Welcome to Multi-Rotor UK. Please login or sign up.

Friday,April 26, 2024, 00:21:50

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Gaza07:
23 Apr 2024 08:09:45
The Domain expires for the forum in 60 days, I'm not going to renew it this time unless I see any activity  :beer2:
Gaza07:
20 Apr 2024 18:02:50
Is there anyone who would like to see this forum stay open ? :shrug:
hoverfly:
17 Apr 2024 17:15:13
 :rolleyes:
Bad Raven:
26 Mar 2024 08:41:05
 :(
Andy7:
25 Mar 2024 14:49:21
An excess of work and rain.  :thumbdown:
Bad Raven:
23 Mar 2024 18:12:38
Almost a personal Blog, it would seem. LOTS of members, but NO posts.  :-/   :shrug:
Gaza07:
06 Mar 2024 16:59:49
Anyone still here  :shrug:
ched:
24 Dec 2023 11:48:48
Hope you all have a Great Christmas and a happy New Year.
Bad Raven:
20 Dec 2023 06:17:47
 ~~   :beer2: 
Gaza07:
19 Dec 2023 22:20:27
Merry Christmas All  :beer2:
Members
  • Total Members: 8,195
  • Latest: lokloks
Stats
  • Total Posts: 201,427
  • Total Topics: 20,261
  • Online today: 31
  • Online ever: 530
  • (Tuesday,June 26, 2012, 08:34:46 )
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 25
Total: 25

Theme Changer

3d - Printworx

I don't believe it!!! Short video with crash.

Started by JT, Friday,July 05, 2013, 13:22:16

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

Another still morning had me rushing outside just after 7 this morning, I decided to try the gopro looking straight ahead again, I flew slowly around the field when suddenly the screen went blank. I hit GPS hold and gave it some throttle as I emerged from under my sunshade, but I couldn';t see or hear any sign of the quad. It took me a whole hour to find it, walking up and down a large area of a sugar beet field taking 10 rows at a time to search. The quad was a bit bent but ok, the poor gopro was covered in muck (again) and the lipo was sitting next to the quad. I really didn';t know what had happened until I watched the gopro footage back...

Strange quadcopter FPV crash

My lipo had fallen off!! I really don';t know how or why it was strapped on with a piece of anti slip matt beneath it! Still the pics of the disappearing lipo are cool  :banghead:

Biffa

Awesome stuff ~~

Glad there';s not too much damage.
Steve

barneyg

Ouch ... What battery connector are you using ? ... I';ve switched mine to EC5 ... I couldn';t imagine that coming apart with just the weight of the battery :)

nub

unlucky :(

velcro + a strap and that';ll never happen again :smiley:
Point and click.

Monkey see, Monkey do.

Gav

WICKED!  10 out of 10 for an entertaining fall out of the sky crash.

That is great you can see the lipo fall to earth followed by the quad.  ~~

Seriously though - I hope there isn';t too much damage and you get out there FPV';ing again soon.

cheers
Gav

Gaza07

I always use a velcro strap since I had one fall off but luckily the xt60 held it while it swung about  :rolleyes:  ~~
[url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN6zN99iLCIJea5FCQPKf_g"]YouTube[/url]   [url="https://www.printing-3d.co.uk"]printing-3d[/url]  [url="https://www.thingiverse.com/Gaza07/about"]Thingiverse[/url]  [url="https://www.3d-printworx.co.uk"]3d-printworx[/url]

JT

Quote from: barneyg on Friday,July 05, 2013, 13:54:39
Ouch ... What battery connector are you using ? ... I';ve switched mine to EC5 ... I couldn';t imagine that coming apart with just the weight of the battery :)

Quote from: nub on Friday,July 05, 2013, 14:32:26
unlucky :(

velcro + a strap and that';ll never happen again :smiley:

I';m using Deans, the damn things are really tight to get on and off! lol

Velcro is the way to go, I';ll get some.

CurryKitten

One of the weirdest crashes I';ve seen... it looks like a perfect bombing run, albeit unintentional.  Glad you had the footage to find out what happened, else it would have been a bit of a head-scratcher.

Biffa

I have had LiPos fall off my foamies before, but luckily the XT-60';s have always held fast and got me home.
Steve

JT

The damage.....

Not too bad really lots of soil on it, the top bit with the GPS on it is a bit fu.....dged up but that was OTT anyway and I may dramatically reduce the height of it so that the antenna for FPV isn';t obscured by it. The soil came off the unprotected gopro lens too and there is no damage!! ::)

Gav, it';s lucky your skew planers are flexible mate :cool:

guest325

Velcro plus xt60';s - can';t go wrong; great vid, wish I';d got that sort of gear some of my Oops';s would be entertaining!
Glad nothing too serious broken!

dp106

Is the frame still intact? I crashed yesterday not nearly as high and snapped an arm :-/

JT

Quote from: dp106 on Friday,July 05, 2013, 18:28:37
Is the frame still intact? I crashed yesterday not nearly as high and snapped an arm :-/

Didn';t even harm a prop ;D.....

dp106

Gav

Well that';s the drop test ticked off the list LOL.

If that was a rc heli or plane there would be carnage and £££s of damage. 

JT

Quote from: Gav on Friday,July 05, 2013, 19:53:08

Does this mean I gett to charge you a testing fee!!  LOL

guest325

Quote from: Gav on Friday,July 05, 2013, 19:53:08

If that was a rc heli or plane there would be carnage and £££s of damage.
Heli - agreed; Plane - not always, having been practicing dead stick landings, provided you';re using a separate rx supply you can land safely. I use Eneloops for my receiver batteries on anything that cost a lot to buy or took a lot of my time to make, tempted to go that way on my quad when I put it back together.