Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 12:07:08

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 23
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Wouldnt arm as normal and my gps is slow

Started by bongo, Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 20:12:30

Previous topic - Next topic

bongo

F450 Naza M running 3.14 GPS 1 with spectrum dx7 controller

today it wouldnt arm in the usual position, both sticks down and to the left, turned it on and off a few times, then i tried both sticks down but right stick to bottom right position and it armed and flew as normal, had a couple of flights, and on the 3rd flight it kicked itself back to both sticks down and left to arm, what would be the reason behind this change of events?

Next, the gps wouldnt kick in, im told to be patient on warm up, this colour blindness does not help one damn bit, seemed to be 2 quick flashes pause 2 quick flashes repeat, flew it a couple of times and nothing, flew it a 3rd and bingo the gps kicked in for the flight and the subsequent one, now back and recharging batteries, and help and insights are always appreciated.
my films - [url="https://www.youtube.com/user/ArialVideo"]https://www.youtube.com/user/ArialVideo[/url]

nub

i';ve read about people having to wait 3 mins for the GPS to sort itself out.
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

KK1W

Bongo,

You';re correct, interpreting the led is difficult enough when you';re not color blind! I';ve been flying the Naza v3.12 for a few months. Here';s the led sequence I see most often. I realize the colors don';t help but if someone else is watching it may help. Regardless the flash count should be enough to figure it out.

1. Plug in the battery - two groups of three fast flashes alternating red/yellow/green.
2. Then four green flashes at a slow rate
3. Then it goes into ';warm up mode. This is groups of four fast yellow flashes. These groups will continue until it is warmed up, anywhere from 30 seconds to a few minutes is normal.
4. After it is warmed up you will get perhaps a dozen green flashes. (Too fast for me to count)
5. After the twelve green flashes you will get either a single or double flash indicating flight mode. If all sticks are centered, including the throttle it is one flash, if the throttle is not centered you will get two flashes. Many of the Naza manuals seem to incorrect about this by the way.
Following the one or two flashes will be either three, two or one red flash indicating the number of GPS satellites. Once it is over six satellites you don';t get these red flashes.

So, if you can';t see the colors, all sticks are centered except the throttle and your mode switch is in atti or GPS mode you should see:

2 groups of three flashes
4 slower flashes
Continious groups of fast four flashes
A group of maybe a dozen flashes.
2 flashes followed by either 3, 2, 1 or 0 flashes (GPS satellite count)

Then you';ll be left with groups of two flashes until you either center the throttle stick or switch to manual mode. Centering the throttle stick will result in one flash.  Manual mode has no flashes by the way. If you';re unable to differentiate between yellow and green we';ve reached a point where you';ll have to be sure of your mode switch setting.

Maybe it would be better to set your mode switch in manual mode to start. Then after warm up and the dozen flashes you will only see the GPS indicator flashes (3, 2. 1, 0)? Switching back to either atti or GPS will give you either two or one flash depending on stick position.

Don';t forget to switch back to atti or GPS before take off! Many have found, including myself, that take offs are more consistent in atti mode. Get some altitude then switch to GPS if you want position hold

On the arming problem I would look at the end points of the yaw (rudder) channel in the Naza assistant. If you';re not getting full range in one direction it won';t arm. Check your trims and if you have it in your TX your ';dual rate'; setting. Any of those will prevent arming. Sounds like one of your rudder endpoints is right on the edge.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

bongo

wow, thank you very much Jim, that took some time to word and write and has helped me a great deal, Ill copy that out and take it with me next time I go out, I might also grab the wife or some other non colourblind person and well go through that again and find out if everythings ok

one thing I noticed when looking at the pmu very closely is that its just about discernable on the led which part is flashing, there are 2 bright spots top left and top right and the bottom will also flash so I guess these are the positions of the respective coloured led, it might be possible for other people to decode on that basis, ill have a look and take some notes

also thanks nub, ill keep that in mind and try and be more patient :)

my films - [url="https://www.youtube.com/user/ArialVideo"]https://www.youtube.com/user/ArialVideo[/url]