s done.

rickp

DarrenG

Now that';s a great idea, I';ve wanted to try Sugru for a while now but not had anything I needed to try it on. This might be an ideal reason.
[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

Cozp83

If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

kilby

Suvru is great, one thing to watch out for is it is also a great adhesive too, so make sure that you don';t unintentionally stick things together.

Sugru actually came from silicone cailk and I think it was cornstarch

Sugru is much nicer to work with
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX
Taranis+