Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Monday,February 17, 2020, 11:55:07

Login with username, password and session length


14 Feb 2020 16:14:59
Hi there. Im new. Having problems with my tarot landing gear. Its plugged into ch7 on futaba receiver. When i flick switch on transmitter i can hear a faint click on both legs but no movement. My flight controller is a mini px4 with no aux out terminals.
09 Feb 2020 16:57:32
and another :smiley:
09 Feb 2020 10:22:04
Time for a new shoutbox post   ;)
Rares Gosav:
17 Jan 2020 17:44:22
Hi guys and happy new year!!!
01 Jan 2020 00:12:50
Happy new year everyone, happy flying.  :beer2: :beer2:
31 Dec 2019 17:06:13
Happy new year all hope 2020 is a cracking year for you  :beer2:
25 Dec 2019 00:00:49
Happy Christmas to everyone.
24 Dec 2019 13:50:56
Seasons greetings to all on this forum have a good one ;)
21 Dec 2019 17:58:42
Have a great time DB. Look forward your projects in 2020.  :beer2:
21 Dec 2019 16:59:17
Have a good one D.B. ~~ :beer2: :beer2: :beer2:
  • Total Members: 8098
  • Latest: S7ewie
  • Total Posts: 197681
  • Total Topics: 19953
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 27
Total: 28

Theme Changer


3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

A quiet night in while the wife was out playing

Started by barneyg, Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 22:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic


After modifying my Prop balancer so it was tall enough to balance the hubs on my blades the other night I put it to use tonight and got all my props as true as I could.

Last time out I';d put the LPF on my Crius AIOP to 42Hz and that had made a big difference to the throttle response, tonight I had my "big" battery strapped to the grass cutter at 67g heavier than my 2450mAh Zippy compact I was expecting any improvements to be cancelled out by the extra weight.

So I took it out into the front garden and started to test ... hover point was even lower on the curve than last time and the quad felt like it was directly attached to my throttle ... on one hand it made it a tad more sensitive to throttle input but in some ways it made it easier to fly and me more confident.  Now the balance wasn';t that far out but once again I';ve learnt that the smallest change can make a big difference in this hobby.

My testing was cut short by my daughter coming downstairs and complaining that the quad was too noisy and it was keeping her awake :( (at this point she';d been in bed over an hour so the "keeping" part of that statement didn';t quite ring true ;) )

My fun cut short and the wife still out and my need to tinker not quite sated I went about making a bracket to mount my FrSky Telemetry Screen on as the velcro I';d placed directly on my 9xr wasn';t working very well (too many curved surfaces to make contact)


I';m quite pleased with the result.


Nice. I';ve got the screen but not yet come up with a mount solution I can live with!
Darren Griffin
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32


Have a look at FIMO modelling clay to see if you can make a bracket out of that.  Mold one side to the shape of the screen, the other side to the shape of where you want to mount it then bake it in the oven.  A bit of Velcro and job';s done.



Now that';s a great idea, I';ve wanted to try Sugru for a while now but not had anything I needed to try it on. This might be an ideal reason.
Darren Griffin
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32


If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.


Suvru is great, one thing to watch out for is it is also a great adhesive too, so make sure that you don';t unintentionally stick things together.

Sugru actually came from silicone cailk and I think it was cornstarch

Sugru is much nicer to work with
Not much kit, but what I have I like
Armattan Tilt 2, Morphite 180, Quark 150, Decapitated NanoQX