Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,August 23, 2019, 02:10:09

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
22 Aug 2019 22:47:32
Sorted mate  ~~
Andy7:
22 Aug 2019 10:27:36
Sure. But basically, all the subjects are getting cut off.
Gaza07:
21 Aug 2019 18:14:54
Can you pm me a screen shot of what you mean
Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
atomiclama:
29 Jul 2019 20:14:10
DB that just means you have shed loads of props in the first place ;-)
DarkButterfly:
29 Jul 2019 18:53:33
Just had a thought, even with all the crashing I've done, I haven't bought any replacement props in over a year ~~
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196578
  • Total Topics: 19804
  • Online Today: 44
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

RCtimer carbon props.

Started by DarrellW, Tuesday,July 16, 2013, 17:41:35

Previous topic - Next topic

DarrellW

They have arrived and look very good, balance is not a mile out - shouldn';t need much adjustment.
Compared to the plastic ones they look very different, more like what I am used to seeing on planes. Very pleased with them so far, all I need to do is fit them and give it a go.
What differences should I expect to see???
I think..........I think I am........therefore I am.............I think!

SimonS

The RCTimer props seem to vary in performance from size to size.

I have the slowfly version of the 8x4.7 and the Graupner version of the 9x5 and 11x5.

The 8x4.7 have been used on my QAV400 and compared to the Graupner 8x5. The rctimers are superior.  They give a very locked in feel and the quad hovers on 50% power. The graupners need another 15-20% to hover and the quad feels very sloppy. One up to RCTimer.

The 9x5 from RCTimer and Graupner were flown on my Discovery and there is virtually nothing to choose between them in performance. The graupners were slightly better balanced out of the packet. A draw.

The 11x5 were used on my CarbonCore H6-950. Both makes felt the same to fly but the rctimers were much noisier.  When checking the current in the EzOSD the graupners were hovering at 33 amps but the rctimers were consuming 60 amps. They are very inefficient but are useful if you want to have the loudest multi out there. One to Graupner.

I think Jumpy07 has some of the 9x4.7 slowfly RCTimer props on one of his quads so might be able to give some insight on those.

DarrellW

These are 8 x 5';s so should be good. Might try them on one of my planes to see what they are like, much cheaper than the usual ones I can get!

SimonS

The ones you have are the Graupner shape.  The slowfly a have more blade area so move more air.  They will probably be fine on fixed wing as they usually have higher kv motors.

DarrellW

Tried them out tonight and to hover does take more throttle than before but it handles much more positively and seems faster going forwards.
I';m going to try this setup on 4S now and see what it';s like, I suspect that it will go like a rocket and will be very nice and positive. Will report on my findings when I have had a go!

SimonS

All my comments above we';re based on using 4s LiPo';s.

Smeagol

my 10x4.5';s arrived yesterday, I got 4 pairs CF and 12 pairs panic (plastic)

Balanced the CF ones today, very little activity, props appeared to be fairly balanced, needed a little tweak on the props and hubs.

The plastic ones weren';t so hot, I balanced a few, both prop and hub needed attention.

Toledodave

I first used CF props on my A.R drone. Also have them on my Tri-6. There is 3 differences, 1st is Cost. 2nd looks, 3rd wont flex anywhere near as much plastic which only pays off under heavy thrust or lift where plastics tend to flex and flatten out under high thrust. There is a nasty negative though! They Brittle and and dont survive contact with anything but your fingers and skin! :)  if you ever come into contact with a cf prop your lucky if a bandade can help you! Lol  but like i said i will run them untill i cant afford them lol

davethepitch

Saturday,July 20, 2013, 17:00:36 #8 Last Edit: Sunday,July 21, 2013, 14:40:32 by davethepitch
Quote from: Toledodave on Saturday,July 20, 2013, 02:26:10
There is a nasty negative though! They Brittle and and dont survive contact with anything but your fingers and skin! :)  if you ever come into contact with a cf prop your lucky if a bandade can help you!

Just for the record i had Rctimer 8 x 4.5 carbon fibre props fitted to my quad and they were very good but when i was sent some settings and i updated the AIOP V2 on the test flight my quad tilted to the side hit the ground and then flew at me so i twisted my body out of the way and put my hand up to protect my face and it hit my hand.

I just felt a heavy thud on my finger but i had no pain at all so i picked up my quad a walked back to the house believe this or not i had no idea it had cut open my finger deep until i saw the blood over my quad and everywhere i had walked.

This incident was about four months ago and the cut has now healed but i have damaged the nerves in the end of my finger and when i touch the damaged area it feels like the top of my finger is covered in superglue and i get pains when i knock it or try to type with the finger.  :(

I know i am not in the hobby anymore and i don';t want to sound as though i am coming across like Mr Health & Safety but these props take no prisoners.

Dave