Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 19:38:19

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 24
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

crius all in 1 and 4in1 esc help please

Started by mattydred, Tuesday,July 16, 2013, 00:20:29

Previous topic - Next topic

mattydred

hi, is any1 local to derby that will help me setup my friends quad. ive had it here for weeks now and all i done is fitted a new crius v2 board and bound a new DX8 to the quad but cant get the motors to arm. some1 mentioned the esc';s need calibrating which i havnt got a clue how to do. i think there is alot more setting up to do seeing as the quad has never flown with this dx8 before.
i';ll be happy to pay some1 if they will show me how to set it up and get it flying.
got loads of new fpv gear here to go on it - vtx, vrx, gopro3 black, fpv screen and all cables etc.

cheers
matty

firey1

the easiest way with the quattro esc is to do an auto calibration

Automatic ESC calibration (all at once)
This method works once you have all the ESCs connected to the power distribution board and have connected all your RC cables as instructed earlier in the manual and have otherwise set up your multicopter.

Safety First! - Remove the props!

Disconnect USB and battery. The entire system must not have power
Turn your radio on and put the radio throttle stick at maximum.
Connect the Lipo to power the APM, radio receiver and ESCs. You will probably hear one or two short musical tone from the ESCs.
When the APM boots, the Red-Blue LEDs will cycle slowly and continuously
Leaving the throttle stick at full, disconnect the Lipo and reconnect it again to reboot the APM and power the system. The APM will now pass the radio signal directly to the ESCs, triggering calibration. The Red-Blue LEDs will cycle quickly - You will probably hear the short musical note and then 2 beeps (it depends on what brand of ESC you have; the 3DR ones will do as described). After the two beeps there is a pause, during this pause drop the throttle to full down. You should hear confirmation/arming beeps. Move quickly to the next step.
Do not unplug, move the throttle up a little to confirm all ESCs are armed and the motors are working in sync.
Unplug the battery again and then reconnect. Now arm the APM with right rudder/low throttle for 4 secs, release rudder and then all your motors should spin if given a little throttle.
Your ESC';s are now calibrated. No further action is required.
Note: If after performing an Automatic ESC calibration the ESCs still beep quickly and continuously on power-up, make sure you have done the radio calibration in the Mission Planner! If that has been done you will need to do a Manual ESC calibration sequence as described below.

Manual ESC calibration (individual)
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

mattydred

thanks firey1 you are a star - i will re-check the wiring and give it a go. is there anything i need to setup in the dx8?
cheers
matty

firey1

No Worries
I use a Turnigy 9x but there shouldnt be anything to setup on the TX apart from your switches for mode flights  and not sure on the programming side for your TX sorry
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles