Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 19, 2024, 21:06:52

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

T-680 build

Started by Prometheus, Tuesday,July 09, 2013, 14:15:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Prometheus

I';ve spoken to Martin at BYOD today, I live near him and on Thursday I will be visiting him to pick up the bits I need to built my Tarot 680.

I have the frame ready, so will post as I build it.

hoping this weather holds ,,  it';s like Christmas in the summer

::)

Tarot 680 Frame - Wookong M - GPS - GoPro H3 BLK  

Quad Alien - Naza V2 - GPS - Mobius

250 Quad - KK2.1.5  -  808 cam

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Prometheus

After Visiting BYOD.. I have the bits needed to start the build.

Motors, ESC';s, cables, power board, radio etc. but the best bit  is the Wookong Promo deal. I got over £2000 pounds worth of Wookong toys for £800.  If you';re interested in the offer, it';s here   http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/DJI-Wookong-M-Promotion-p/dji-wookong-promotion.htm

BYOD = NICW  ( now I cant wait )

::)

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Prometheus

A Pic of it before the build gets going...

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Cozp83

thats a bargain dude! Gonna be a cool build! the t8j is awesome by the way, very intuitive and easy to setup and program;)
If YOU can fly it, I CAN crash it.

shaktar

Nice build, do like the Tarot stuff.

I also bought the Wookong promo from them, just waiting for it now :D
[url="http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages"]http://www.facebook.com/TMadeImages[/url].

Prometheus

Wookong Promo kit supposed to be here back end of this week    ::)

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Prometheus

So on with my build.

Martin noticed that the tarot motor mount holes do not line up with the standard motor brackets, so I have ordered some different ones. I am going to use the stock ones for extra real estate, so I can mount the GPS etc on the arms. 

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Prometheus

New motor mounts - they only had 4, so it';ll be starting life as a Quad

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Prometheus

Spent the weekend with soldering iron , small screwdrivers, cable ties and all ..  I think it';s coming together nicely..

Just need to locktight the screws and charge me batts and take a large gulp  ;)

Had some tech problems, Martin from BYOD was most helpful in finding the problem. it was part RTFM and part wrong SN in Wookong ( waypoint upgrade ). I plugged the BT Led in right away and got a bum steer in flash sequences. Some head scratching later, I put the stock Led on, and then it worked. Post SN upgrade, the BT Led works fine.

woo hoo   :laugh:

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

bunnygirl80

Hi,

Yes, I had the same problem with my motors. I ended up having to make my own carbon motor mounts.

http://www.multi-rotor.co.uk/index.php?topic=1947.msg28553#msg28553

Check out my build which is now pretty much complete.

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Wednesday,July 24, 2013, 12:33:38
Yes, I had the same problem with my motors. I ended up having to make my own carbon motor mounts.

I purchased my FY680 frame and motors second hand. Like others, the motor mount holes only lined up with two on the motors. Like others, just the two have been used so I will try it like that for now. May be rattling Stef';s doors for her design in the future... :smiley:
Chris
Hubsan X4
DJI F450, Naza, GPS, DX8,
Tarot FY680 Naza, GPS, Hero3 Silver, 5.8 FPV with screen
 :england:

Prometheus

These are the mounts I used      http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/q650-motor-mount-plate-set.html

you will also need the motor plates http://www.unmannedtechshop.co.uk/q650-motor-mount-plate-set.html

and for any screws and bits, I go here  http://www.modelfixings.co.uk/     ; for the motor plates, you';ll need  M2.5 x 6

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

bunnygirl80

Chris,

Be careful with the standard plates and two screws. If you get a wobbly landing and a prop touches the ground, it rips the motor off the plate! It happened to me when I was playing with the gains, so be careful!

Stef
Always smile because you never know who could be falling in love with it. :) Drone Operator in North Wales. [url="//www.aerialworx.co.uk"]www.aerialworx.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Mmmm :hmm:

I appreciate it';s not ideal. Who cut your plates and would they consider doing another set? I don';t know anyone with the ability to cut them. Which motors is your design for?
Mine are Torx/Tiger 2814';s
Chris
Hubsan X4

Prometheus

Here she is..

Got a little tidy up to do on the wiring and fit the cover to it,, but overall it';s there..

Just had a test flight,, something isn';t quite right.. having trouble hovering and Att or GPS mode,, and it';s drifting around a bit.. but it does fly ..  yipeeeeeee   ~~

am I right in thinking I need to tweak the gains ?

:smiley:

I';ll post a clip later

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

bunnygirl80

Hi Prom,

Yes, you will probably need to adjust the gains considerably. I';ve spent about three hours on tweaking mine so far and its still in need of further minor adjustments.

Stef

Balders

Have you calibrated the magnetometer? The so called "naza dance" although still applies to WKM.
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

ChrisH

Quote from: Balders on Monday,August 12, 2013, 22:07:29
Have you calibrated the magnetometer? The so called "naza dance" although still applies to WKM.
I always feel a right wally doing the dance!  :embarrassed
Chris
Hubsan X4

Prometheus

CRASH !!!  :hmm:

Velcro strap slipped, battery fell out,, not more fly fly.. Only moves in one direction with no battery..  downwards.

Will need to add more velcro to stop that happening again.. 

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

Prometheus

Quote from: Balders on Monday,August 12, 2013, 22:07:29

Thanks Balders, I did do the Mag calibration. Now I have started tinkering with the gains, it';s much better  ( well it was  ;)  )

P>

Taranis Plus
Fatshark

bunnygirl80

Aw! Sorry to hear about your dint! I';ve got a few spare parts if you';re after stuff. There';s quite a few things from the original frame which I didn';t use!

I think there';s a lesson for us all there!

dp106

Quote from: bunnygirl80 on Tuesday,September 24, 2013, 07:50:05
Aw! Sorry to hear about your dint! I';ve got a few spare parts if you';re after stuff. There';s quite a few things from the original frame which I didn';t use!

I think there';s a lesson for us all there!
I use a velcro strap but have also stuck a bit of velcro onto all my batteries now and a piece on my frame.  The idea being this stops it moving around and the strap holds it in place.

johnth

I have a FY680 on order, can someone please give me the measurements between centres of the camera carrier beams as I need to get a mod done for my gimbal. And are the tubes 8mm or 6mm dia?
Thanks John
Tarot FY680,TMotor 2814/770 Tarot 13x5.5 carbon props dji30 amp/sc,2x5000ma 3S Turnigy lipos, Naza v1GPS updated,DJIIosdmini,5.8GHz 600ma 32ch AV T/X HKing brushless  gimbal Sony nex5N

ChrisH

Quote from: johnth on Tuesday,October 01, 2013, 15:56:32
I have a FY680 on order, can someone please give me the measurements between centres of the camera carrier beams as I need to get a mod done for my gimbal. And are the tubes 8mm or 6mm dia?
Thanks John
John, just measured my 680. Tubes are 10mm diameter and are 6cm apart.  ~~
Chris
Hubsan X4

johnth

Tarot FY680,TMotor 2814/770 Tarot 13x5.5 carbon props dji30 amp/sc,2x5000ma 3S Turnigy lipos, Naza v1GPS updated,DJIIosdmini,5.8GHz 600ma 32ch AV T/X HKing brushless  gimbal Sony nex5N

johnth

Quote from: Prometheus on Monday,July 15, 2013, 09:44:19
So on with my build.

Martin noticed that the tarot motor mount holes do not line up with the standard motor brackets, so I have ordered some different ones. I am going to use the stock ones for extra real estate, so I can mount the GPS etc on the arms. 

For anyone that needs to know the motor mounts are drilled for T Motors, I have TM 2814';s  and they fit perfectly, lucky me :smiley:

Prometheus

Finally ... 

Got me gimbal on , got me camera on . up up and away...

At Last Some footage

Taranis Plus
Fatshark