Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Tuesday,August 20, 2019, 08:26:04

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
ched:
09 Jul 2019 19:45:42
May the sun shine and winds be light for BFU#8. Son't forget lots of vids for those of us unable to attend.  :D
Gaza07:
09 Jul 2019 18:10:30
Hope you all have a great day  :beer2:
Andy7:
09 Jul 2019 14:05:28
BFU#8 details locked in for this saturday - see the head of the forum thread for all details.
hoverfly:
05 Jul 2019 21:51:05
Good for genital warts as well......or so I'm told.. :hmm
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196558
  • Total Topics: 19801
  • Online Today: 39
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 44
Total: 46

Theme Changer





3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

RCTimer Gimbal With Naza problem

Started by Bradlo, Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 16:04:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradlo

Hi All,

I have an issue with my received RCTimer brushless gimbal today. I installed it all and managed to blow the control board that comes with the RCTimer Gimbal.

I now have a dead board and a gimbal with two brushless motors.

I';ve plugge the pitch and roll respectively into the Naza M V2 via the F1 and F2 connections and then turned the gimbal on in Naza Assist software.

The motors have now got a buzzing sound and are sort of holding position but there is no correction to tilting the craft or gimbal in any direction. My question is this - Do i have to have a control board or can i not just run it from the Naza M V2 i have installed? And if i can run it from the Naza Unit why does it not work now? I';ve tried gains from 2 - 50 and nothing... reversed and normalized also... Any ideas?!

SimonS

A brushless gimbal requires a brushless gimbal controller.

The Naza gimbal output is only for connecting to servo controlled gimbals.

What did you do to blow the board?

Bradlo

Quote from: SimonS on Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 16:16:11
A brushless gimbal requires a brushless gimbal controller.

The Naza gimbal output is only for connecting to servo controlled gimbals.

What did you do to blow the board?


I put too much power through it and it went out with a nice bang...

I';m now in need of a control board before tomorrow evening as i am away on Friday early morning and would like to take my quad with a gimbal with me! Does any model shops actually stock these boards for collection?

SimonS

Too much power?  It is listed as taking up to a 6s pack and the motor drivers on the board will take upto about 40v.  It';s almost impossible to give it too much power unless you put a 13amp plug on it and connect it to the mains.

I did however manage to blow an AlexMos board by connecting up a 3s battery the wrong way round. It was repairable.

Have you got a picture of what exactly has blown? Someone might be able to repair it for you.

powerlord

Yeh more likely you';ve connected power wrong way round. 

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta


Gaza07

Ive seen 2 of these boards that have been connected in reverse and both had the voltage regulators blown which is an easy fix but the driver chips are the bits that go bang and they aren';t cheap and not easy to replace  :-/
The best thing to do would be add it to the lesson learned pile  :rolleyes:  ~~  :beer2:

Bradlo

Quote from: SimonS on Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 16:33:59
Too much power?  It is listed as taking up to a 6s pack and the motor drivers on the board will take upto about 40v.  It';s almost impossible to give it too much power unless you put a 13amp plug on it and connect it to the mains.

I did however manage to blow an AlexMos board by connecting up a 3s battery the wrong way round. It was repairable.

Have you got a picture of what exactly has blown? Someone might be able to repair it for you.


Hooked it up to the battery and it just went! Looking at the board i can';t seem to find anything thats actually gone, but something flashed in the board when it was connected... Hooking it up again to any power and i get no response from it...

Definitely a lesson learnt, on the hunt for a new board for tomorrow!

DarrenG

Darren Griffin
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

SimonS

Where abouts are you?

Martinez BGC boards (of which the RCTimer is one version) are in stock and available from Firstpersonview down near Brighton and  Electriflite in York.
DesireRC in Dorset appear to have stock of their AlexMos boards and Quadcopters might have stock of the Viacopter AlexMos board (ring them to check).

Bradlo

Quote from: SimonS on Wednesday,July 17, 2013, 17:21:48
Where abouts are you?

Martinez BGC boards (of which the RCTimer is one version) are in stock and available from Firstpersonview down near Brighton and  Electriflite in York.
DesireRC in Dorset appear to have stock of their AlexMos boards and Quadcopters might have stock of the Viacopter AlexMos board (ring them to check).


I actually live in York, i might have to check out Electriflite today!
Many thanks... Does anyone have a correct guide/manual/wiring diagram of how to actually set upt these boards as i was at a total loss before!

Bradlo

Thursday,July 18, 2013, 11:48:56 #10 Last Edit: Thursday,July 18, 2013, 12:42:11 by Bradlo
Edit
Deleted.

SimonS

The only bit of the wiring that can blow the board is the power input and that has a great big + & - printed on the board.

The IMU has direction info printed on it and the brushless motors are like any other - if they are turning the wrong way then turn the connector around (or reverse them in the GUI if it has that option).

I';m not aware of a ';manual'; for this board but there are a few posts on this site that will tell you exactly how to set up the PID';s etc.