Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 19:32:12

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Twister quad

Started by p1uke, Saturday,July 13, 2013, 11:02:19

Previous topic - Next topic

p1uke

Hi everyone,  my son';s got a twister quad, he has only flew it a few times and then he had a crash.  Front left motor didn';t spin at first but later it did but the quad spins uncontrollable, I';ve just replaced that motor and it still does the same.  Has anyone got any ideas what could be causing this problems,  btw it spins to the right. Before the crash it was a great quad, very stable.

Many thanks mark.

guest325

Make sure the pinion on the motors are all fully engage with the gears, sometimes an impact causes them to slip on the shafts.
Another thing to check is the trims on the tx, it';s easy to adjust them inadvertently, finally make sure that when you plug the battery in its on a completely flat surface.

p1uke

Hi,  yes I have checked all the above, and flat surface.  I';ve got an mqx, I';ve had that a long time and not one problem with it,  and I';ve crashed plenty of times.
Any other ideas thanks mark

philtrum

had to sort one out for a guy at work, his lad had replaced a prop, but put the wrong one on, worth a check, although id doubt it would get in the air with the wrong prop on

Phil
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

p1uke

Not changed them,  had it flying perfect before a small crash.  Thanks

philtrum

Does the front left motor spin anti clockwise

If so it might be spinning fast enough to left off,  but not enough to counter the torque of the other props
Many Thanks
Phil
[url="//www.makeitbuildit.co.uk"]www.makeitbuildit.co.uk[/url]

p1uke

Yes it does, that';s what I thought, and why I had replaced that motor. 

Umm another to join the Hubsan in quad heaven I think.  Lol

mogwai101

I am facing a similar problem with the twister.
One of the props will not spin.
After checking all the connections and verifying that the problem is the lead or motor (other motor works on the socket in question) I was trying to see how to remove the motor and the -Ve lead has become detached at the motor.....this may have been the problem...
I can not for the life of me see how to remove the motor so I can solder the lead back... or worst case, replace it.  Any advice please?

shortwave

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU7EIElHeac
Look at about 2.50
It';s not a twister but very much the same
Pull arm cover off slowly it then exposes the motor
Very easy to do cover slides bak down the arm
If you look underneath ther is I little plastic tit to prise the cover over
Hope this helps

mogwai101

I have watched the clip but I am still no wiser.
The molding encasing the motor seems to be monolithic.  I can not see any joints that I can open.
So I tried a bit of force....and have been able to prise open the case.  It is not easy if you are not clear how it is supposed to come apart.  Perhaps I will add some pics tomorrow for anyone else who may struggle with this.
Shortwave was quiet correct in what he was saying .....but not knowing how it was to come apart made the task difficult.
May thanks shortwave.
I now am faced with some micro soldering....and maybe buying a new motor.
Any wrecked twisters with functioning motors looking for a home?

shortwave

Not shure wher you are
But happy to help with soldering

mogwai101

That is a kind offer.
The map shows you at the end of Bournemouth pier (must be a bit wet there).
I am in Basingstoke.
I will have a go at this one myself as the worst loss can be £10 for a new motor (and it may be dead already), and a few days delay to my practise bunny hopping.
I am off to Maplin shortly to get a lighted magnifying glass and small tools.
Report to follow.

mogwai101

I had the  motor wired and turning......but now it is dead.
After putting the assembly back together  it stopped again.  This time the problem was the red lead.....so I took it to bits and had another go and wrecked it!

The stub of the wire sticking out the plastic cap was too short to make a good connection to, so I thought I would remove the cap....first mistake.  The cap holds a commutator "brushes" which would be difficult to refit I think.

I drilled out the cap next to each terminal and soldered the -ve lead.  When drilling the +ve terminal I nudged the brush that should be connected to the lead.  When trying to reposition it, it pinged into the air and disappeared....never to be seen again!

I attach some pics showing the motor and its mounting [attach=1] [attach=2][attach=3][attach=4] .
I will be looking to see how the replacement motor is wired.  I think they are too delicate.

p1uke

Mine is sat here gathering dust,  make me an offer,  can always send you pics over.

mogwai101

I have just sent you a mail with an offer.

p1uke