Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Thursday,April 25, 2024, 18:41:57

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 21
Total: 21

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

Time to "Switch"! How many modes you got?

Started by Toledodave, Monday,July 08, 2013, 11:45:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Toledodave

Ok so with my Turnigy 9xr i have managed to set up ID0-ID2 for flight modes. I want more! Is there a way to get 6 flight modes outta this radio on the single channel 5?

DarrenG

[b]Darren Griffin[/b]
@DarrenGriffin, @TheMacFixer & @PocketGPSWorld
Sky-Hero Little Spyder with Naza V2, Arducopter Quad with Pixhawk and Emax 250 with Naze32

robshaw

Yes you can get all 6 flight modes with a 9xr. No problems. I posted my mix settings not so long ago on here. Will try and find them. On my phone at mo so not as easy to find stuff.
Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

nub

Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Toledodave

Quote from: DarrenG on Monday,July 08, 2013, 11:54:19
I followed this guide when I was using switch mixes:

But have now installed a 6-position switch.

Awesome thankyou!

Toledodave

Quote from: robshaw on Monday,July 08, 2013, 12:21:33
Yes you can get all 6 flight modes with a 9xr. No problems. I posted my mix settings not so long ago on here. Will try and find them. On my phone at mo so not as easy to find stuff.

Rob,  that would be great!  I know i saw your pics not long ago thought i bookmarked them. I tried finding your post last night but couldnt.   Btw... Did you get a chance to see my yaw issue video? And what u thought about it.

Toledodave

robshaw

Tunrnigy Talon Tri, TBS Discovery, TBS Discovery PRO, Spnky 250 Mini, EZUHF, EZOSD

Toledodave

Rob...thanx a million. I will try those settings when i get home from work.  Also wondering if my problems are from the rx since i have troubles with fatshark and its servos too. I have an Ar7010 Spectrum Rx.  I have a new 9 channel coming.

robshaw

Don';t think receiver should be a problem. All the flight modes are on channel 5. That receiver is a 7 channel isn';t it?

Toledodave

Quote from: robshaw on Monday,July 08, 2013, 19:12:53
Don';t think receiver should be a problem. All the flight modes are on channel 5. That receiver is a 7 channel isn';t it?

yes its a 7ch. But since i couldnt get my gopro gimbals to work through mixing and now having rudder issues i went ahead and ordered the new 9ch Rx. Which ever i dont use goes in next acro tri build.:/

Toledodave

Rob.. Im home and going over your pics...im lost again! Lol   how do you get 6 switches out of that? (Not doubting you) Only thing i can think of is the ail switch is conditional?  Getting 3 ID switches for each two position of your Aileron switch? Making 6 total? (Hoping or im gonna feel real stupid and confused) lol

Toledodave

Ok so i coppied your setup and again..your truely a master mixer to me! Lol thanx. Even though i only managed to get t modes working thats awesome.
I do have a question though.. On your limits..the -95 on channel one was preventing me from arming. Do i need to recalibrate or is ok ok to change back? Do i need it?  I dont understand what we just set up looks like i need more reading to mixing lol was goimg to add another mix to ch5 but the last one at that is at 32% confused me going the other way. :-

robshaw

Haha. Thanks mate. The minus 95% is to assist failsafe. Yes you need to recalibrate radio once those settings have been added.  95% keeps it well above the failsafe threshold and when you lose signal or switch tx off it drops to well below 1000 pwm and activates failsafe.

robshaw

If you still don';t have all six modes you just need to tweak the mix values a bit. When in mission planner and setting flight modes you will.see the actual channel 5 value at the top of the column. This needs to fall between each value for each flight mode. Values are on the right hand side. This is just a screen shot I got online and not mine so ignore the allocation.

Toledodave

Wow awesome!  I will play with it tonight when i get home.  I noticed last night i flashed an old version of Mega and according to some posts that fixes my yaw issue :/ so i got side tracked last night and couldnt finish with the mixers last night but i will tonight. Thankyou again!