Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Wednesday,April 24, 2024, 01:07:44

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,426
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 36
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 15
Total: 15

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

naza problem

Started by Cozp83, Tuesday,July 09, 2013, 16:53:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Cozp83

while waiting for my new frame to turn up, i threw my naza in a 330m frame i had with some no name escs and 2200kv motors. problem is when i arm it it takes off! ive tried low as the idle speed but it just takes off! any ideas people?
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

Balders

Have you calibrated the esc';s (as in max/min throttle)?
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Cozp83

yeah man, had this thing flying fairly well with a kk board. i think the 2200kv motors are too powerful, and the arming speed is enough for it to take off?!?!

Cozp83

Jumpy07

ESC  or TX calibration...  also check you end points in your tx.. 

BNUC-S Pilot with PfCo /PFAW.
UAQ / CAA PfCo Instructor / Flight Assessor

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Cozp83

all done. this has me stumped. i only ever post questions when ive exhausted every option. this is bugging me. has any one else had this problem?

Biffa

Have you tried changing the motor idle speed?
Steve

Jumpy07

Do you have motor startup set to "intelligent" ?

Tepaja

What firmware you have in Naza. Newest firmware allows multirotor rise only when throttle stick is over 50%. Or so I´ve heard. I havent updated mine Naza.
How light is your quad?

ChrisH

Quote from: Cozp83 on Tuesday,July 09, 2013, 18:13:49
all done. this has me stumped. i only ever post questions when ive exhausted every option. this is bugging me. has any one else had this problem?
No help to you but I had the opposite problem. Motors appeared not to start after calibrating ESC';s. Doing the CSC on the Tx produced no action. Turned out I just needed to increase the startup speed (710Kv motors) and all OK.

I know that you said you reduced the startup speed, have you checked to see if the change has "stuck" in the Naza by checking again?
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Balders

what size props are you using? 2200kv motors sound very high rpm. Assume you are using 3S?

I use 8" props on my 400mm frame, 1200kv motors and 3S just to give you an idea.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

KK1W

Knowing the firmware version would be a big help :smiley:

Naza throttle control on the new firmware versions is a lot different than what you';re probably used to. One easy way to check is, with props off, see how the motors behave in ';manual'; mode.

If they spool up correctly in manual mode then you know it is a setting in the Assistant software, most likely ';intelligent motor cutoff'; or ';idle speed control'; bothncome intonplay when you';re in atti or GPS mode. If they don';t work right in manual mode then you need to fix the problem with calibration, etc

Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Jim
Jim/KK1W

SimonS

Quote from: KK1W on Tuesday,July 09, 2013, 21:50:36
Knowing the firmware version would be a big help :smiley:

Also, which version of Naza?  V1, v2 or Lite?

Cozp83

its a v1 with the latest firmware im rocking 8 inch gemfans and a 3cell 2200. ive used the latest firmware on my last quad. so im used to the new take off routine.

intelligent cut off is off, and idle speed control is low. calibration and ALL settings are spot on.

naza wont arm if the calibration is not spot on. the problem exist in both manual and atti mode.

the problem is it takes off as soon as i arm it! imagine the shock i got when i armed it and it took straight off! ;D

tried again this morning and the same thing happened.

the motors are too powerful. only thing it could be. i use these motors in my depron f22';s and they scream, straight vertical take offs at 1/2 throttle ;)

Jumpy07

I doubt its due to powerful motors..

Sounds like a weird one.. only thing I can think of.. (if you have calibrated everything) is that the ESC';s don';t like the Naza.. which has been known.. what brand are they ?  also are they SimonK ?

Cozp83

esc';s could be the problem, but throttle range is spot on with no props. the problem is getting the motors to spin up slow enough so it doesn';t shoot off when i ARM it.

SimonS

Have you got a 2s lipo that you can try?  The lower voltage might prevent it from getting airborne.

ChrisH

Quote from: SimonS on Wednesday,July 10, 2013, 17:11:30
Have you got a 2s lipo that you can try?  The lower voltage might prevent it from getting airborne.
I think from memory the Naza is 3S to 6S so may not work at all.

Would solve the take-off problem  :smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

SimonS

Cozp83

tried that already, didnt work;) what i just tried was strapping and extra unconnected battery for weight and it flew a treat;) im gonna go down a prop size;)

Balders

Certainly sounds like motor KV combined with those props is simply generating too much lift even at low throttle startup (as proven by adding weight). For 8" props you probably want 1000kv on a light weight quad on 3S.

Most multi-motors are in the 750-1200kv region, I think Tesla';s quads use higher rpm motors but not on naza and on tiny props.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

Gav

Lol that is a wild motor kv rating.  Bet you can go into outer space with that.

artadams

Do you have the throttle channel on the TX reversed?

rsmith21

2200kv Motors on a small frame does sound like it will perform :).  I wonder if flashing the ESCs with multi FW would help tame it a  little. You would have to strip the heat shrink off and see if the chips are SiLabs or Atmel to work out whether to use SimonK or BLHeli FW, then again, you can bye ready flashed ESCs if re flashing is not your thing :)

Put a nice big SLR camera under it and you will get some great quality imags, sounds like it could lift it  :beer2:
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

cootertwo

Naza Lite on a QAV250, with Sunnysky 2208/2600kv When I connect all 4 motors to throttle channel of receiver, I can run from slow idle to full speed. But when hooked up to Naza Lite, when armed, they go almost 1/2-3/4 throttle !!! I have set the startup speed in assistant to as low as it will go. I know these are overkill motors with 3c and 5" props, but if it works one way, why not the other. Been searching, and have seen others with same problem, but I haven';t seen a solution yet. ::)