Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,August 24, 2019, 03:12:05

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Aug 2019 19:26:42
I agree it does look a lot better for some reasom SMF shorten any recent posts display  :rolleyes:
Andy7:
23 Aug 2019 10:29:15
Nice! Looks loads better.  :beer2:
Gaza07:
22 Aug 2019 22:47:32
Sorted mate  ~~
Andy7:
22 Aug 2019 10:27:36
Sure. But basically, all the subjects are getting cut off.
Gaza07:
21 Aug 2019 18:14:54
Can you pm me a screen shot of what you mean
Andy7:
21 Aug 2019 12:15:41
Gaza - can you make the subject line section in the forum topic list wider? It's cutting off the subject field really short.
Andy7:
19 Aug 2019 09:14:20
Good for you!  ~~
DarkButterfly:
18 Aug 2019 19:13:57
Had another negative encounter, it's been a few years since the last one, just an uneducated ******, going on about drones being illegal yada yada yada.    :-/
Still that didn't spoil my flying time, had an absolute blast  ~~
Gaza07:
07 Aug 2019 19:52:01
ooooh mrs jones  :D
hoverfly:
30 Jul 2019 15:26:34
D.B. you tightwad.. :cool:
Members
  • Total Members: 8066
  • Latest: badger1
Stats
  • Total Posts: 196581
  • Total Topics: 19804
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Printing 3d Forum

Half stick / full throw servo

Started by Toledodave, Saturday,July 13, 2013, 02:17:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledodave

Should the tx module and rx be compatible? When i bind them all i get is half stick servo movment on all channels. Ive searched and read to set limits but mine dont change anything. Not forgetting to mention the rx binding is very tempermental. The rx states that servo syncing isnt supported with modules. What do i do now?  Thankyou in advance for your time.

Toledodave

Pics didnt work first time and cant edit first and add them sry for double post

robshaw

Not heard of that before. Are you sure the rates aren';t set wrong on the tx?
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Toledodave

Quote from: robshaw on Saturday,July 13, 2013, 11:09:04
Not heard of that before. Are you sure the rates aren';t set wrong on the tx?

I dont have any rates, limits, or expo. I even created a new model and tried the different ppm settings. Ive never heard of Redcon and wondering if its just a cheap knockoff or something. I ordered an 8 ch orange now. Wanted a 9ch but they are on back order. This will be my 4th rx lol the spectrum works nice but its 7 ch and not enough to add my light switch and cam gimbal servos.

firey1

silly question
but did you do a stick calibration ?????
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Toledodave

Quote from: firey1 on Saturday,July 13, 2013, 21:11:10
silly question
but did you do a stick calibration ?????

Lol thats a great question!  But yes that was first thing i did!  But i had to re-bind a few times because sometimes i didnt get bind lights on both the reciever or the satellite. Sometimes one or the other would go solid light to show bind but not both. Then sometimes i do get both to show solid. So with that goofy stuff im kinda thinkin its a faulty reciever or maybe just not compatible :/

kym

OK, someone went and said calibration.

I had a problem some time back with an old Turnigy TX. I bought some shiny new and super el cheapo servos from PRC and I had a funny problem. Full stick got only 1/2 the servo throw.
At the same time old servos I had sitting around still gave the full quid.

As you might expect, the prob turned out the servos wanted one range of pulse widths
for 0-180; the TX sent a different range of pulse widths.

At some point I got to thinking about re-calibrating the sticks. I looked at several methods on the net that claimed to work. The manual with the TX was completely useless -- a pdf created by pasting photos of photocopied pages together; can not even search it and the text is pretty useless anyway. The emphasis is on how to use the buttons to navigate the menus, but it doesn';t bother to explain why you want to get into certain menus or what those functions are supposed to be doing.

Anyway. Finally bit the bullet and did a calibration. Right stick fine; left stick ended up
with top-left == bottom-right == non-functioning. Tried a few times, if anything the results got worse and worse.

Some time (much) later, I read somewhere incidentally how to reset the calibration on the Turnigy in case you scewed it up. That worked.

I also managed to snaffle one of those board to allow you to burn new firmware. But I haven';t bitten that bullet.

(Getting the board was also a procedure. After 6 wks it hadn';t turned up from Canada. I talked with the guy and we finally sorted out it was sent to an old address. Somehow
Paypal told him the old address I had, even tho it had been deleted from everthing I could see on the actual Paypal account; the Paypal people were vague about how it can be something is sent to an address that is not presently your actual address; they said there were "other sources" for the mailing address other than from your Papal account.
Finally the package ended up back in Canada. The guy said it looked like it had been shot with a shotgun and there was a definite smell of burning about the board. Not sure where it had been or how it got re-addressed back to Canada. My old addr at the time had been turned into a vacant block. But, anyway, he sent a 2nd copy of the board and the insurance EVENTUALLY covered the loss. They didn';t want to pay because it had not been delivered to the right address. I thought that';s the kind of thing the insurance was supposed to cover; silly me).

firey1

was lucky with my smartie board took 5 days from Canada to NZ plugged it all in and works great
MIKE

550 RC Spider quad for FPV
550 Alien quad (my sons now)
F450 quad
450 size bell 212, MD500,Augusta 109
600 size Huey running apm 2.5  3 planes  Taranis and 9xr  radios Skyzone FPV goggles

Toledodave

So resetting tye tx worked?  Im using a 9xr. How did ya do that? I tryed a new model and that didnt help either. I ordered another rx :/

Toledodave

I got my Orange 8ch Rx and i had no problems binding and sevos actuating a full throught in relations to the Tx.  Alls good now, so far. :)