Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Saturday,April 20, 2024, 13:19:55

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Bad Raven:
01 Dec 2023 06:59:57
New Simulator Section started!   :beer2:
Bad Raven:
17 Jun 2023 06:52:23
Yes, smaller, same as lots of things as time passes.
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,425
  • Total Topics: 20,260
  • Online today: 22
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 17
Total: 17

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

KKV2 (LCD) updated firmware

Started by Balders, Thursday,August 30, 2012, 09:46:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Balders

Didn't see this already posted, but apologies if it's on another thread.

A new firmware release came outearly August.

Details here:

http://oddcopter.com/2012/08/08/kk2-0-firmware-update-and-source-code-release/
Growing old is mandatory...Growing up is optional

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified
[url="//sbaps.co.uk"]Sbaps.co.uk[/url]

Gaza07

Nice find Balders I will make it a sticky  :bravo:
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

Gav

cheers for posting.  Any significant flight characteristics improved with this firmware?

Balders

Quote from: Gav on Thursday,August 30, 2012, 22:08:30
cheers for posting.  Any significant flight characteristics improved with this firmware?

Not read too much about it yet (or flashed my board) but I understand it does solve a number of issues (the high-timing for esc's, tricopter tail servo oscillations etc).

There was an almighty ****** up in the original firmware on the basis that it was set based on esc's that had been flashed with simonk firmware, not standard esc's, but I'm sure anyone with a KKV2 who has got it flying has already sussed this out :)

If anyone is struggling with a KKV2 and needs help, let me know.  I'm reasonably confident with mine now.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

tabsha

Hello
I am building a Quad with KK2 as the FCC. When I try to cable rate the ESC's ( they are 25A Hobby King) by holding down keys 1 and 4 and applying power, the ESC's beep and beep and play tunes but never finish to the point where my fingers start to hurt. I then bring the throttle to the minimum position and hen a few more beeps then I let go.
I also see that not all motors rev up simultaneously when I increase the throttle.
Also, the motors ( turnigy 2200 KV outrunners) seem to have a ' spike' in them ? Any hints would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Balders

Hi mate,

OK, couple of things spring to mind.

First off (and the most common mistake) is when calibrating your ESC's, you are probably keeping the throttle high for too long, forcing the esc's into programming mode, rather than setting max and min throttle points.

So, the procedure is...Tx on, throttle max, hold 1 & 4 on KK2, power up KK2 by plugging in battery, you'll get a few beeps straight away, as soon as those very first beeps have stopped, lower throttle to zero, all the time keeping 1 & 4 held down.  You should then get a couple of confirmation beeps.  That concludes the procedure. Take fingers off 1 & 4, unplug KK battery, switch off tx, and you shoudl be good to go.

Re motors not all starting at same time, you can fix this by increasing the minimum throttle value I think in the misc settings bit.  I had exactly that problem and increased the value I think to 16 (if memory serves...I'm not at home).  This fixes the problem nicely, and is just another reason why I rate this board so highly.

Good luck, feel free to come back with any questions.  More than happy to help.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

tabsha

OK and thanks. I'll give it a try today.

tabsha

Ok

So i believe I got the ESC's and the motor spinning issues licked.
Now...
The fine tuning. When i give it some throttle, It lifts and immeadiately drifts to the right. So i put it on a level surface (Confirmed with a level in the X and y) and caliberated the sensors hoping that that will make it stable.
All I am trying to do for now is to be able to hover like in all the videos!
I guess that I need to set the PI values, as well and tune the sensors? I have tested the radio and di the sub-trimming ..etc
here is a picture of my creation (I am proud of it) so any help in some clear steps as to how to balance it would be great!

Balders

that level holding you've seen in the videos only applies if you are in level mode.  This is normally controlled by a switch/5th channel (mine is setup on gear switch on Dx6i).  It should certainly hover pretty flat indoors without being in level mode in any case, so this will be down to either c of g being off (try balancing it between your fingers, is one side heavy?) or possibly trim related.  There's no harm in trimming the thing. It's only a $20 board don't forget so don't expect the earth, although it IS very capable indeed.

FPV Guru
BNUC-S qualified

micarus

Quote from: Balders on Wednesday,October 10, 2012, 20:04:11
that level holding you';ve seen in the videos only applies if you are in level mode.  This is normally controlled by a switch/5th channel (mine is setup on gear switch on Dx6i).  It should certainly hover pretty flat indoors without being in level mode in any case, so this will be down to either c of g being off (try balancing it between your fingers, is one side heavy?) or possibly trim related.  There';s no harm in trimming the thing. It';s only a $20 board don';t forget so don';t expect the earth, although it IS very capable indeed.
Thanks for posting this Steve I';v only just spotted it and it may solve some of my issues <I hope>. :laugh:

Cheers  M8                  MIKE. ~~
fly it like ya stole it.

mrmurder1975

balders, hope you don';t mind me posting this in your thread but thought you and others might be interested. most people know fw version 1.6 is out now but that has just been improved upon again with version 1.6++

new features include one button esc calibration and a lost model alarm.

it can be found here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1899326 and the file is at the bottom of the page. ~~
How high can it go?    High!
How far can it go?      Far!
How fast can it go?     Fast!
Can i have a go?        NO!!

rsmith21

Is there a menu item that displays the current FW version, mine arrived today but the frame is not ready to mount it yet.
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal

QuadBod

Can';t speak for other versions, but on 1.5 it';s the first thing it displays when you power it up.

rsmith21

Thanks QuadBod, I just hooked it all up on the bench and its 1.2, but blink and you miss it :) . I';ve ordered a programmer so I';m going right to 1.6++ when t comes, no point messing with one version then having to start again.
KK2, NAZA M/V2 ugrade, Spektrum DX 8, Hubsan X4
Immersion 25Mw vtx, GoPro 4, Black Pearl Display
Walkera 2 axis gimbal